Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

I have a losi clutch in mine! `=<>=;

xe
Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxflo777
I have a losi clutch in mine! `=<>=;

xe
What mods did you have to do.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
What mods did you have to do.
Guys is durango going to do any critical changes to the next production of the 408?

How do you guys find the car?
What changes does it need?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
Guys is durango going to do any critical changes to the next production of the 408?

How do you guys find the car?
What changes does it need?
Im pretty much running it stock with a few spring and shock oil changes. I like the car it is very good to me. The only difficult thing was the throttle linkage but once its dialed its good. I am using mugen clutch springs the TD clutch springs are too stiff and the blue springs in the kit need to be tossed, IDK where they came from but they are all wrong.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Im pretty much running it stock with a few spring and shock oil changes. I like the car it is very good to me. The only difficult thing was the throttle linkage but once its dialed its good. I am using mugen clutch springs the TD clutch springs are too stiff and the blue springs in the kit need to be tossed, IDK where they came from but they are all wrong.
Which mugen springs are you running the .9mm ones? also what color springs are you running
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Frank I mixed up my kit blue springs with the option blue springs how do i tell them apart
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone have a good starting point as far as setup goes for Psycho Nitro Blast? Track will be blown out in many areas, and there will for sure be large jumps

I do wish TD was back on here again keeping us informed

I'd like to know when the tank is going to be update with the splash gaurd?
When and if there is a Aluminum linkage mount coming to the throttle?
When are TD fluids coming out?
Is there a new rear chassis brace coming?
When is the optional clutch springs and clutch bells coming?

I really like the car, it would just be easier to make some decisions that need to be made.

Thank You for anyones answers or comments, again....I am not complaining.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

[IMG]://[/IMG]
All mods in the clutch.

Although I cut the engine base 1.0 mm to make up for the diference in radius (eg: flywheel diameter).

1- trim the clutch bell skirt
so it can go deeper in the flywheel
2- trim (chamfer) the clutch bell inner bearing lip
so it does not touch the flywheel when it goes deeper in
3- cut the flywheel nut outer face 1mm
again, so it allows the bell to go further deep
4- trim the flywheel so the inner bearing does not touch it

#4 is the only one that its a pita. You can do all but that one and assemble so you can see where it touches and then trimm where its marked

#1 & #2 can be cut easly and perfectly by putting the bell to spin on a crank in its own bearings while cutting it

#3 its fairly simple.

it'll take you a couple hrs but youll have it afterwards
Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
Lol complaining about the Anodizing color now..... Common guys, Even the ever so popular Losi has a Faint difference in shock body's from 1 car to the next....Imo you better get over it as durango ain't gonna do Nothing for you....Its cosmetic.
Not interested in getting into an on-line debate with you on this. Based on the tone of your post you sound like your attempting to elicit some sort of argument from me. I think I'm totally within my rights as a consumer to question the finish of a product. I'm not complaining about this car. Like most others, I think it's a truly innovative car and, if you had read my post correctly, you would have noted that I said that this cosmetic issue would NOT have changed my decision to buy. I bought this car because it suited my style (yes I tested one before hand), I liked the innovation and the it looks fantastic to boot.

Are you a spokesman for Durango? How would know their response? Just another on-line keyboard jockey!

In conclusion, bite me!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Not interested in getting into an on-line debate with you on this. Based on the tone of your post you sound like your attempting to elicit some sort of argument from me. I think I'm totally within my rights as a consumer to question the finish of a product. I'm not complaining about this car. Like most others, I think it's a truly innovative car and, if you had read my post correctly, you would have noted that I said that this cosmetic issue would NOT have changed my decision to buy. I bought this car because it suited my style (yes I tested one before hand), I liked the innovation and the it looks fantastic to boot.

Are you a spokesman for Durango? How would know their response? Just another on-line keyboard jockey!

In conclusion, bite me!
lmfao

your such a
Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

out of all the threads for all the cars i am following this one has the most whinny and complaining people I have ever seen in my life. Get it together people. Just drive the thing and ask questions about setups or give useful info. Go do your bitching and bickering elsewhere. Maybe I should start a new thread for all you guys where you can do that. STAY ON TOPIC
Old 03-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Jms
Tech Rookie

Has anybody tried smart diffs in the td.
I wonder how it would work.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jms
Has anybody tried smart diffs in the td.
I wonder how it would work.
The overall length of the diff needs to be the same measurement. If its the same length or within 1mm it could fit.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Jms
Tech Rookie

Is any body having problems with the wheel hob bearings
I had one race day in Them and they sound crunchy.
I just order some boca bearing set.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.