Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey I just set up my thr/brake linkage as per the durango site. Question I have is do most of you guys use a thr return spring or rubber band.. My carb doesnt seem to want to close back up all the way.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whiskyshooter
Hey I just set up my thr/brake linkage as per the durango site. Question I have is do most of you guys use a thr return spring or rubber band.. My carb doesnt seem to want to close back up all the way.
use a spring from a pen. and this has been covered 30 times already. theres only 150 pages in this thread. 80% of it is valuable info.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used a return spring on mine, works great!
http://archive.pixbox.se/arkivet/syn...5/32102095.jpg
This also makes sure that if i for some reason lose the receiver battery power it pulls back the servo anyway
Old 02-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by whiskyshooter
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Return-Bands
Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

That's what I like to use
Old 02-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wanted to publicly thank Ryan Lutz for helping out with my set up yesterday at Delta RC. I have been struggling with little push and my breaks and he must have spent two hours of his time during the day to adjust and test the car.
Overall it resulted in 1 sec per lap improvement from what I was running in the morning.
I have couple gallons on my Durango now and the only thing that I have broken is the wing mount. Believe me I have taken some terrifying tumbles and 30mph straight arrow impacts into a face of a jump and when I opened my eyes in fear the car was still in one piece. Use the tip on Ryans website to reinforce the wing and there should be no problems.
Couple wishes for Team Durango to think about possibly improve: The center drive shafts wear pretty quickly. Not only the pin (which you could easily replace with couple dollars rebuilt kit) but the holes in the drive shaft wobble out at the same time. It would be great to have the drive shaft made from little stronger material or with multiple holes so you could rotate them around and get little more life out of the drive shaft like other manufactures have.
Iím not really sure if this affects anything, but the steering has some serious play in it, especially on the left wheel. One tip that Ryan told me about and I hope I understood it correctly since I donít want to spread bad gauge on the forum is to super glue the bushing part 270004 to the steering plate 340011. That should take some of the play out but it would be awesome if that part could be redesigned with a snug fitting bearing or something like that. That area is where most of the play seems to be coming from.
For those of you reading this thinking about purchasing a Durango I strongly recommend it. This car is no perfect but neither is any other car out there. Some of the fun in this hobby is to figure things out and improve them to your liking and driving style. I still struggle little with my Durango but every time it gets better and better and that is what counts. At the end of the day itís about your driving skills. I had Ryan drive my Durango and he was able to fly with it. The car looked great everywhere, even the steering worked for him. So what this tells me is that I need to practice and not blame things on the car. Besides the top 50 drivers in the world, none of us use the cars full potential no matter what brand you are running. When it comes to Durango, itís an engineering marvel in the RC world and that is what I like about it.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

I just JB welded the Bushings into the steering rack and it all tightened up. I have tried to find a flanged bearing that would fit, but no luck so far.

I am hoping TD is coming out with some of these changes soon.

Splash Gaurd, Linkage Mount, etc. Car is awesome either way, but can anyone with the Team or TD tell us some info on this?
Old 02-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by strngdze
It's good to see Team Durango making some running changes on their products. The front outer suspension holder (pn TD330069) that came with the kit was definitely to thin on the outside IMO. Below are pics of the front outer suspension holder that came with the kit, and the new holder with the same part number. You can definitely see they beefed it up a bit. Good job TD.
Si if we order that part number for Absolute, Amain etc will it be the new part?
Old 02-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

about the radio box, how do you put the receiver in the box?

I have a Ko 409 and i had to remove the plastic and use 2 layer of tape to have enough space in the box.

What about you?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Si if we order that part number for Absolute, Amain etc will it be the new part?
Amain for sure, since that is where I purchased mine. I cannot speak for Absulte Hobbyz, they may still be trying to move some initial inventory. Amain is probably your best bet, unless you can get a confirmation from Absolute Hobbyz that they are carrying the revised part.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by strngdze
Amain for sure, since that is where I purchased mine. I cannot speak for Absulte Hobbyz, they may still be trying to move some initial inventory. Amain is probably your best bet, unless you can get a confirmation from Absolute Hobbyz that they are carrying the revised part.
Thanks man.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If 3 laps down is good enough for 3rd, that just tells me than 1 and 2 were on a serious tear. Still happy to see top 3, regardless of how many laps down. It'll only get faster as they test more.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
about the radio box, how do you put the receiver in the box?

I have a Ko 409 and i had to remove the plastic and use 2 layer of tape to have enough space in the box.

What about you?
Any way you can squeeze it in there good luck. I have the same issue.

And Norbert. You crack me up. When are you guys goona learn it's not the ride it's the rider!! The Durango is a sweet car and so far it is the easiest car I have owned maintence wise.

Last edited by Frank L; 02-13-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So im hearing-reading this car like heavier diff oils. Im running 7 7 2 still on a indoor clay track.

What would I notice say going to 10 10 5 ? I being told to try it.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Jms
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by FastPete
So im hearing-reading this car like heavier diff oils. Im running 7 7 2 still on a indoor clay track.

What would I notice say going to 10 10 5 ? I being told to try it.
im running 5 5 3 so thats way to lite

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.