Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
  #3121  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 380
Default

I have a losi clutch in mine! `=<>=;

xe
maxflo777 is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM
  #3122  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxflo777
I have a losi clutch in mine! `=<>=;

xe
What mods did you have to do.
Frank L is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
  #3123  
Tech Regular
 
didrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 462
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L
What mods did you have to do.
Guys is durango going to do any critical changes to the next production of the 408?

How do you guys find the car?
What changes does it need?
didrace is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 PM
  #3124  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by didrace
Guys is durango going to do any critical changes to the next production of the 408?

How do you guys find the car?
What changes does it need?
Im pretty much running it stock with a few spring and shock oil changes. I like the car it is very good to me. The only difficult thing was the throttle linkage but once its dialed its good. I am using mugen clutch springs the TD clutch springs are too stiff and the blue springs in the kit need to be tossed, IDK where they came from but they are all wrong.
Frank L is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
  #3125  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
mmaattppllaayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L
Im pretty much running it stock with a few spring and shock oil changes. I like the car it is very good to me. The only difficult thing was the throttle linkage but once its dialed its good. I am using mugen clutch springs the TD clutch springs are too stiff and the blue springs in the kit need to be tossed, IDK where they came from but they are all wrong.
Which mugen springs are you running the .9mm ones? also what color springs are you running
mmaattppllaayy is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
  #3126  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,075
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L
Im pretty much running it stock with a few spring and shock oil changes. I like the car it is very good to me. The only difficult thing was the throttle linkage but once its dialed its good. I am using mugen clutch springs the TD clutch springs are too stiff and the blue springs in the kit need to be tossed, IDK where they came from but they are all wrong.
Frank I mixed up my kit blue springs with the option blue springs how do i tell them apart
offroad dude is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
  #3127  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Anyone have a good starting point as far as setup goes for Psycho Nitro Blast? Track will be blown out in many areas, and there will for sure be large jumps

I do wish TD was back on here again keeping us informed

I'd like to know when the tank is going to be update with the splash gaurd?
When and if there is a Aluminum linkage mount coming to the throttle?
When are TD fluids coming out?
Is there a new rear chassis brace coming?
When is the optional clutch springs and clutch bells coming?
.........

I really like the car, it would just be easier to make some decisions that need to be made.


Thank You for anyones answers or comments, again....I am not complaining.
SPEEDSKI is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 PM
  #3128  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 380
Default

[IMG]://[/IMG]
All mods in the clutch.

Although I cut the engine base 1.0 mm to make up for the diference in radius (eg: flywheel diameter).

1- trim the clutch bell skirt
so it can go deeper in the flywheel
2- trim (chamfer) the clutch bell inner bearing lip
so it does not touch the flywheel when it goes deeper in
3- cut the flywheel nut outer face 1mm
again, so it allows the bell to go further deep
4- trim the flywheel so the inner bearing does not touch it

#4 is the only one that its a pita. You can do all but that one and assemble so you can see where it touches and then trimm where its marked

#1 & #2 can be cut easly and perfectly by putting the bell to spin on a crank in its own bearings while cutting it

#3 its fairly simple.

it'll take you a couple hrs but youll have it afterwards
maxflo777 is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
  #3129  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 260
Default

Originally Posted by Integra
Lol complaining about the Anodizing color now..... Common guys, Even the ever so popular Losi has a Faint difference in shock body's from 1 car to the next....Imo you better get over it as durango ain't gonna do Nothing for you....Its cosmetic.
Not interested in getting into an on-line debate with you on this. Based on the tone of your post you sound like your attempting to elicit some sort of argument from me. I think I'm totally within my rights as a consumer to question the finish of a product. I'm not complaining about this car. Like most others, I think it's a truly innovative car and, if you had read my post correctly, you would have noted that I said that this cosmetic issue would NOT have changed my decision to buy. I bought this car because it suited my style (yes I tested one before hand), I liked the innovation and the it looks fantastic to boot.

Are you a spokesman for Durango? How would know their response? Just another on-line keyboard jockey!

In conclusion, bite me!
ratjayfala is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
  #3130  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,075
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

offroad dude is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 PM
  #3131  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,696
Default

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Not interested in getting into an on-line debate with you on this. Based on the tone of your post you sound like your attempting to elicit some sort of argument from me. I think I'm totally within my rights as a consumer to question the finish of a product. I'm not complaining about this car. Like most others, I think it's a truly innovative car and, if you had read my post correctly, you would have noted that I said that this cosmetic issue would NOT have changed my decision to buy. I bought this car because it suited my style (yes I tested one before hand), I liked the innovation and the it looks fantastic to boot.

Are you a spokesman for Durango? How would know their response? Just another on-line keyboard jockey!

In conclusion, bite me!
lmfao

your such a
Alan D. is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM
  #3132  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
mmaattppllaayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default

out of all the threads for all the cars i am following this one has the most whinny and complaining people I have ever seen in my life. Get it together people. Just drive the thing and ask questions about setups or give useful info. Go do your bitching and bickering elsewhere. Maybe I should start a new thread for all you guys where you can do that. STAY ON TOPIC
mmaattppllaayy is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:48 PM
  #3133  
Jms
Tech Rookie
 
Jms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Has anybody tried smart diffs in the td.
I wonder how it would work.
Jms is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:51 PM
  #3134  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
mmaattppllaayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jms
Has anybody tried smart diffs in the td.
I wonder how it would work.
The overall length of the diff needs to be the same measurement. If its the same length or within 1mm it could fit.
mmaattppllaayy is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 PM
  #3135  
Jms
Tech Rookie
 
Jms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Is any body having problems with the wheel hob bearings
I had one race day in Them and they sound crunchy.
I just order some boca bearing set.
Jms is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.