Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
Horizon has nothing to do with O'Donnell. That's a product of Great Planes/Hobbico.
Sorry I ment to put great planes/hobbico and as far as horizon goes with them dropping A&E so not to compete with there losi line I'm not sure if they would want to push Durango
Old 11-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Probably not. Horizon sure likes to push there own products for sure.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How large are these batches? Why does it take until March to get a third batch made? Granted, I'm just a consumer and I don't know the details of RC production but something just doesn't seem right - which is unfortunate because I was feeling quite certain that TD was going to be the best choice for 2011. A lot of times hype builds demand but hearing that an order placed today won't fill until March doesn't make me anxious it kind of makes me mad.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Electric Dave
A lot of times hype builds demand but hearing that an order placed today won't fill until March doesn't make me anxious it kind of makes me mad.
If you place an order today it will be filled as soon as the reseller gets his or her ordered stock. The reason it takes time for Durango to replenish there stock is simple. They aren't making the parts them self. When you have someone else to make stuff for you, you have to work with what they got. That means if they have other things running on 'your' lines, then your stuff will have to wait until that run is done.

B!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr B
If you place an order today it will be filled as soon as the reseller gets his or her ordered stock. The reason it takes time for Durango to replenish there stock is simple. They aren't making the parts them self. When you have someone else to make stuff for you, you have to work with what they got. That means if they have other things running on 'your' lines, then your stuff will have to wait until that run is done.

B!
I have to admit, The whole "March" thing does not make me feel any better and I think it will hurt Durango. Nobody wants a car that they cannot get parts for, that I why I got rid of the TKI2. If the kits are going to be March, then what happens when parts run out. March is a long time away. Most will be ready for their 2nd kit by then if they race all winter.

I hope TD comes on here and honestly answers these questions and lay out what is really going on. Yes it's great if the first batch goes quick, but there will be nobody there to buy the 2nd if parts and kits are hard to get.

Not knocking anyone here, just wanting some answers.

Still a TD fan.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
I have to admit, The whole "March" thing does not make me feel any better and I think it will hurt Durango. Nobody wants a car that they cannot get parts for, that I why I got rid of the TKI2. If the kits are going to be March, then what happens when parts run out. March is a long time away. Most will be ready for their 2nd kit by then if they race all winter.

I hope TD comes on here and honestly answers these questions and lay out what is really going on. Yes it's great if the first batch goes quick, but there will be nobody there to buy the 2nd if parts and kits are hard to get.

Not knocking anyone here, just wanting some answers.

Still a TD fan.
+1 to that. A great car without parts is stuck on the shelf and not on the track.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Not to add more fuel to the fire but I was very excited when the first pictures came out, I would have bought at least two kits right there & then but I hate the way they try to build the whole hype or a feel for demand.

After days and months and years of waiting it just got old. Same goes for all brands. I lost interest in TD so I bought something else.

My whole point is that although it's just a hobby the consumer should still know or have an accurate date to schedule there next season.

Just my 2 cents if I’m entitled
Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Team Durango are you a factory rep?

What bcquick said was correct. We had the main guy from HRP in our shop with a short course truck and the DNX408. His words were we have the cars we are just waiting for 100% parts stocking then the cars will be released. This was a week before the worlds. He also told me that no cars were going to Florida warehouse because it would be too much money to ship the cars from overseas to Utah then out to Florida. Later on they would have cars in the Florida warehouse but not for awhile. Now he may have been bsing us but who knows. I have been told different stories from HRP after that. Last Monday I spoke with my sales rep and he said the cars are in customs and they should be at the distributor Wednesday or Friday since Thursday was Thanksgiving. Friday came and no phone call from rep. I called and asked if they arrived spoke to a lady and she said customs did not release them and the are expecting them Monday or Tuesday. We had about 5 calls on the 29th and we told them what HRP said. Today I see the Durango post and I made another call to the rep curious if we are even getting the cars. His words were customs still has not released the cars they are hoping to get them Wednesday or Thursday. He also said that parts are in customs also but that will take some extra time to get them in the system and on the dealer site to order. I also asked if there were enough to go around because we have a few on order and his words were yes we shouldnt have any problems fulfilling our complete order and then some and that the overseas distributors and Durangos website store will be out of stock till March.

