Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:31 AM
  #3106  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FastPete
Anyone ever see the red lower shock cap come loose? LR on mine same one all the time.

Thanks
Try using a drop of blue lock rite on the threads I got that trick from a artical I read on Ryan Cav and I have been using it for years on all my cars
O'donnell racer is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 AM
  #3107  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,489
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Lol complaining about the Anodizing color now..... Common guys, Even the ever so popular Losi has a Faint difference in shock body's from 1 car to the next....Imo you better get over it as durango ain't gonna do Nothing for you....Its cosmetic.
Integra is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 AM
  #3108  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (270)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,882
Trader Rating: 270 (100%+)
Default

I can Honestly say the car responds to changes very well
Er8sr is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 AM
  #3109  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I'm with Integra on this one. Have you ever seen a bag of blue screws from Associated? If you buy a bag of six, you've probably got 3-4 "blues" in there. As long as it builds up fine, I'd run it.
AMorgan is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM
  #3110  
Tech Master
iTrader: (121)
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,679
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TIX
for those that arn't using the stock clutch combo what other options are there?

i want to get the works or ascendency 4 shoe clutch but they only come in a 34mm. the stock setup is 36mm. Does the 34mm system work without havin to dremil the chassis?

if you are using the works or ascendency clutch what clutch bells are you using?
M2C 36mm clutch now available!
fullsyzz is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM
  #3111  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Integra
Lol complaining about the Anodizing color now..... Common guys, Even the ever so popular Losi has a Faint difference in shock body's from 1 car to the next....Imo you better get over it as durango ain't gonna do Nothing for you....Its cosmetic.
Awe come on Nick you would not be happy if your Losi came with 2 different colors on the shock bodies. The point is moot I agree but those of us that purchased the DNX cars did not buy a bargain basement race car. This car is a work of art and deserves attention to detail. They should match and I am sure that TD will take care of this guy. You might not care if one fender on your civic is a little less white than the rest but I sure do on my Lexus.
Frank L is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 AM
  #3112  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
strngdze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 432
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
M2C 36mm clutch now available!

Money!!! Mine is on it's way. Thanks!
strngdze is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 09:38 AM
  #3113  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,261
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
M2C 36mm clutch now available!
sorry for the trivial question, but what's good about this clutch vs. stock durango clutch?
teeforb is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 AM
  #3114  
Tech Master
iTrader: (67)
 
cary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,914
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L
Awe come on Nick you would not be happy if your Losi came with 2 different colors on the shock bodies. The point is moot I agree but those of us that purchased the DNX cars did not buy a bargain basement race car. This car is a work of art and deserves attention to detail. They should match and I am sure that TD will take care of this guy. You might not care if one fender on your civic is a little less white than the rest but I sure do on my Lexus.

a civic
cary is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM
  #3115  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teeforb
sorry for the trivial question, but what's good about this clutch vs. stock durango clutch?
Some like 4 shoe. I always liked the Losi clutch but it pretty much does not fit in anything but a Losi without mods. The Durango clutch works well for me with Mugen springs and I dropped a set of kHz Mugen 6061 shoes in and it works even better.
Frank L is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM
  #3116  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (94)
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,261
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L
Some like 4 shoe. I always liked the Losi clutch but it pretty much does not fit in anything but a Losi without mods. The Durango clutch works well for me with Mugen springs and I dropped a set of kHz Mugen 6061 shoes in and it works even better.
whats wrong with durango spring and clutch shoes?
teeforb is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 12:10 PM
  #3117  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teeforb
whats wrong with durango spring and clutch shoes?
The dnx 1.0 springs were a little strong for my liking but the shoes are fine and at $12 for the set of shoes is a hell of a deal.
Frank L is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
  #3118  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Too stiff

The springs are like 1.1's... I put 1.0 mugen springs in it...

I'm having a tough time getting all the wires to fit inside the radio box....
merdith6 is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
  #3119  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,489
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank L
Awe come on Nick you would not be happy if your Losi came with 2 different colors on the shock bodies. The point is moot I agree but those of us that purchased the DNX cars did not buy a bargain basement race car. This car is a work of art and deserves attention to detail. They should match and I am sure that TD will take care of this guy. You might not care if one fender on your civic is a little less white than the rest but I sure do on my Lexus.


Funny guy, Bargain Basement......

If TD gives up new body's for this, Ill laugh my a** off.
Integra is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 02:40 PM
  #3120  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by merdith6
The springs are like 1.1's... I put 1.0 mugen springs in it...

I'm having a tough time getting all the wires to fit inside the radio box....
Ya DNX clutch springs are stiffer than the others.
Frank L is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.