Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He will be fast whatever he is driving. Maybe the prototype will be ready. If not he will wheel something else
Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by we go hard
LOL. HES A DURANGO DRIVER. HES UNDER CONTRACT. never will you see him with a mbx6. ur to funny. you dont sighn a 10 year deal and then drive a competetors vehicle at a covered race. that would be like enzo ferarri driving a lambo at le-mons
You see factroy drivers running difrent brands all the time if the company they drive for does not have a car for that class ( Billy Easton ran a rc8t at nats last year becouse the serpent truggy was not ready yet)
Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

wow i stand corrected then. but from a business perspectave if i had a sponsered driver that was representing my company i would be less than happy with them using a compeditors vehicle. and any contract that i had them sighn would def outlined. esp if they won with it! i meen ryan is a big name, theres the coby bryants of rc and then theres the tod graper's.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Ryan M won the MFG Cup with a Mugen by 1-2 laps. So it's done.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Have you been running that dingo at bumps & and wood jumps?
yesterday was the first time i even tried to start it. i had a few bugs that were bothering me. the thought of motorama and warm weather we have had got me all amped up. so instead of wasting time i figured i would take advantage of all my assets. one being CHAD. (who is an awesome guy) so i met up with him and he did in 30 min what i would have been scratchin my head over for 2 days. all i know is after he messed wih it it was OFFICAL. HOPEFULLY THE NEXT TIME HE FLYS OUT TO MERTLE BEACH I CAN GO WITH. i guess he went to practice for motorama last weekend. until then my cars not broken in at all for me at motorama so ill just be there as a spectator.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

wow i stand corrected then. but from a business perspectave if i had a sponsered driver that was representing my company i would be less than happy with them using a compeditors vehicle. and any contract that i had them sighn would def outlined. esp if they won with it! i meen ryan is a big name, theres the coby bryants of rc and then theres the tod graper's.
Or, it could be a way of knowing how the competition's product performs during race scenarios.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not long ago AE didnt have a truggy and they all ran STRR's and before th B44 was out they where using the BJ4.

On a dingo note cant wait to see how there truck comes out. I love the way Ryan can just swing it around the corner so smooth!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks all for the kind words and the truggy speculation.
Unfortunately I will not be running truggy at Motorama or the Nitro Challenge. I signed up for truggy for Motorama in the hopes of having the prototype by then but alas it wasn't meant to be yet. Durango told me originally I could run that Mugen Loaner truck that I had until there truck came out but I have decided against it. I don't have any spares or tuning options for it so I would rather just focus on my buggy for this weekend. I did just build up my DESC410R though the last 2 days! Boy is it sweet. It will be on display (no body, sent to painter) at Motorama so if your there come check it out! I will also have photos on my website of it by tomorrow.

We are hoping to have the prototype truggy in March so I am hoping to have it in time for the Psycho Nitro Blast.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Thanks all for the kind words and the truggy speculation.
Unfortunately I will not be running truggy at Motorama or the Nitro Challenge. I signed up for truggy for Motorama in the hopes of having the prototype by then but alas it wasn't meant to be yet. Durango told me originally I could run that Mugen Loaner truck that I had until there truck came out but I have decided against it. I don't have any spares or tuning options for it so I would rather just focus on my buggy for this weekend. I did just build up my DESC410R though the last 2 days! Boy is it sweet. It will be on display (no body, sent to painter) at Motorama so if your there come check it out! I will also have photos on my website of it by tomorrow.

We are hoping to have the prototype truggy in March so I am hoping to have it in time for the Psycho Nitro Blast.
Hey Ryan bring that DESC410 to the Nitro Challenge too please I would love to peep it out. I have been very impatiently waiting for it to be released.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

and thats why u are one of my favorite drivers! and why i use durango. and your responce time here and on lutzinator.com is impressive.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am having problems with my shock bladders
I build the shock just like Ryan showed, now all my bladders are torn, 2nd time round ,the same thing.
Nobody has stock
Any ideas please
Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mater
I am having problems with my shock bladders
I build the shock just like Ryan showed, now all my bladders are torn, 2nd time round ,the same thing.
Nobody has stock
Any ideas please
You are screwing the cap on too hard and cutting the bladder. I had that happen to mine the 1st time i built them. Just hand tight.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Hey Ryan bring that DESC410 to the Nitro Challenge too please I would love to peep it out. I have been very impatiently waiting for it to be released.
Ryan please bring the flash light car !! LOL !!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

chad phillips was cool enough to help me out today with the 408. after he tweaked a few things and a couple minor adjustments to my os speed the car was dialed. chad and serpent will be at motorama thursday to set up.
Would be interested to see what set up you finished up with. Could you put that up and where you saw the main handling changes.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Really thinking of getting one. Any known issues with the 408. And how does it handle?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.