I will have to agree that it sounds like a sales ploy to push kits and boost sales. I just hate telling our customers who preordered the car all this drama thats associated with this kit.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Rookie

@ Team Durango jasonD

You got PM
Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

I've said it before, TD it's a very small company, it's not like kyosho or Associated etc. All those waiting problem are understandable... let's give them a chance to grow in this market made by only few big names. We all have wait this car for many months, so I'm not scared to wait a couple more days. Anyway I understand your frustration.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
I have to admit, The whole "March" thing does not make me feel any better and I think it will hurt Durango. Nobody wants a car that they cannot get parts for, that I why I got rid of the TKI2. If the kits are going to be March, then what happens when parts run out.
Honestly? No idea. It's a lot easier to free up one injection molding machine, then cleaning out a whole product line to make the whole car.
Either way, it's not going to be like Kyosho, if you want to be able to KNOW you can get any spare at any moment, buy them in advance. Either as a complete extra car, and a few extra spares, or just a lot of the spares you expect to break.I don't race, i just fool around, and yet i have half a car laying around in parts. And a backup car to pull parts from, or ride with, if needed. I'll do the same if / when i get the DNX408. I'm not an early adopter, to expensive for my wallet. Sadly.
B!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

DNX408 manual :
http://www.tresrey.com/durango/PDF/D...%20manual_.pdf
Old 12-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

All, I'm not "in the know" but I'm pretty confident what I'm about to say is accurate, as it's been in various earlier posts, but there still seems some confusion. So:

1) when they say sold out till March, I think they mean wholesale Durango side. Eg until March Durango won't have any kits sat in a warehouse waiting for distributors to call and ask for them

2) It doesn't mean the distributors have allocated all their stock to stores yet.

3) it absolutely doesn't mean stores have sold all their allocations yet.

I think maybe the marketing side of what TD are saying is just clouding the issue a little bit on the above. I would guess there's still plenty to go round at dist/store level!

Also, just because TD know where all the kits are going doesn't mean thy've all arrived yet, hence why amain are still waiting etc, doesn't mean they've missed out, the kits are just still in transit (sounds like customs).

Hopefully TD will clarify the parts supply, no more kits until March doesn't mean no more parts, but it may do!

Also, if would be interesting to hear exactly how big these first 2 batches were...that would tell everyone to what degree it's all hype!

Hope no one minds this random post!!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

December 1, 2010
DNX408 – Clarification

Filed under: News — Team Durango @ 1:53 pm

Yesterdays ’sold out’ announcement was not clear enough, we would like to clarify.

Only Team Durango has sold out of the DNX408.
The shops and distributors are NOT sold out.

Distributors and shops are now getting the DNX408 kits they ordered from the first batch.
We do not know how long this stock will last, please contact your local hobby shop or distributor.

The next (2nd) batch will arrive at distributors and shops around late December.
We do not know how long this stock will last, please contact your local hobby shop or distributor.

Spares supply for the DNX408 is not effected.

All important spares shipped with the kits and are out there, plus we have plenty in more stock to support the cars.
The none critical spares and most popular options are arriving now, again in big numbers to fully support the cars out there.

In short – we have loads of spares,
its only the kit supply that is effected.

Team Durango is a race company run by racers, we know how important spares supply is, so we made plenty of spares to support the cars.

Future supply
Right now the next batch of kits is due in March (because some items have long lead time), but individual spares can be topped up at much shorter notice, but as mentioned above we have lots in stock already.

Source: Team Durango Web Site
Old 12-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hehe, and people had their panties in a bunch over nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.