Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I did not break a single part on the nitro or E DNX all week and I have an early car so I am sure it has the thin hinge pin holder. I had a buddy that broke the front hinge pin carrier. These cars are tough and Im almost convinced that they are approaching Losi tough. I had an issue with the pressure line coming off the tank and these damm new XZ speed carbs are not as good as the older WC II J type carbs, but man I had a blast. I dont have any video of my DNX, a little of the 6T and the slash 4x4 but IMO these cars are as tough as any other car out there.
I agree, the DNX is turning out to be a tough car. I've only broke 2 parts (front suspension carrier and rear suspension arm) both were completely driver error and would have broken any buggy.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Ya a joeythe dirt track will test any car and my cars survived. The Mugen 6t didn't even break when Joey used it as. Test car. No pipe on the track and he wheeled it hard. Butthe best thing about the durangos is the trackside support you receive from their drivers. I needed a cb and Lutz have me his last one without hesitation. TD really scored signing a guy like Lutz. Watching him wheel the dnx is awesome. I like these cars. Come on dnx truggy
Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Anyone ever see the red lower shock cap come loose? LR on mine same one all the time.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by FastPete
Anyone ever see the red lower shock cap come loose? LR on mine same one all the time.

Thanks
I have had one back off but I didn't pay attention to which one I want to say it was a rear and I didn't have the o ring installed correctly.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I have had one back off but I didn't pay attention to which one I want to say it was a rear and I didn't have the o ring installed correctly.
Think I will just replace them all and try it again. Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FastPete
Think I will just replace them all and try it again. Thanks
I had one come loose as well. I don't think you need to replace them. I just keep an eye on mine. You could always put a small drop of blue locktite on one side of the thread. That should keep it from backing off.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Rear camber links solve loose rear

So for those of you who are having issues with rear traction, are you adjusting the rear camber links down on the tower? If so, do you still have issues with rear traction?

I am really on the fence about purchasing this buggy due to all the complaints about set up and traction issues. Serpent buggy is really creeping into the picture for me but I want to stick to Durango.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hookem34
So for those of you who are having issues with rear traction, are you adjusting the rear camber links down on the tower? If so, do you still have issues with rear traction?

I am really on the fence about purchasing this buggy due to all the complaints about set up and traction issues. Serpent buggy is really creeping into the picture for me but I want to stick to Durango.
Addressing the rear traction issues on this car involves a combination of suspension tuning, camber links being number one. See both of these threads:

I cannot comment on the Serpent, but what I can tell you is that I've made a ton of progress with this car in a short time regarding rear traction & stability. If rear traction has you on the fence, don't let it. We are all slowly figuring this buggy out and rear traction issues are being ironed out each weekend.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Lord

I have no issues with rear traction. The only time I had any issues is when I ran heavy fluid in the front. I think intried 10k or 15k and it was definatly loose in the in the rear. Once I went 7-7-5 it was very planted.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by casevac
I just love the way he handles the car, now he just need a proper mill in it and he'll start winning big-time!
Well atleast none of the engines in your sig would do him any good

Don't know where you came up with this idea anyway ?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Surprised to see this in my kit. Contacted durango but have yet receive a reply....

Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mathsinstrument
Surprised to see this in my kit. Contacted durango but have yet receive a reply....

I also had this problem on my mugen
Old 03-08-2011, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

Got my screw kit from " Tonys screws"!
I want to thank team Durango for putting some extra screws in kit, I lost one off my steering rack last weekend, my fault, forgot to threadlock.there's one extra in kit, had there not been I wouldve been finished.

About different color shock bodies; once they're built with springs and installed, you can't hardly see a difference.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dark
I also had this problem on my mugen
Mate I have the same problem. Love the car and this would not have changed my decision to get it but for 700 bucks you'd expect the shock bodies to be the same color. Let us know what response you get from Durango.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 270 (100%+)

Originally Posted by strngdze
What type of surface are you racing on and what tire/insert combo are you running? Honestly, unless you’ve installed titanium turnbuckles and screws, I think a softer spring is going the wrong way. Green is a good starting point. You might try to increase your shock oil to 42.5 or 45. Also increase your sway bars to 2.4 front & rear. Your rear camber link is good in position 5, but move your front camber link to hole 4 on the shock tower. As a rule of thumb, you always want your static roll center lower in the front. Below is my current set-up sheet. I run on a track that is fairly loose when it dries up and this set up feels very planted.

Or download it HERE
Track is hard packed but gets dusty.. I can usually run Hole shots ,Wishbones

Like i said it is real close just want a little more grip. I will give some of your setup a try

Thanks!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.