Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You're killing me, Ryan. I just finished building my shocks...
Old 02-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mazzinga
Another DNX408 tank splash guard proto!

http://www.buggies.it/portal/archives/2884
very nice! hope they come out soon...
Old 02-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Default Process for tuning your suspension

Here's a question for Ryan, Reno, and the more experienced racers:

What's the process you go through when tuning your suspension? When you take the car out onto the track with your base set-up, what is it you look for (how the car jiggles around? does it bottom-out when landing?)?

Then which do you change first? Springs? Ride height? damper oil? droop? camber?

Would greatly appreciate your advice.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pointforward
Here's a question for Ryan, Reno, and the more experienced racers:

What's the process you go through when tuning your suspension? When you take the car out onto the track with your base set-up, what is it you look for (how the car jiggles around? does it bottom-out when landing?)?

Then which do you change first? Springs? Ride height? damper oil? droop? camber?

Would greatly appreciate your advice.
Great question ponitfoward....
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
New Tips, Tricks, and Equipment has been updated on my website.
This includes how I finish building my shocks! :-)
www.lutzinator.com
Ryan that awesome!! Durango couldnt have picked a better driver your support is somethig to admire 2. The durango thread has so much good information.

I noticed other thread really push their brand or products period but when something else works better they frown on its suggestion. Example shock springs, clutch, couplers etc. The review from this months RC mag was very good they couoldnt have picked a better setup for the rig for sure.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I love this buggy. I cant wait to see the upgrades they come out with.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Ryan that awesome!! Durango couldnt have picked a better driver your support is somethig to admire 2. The durango thread has so much good information.

I noticed other thread really push their brand or products period but when something else works better they frown on its suggestion. Example shock springs, clutch, couplers etc. The review from this months RC mag was very good they couoldnt have picked a better setup for the rig for sure.
Originally Posted by packerbacker
I love this buggy. I cant wait to see the upgrades they come out with.

+1 I have been in and out of this hobby for 20+ yrs and this buggy and the support for it is something else !! I have three other Xray's that I am selling because I just got an 408 and am completely in love with it ( for a lack of a better word) !! I can't wait to get it on the track !!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Team Durango can you tell me when the brushless version of the dnx is due to be released?or does anyone have any info about it,dont know if i should get another dnx and get a conversion kit for it or wait until the DEX408 is released
Old 02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc ace
Hey Team Durango can you tell me when the brushless version of the dnx is due to be released?or does anyone have any info about it,dont know if i should get another dnx and get a conversion kit for it or wait until the DEX408 is released

Are you wanting to do a Single 4S setup or a Dual pack set-up ? If your dead set on the Dual pack, You might be better off waiting for the real DEX vs trying to part one together. If your going the Single pack route, then you could pick up another kit and convert it if your in a rush.

Where in Canada Are you located ? everyone except maybe Toronto's got Snow still on the ground with another month or so before thing's start to thaw.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We have snow in Toronto, too much snow...well we don't need to call the army in, yet...
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default Dynamite Starter box

I am having a hell of a time with the Dynamite Ready Start DM. I tried getting it all lined up with the engine out, went out and tried starting it, the damn switch fried on the box. Went out today, rewired the whole box, puts deans on the lipo, got a 40 amp switch and got the engine to fire, died a few times and the wheel ground down too far on the box, tried starting a few more times, then the lipo crapped out on me.

So, the box is garbage, the lipo is wrecked, and the engine ran for 15 sec. I didn't want to grind the chassis, so now I need a box that works. Yes, it is a brand new engine. I have the comp heater and I had a heat gun, temps were over 200 when I was trying to fire it.

Should I just get the Ofna truggy box? Is that the best option? Or maybe I just screw it and get a electric conversion.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Ofna truggy box will work.
I get aggravated every once in awhile and want to go electric but you gotta love nitro!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Jms
Tech Rookie

Does anybody know how the durango clutch works or witch is the best clutch for the durango
Old 02-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Jms
Tech Rookie

Talking

Has anyone raced the durango dnx408. I just built one and I can't wait to race it.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jland
I am having a hell of a time with the Dynamite Ready Start DM. I tried getting it all lined up with the engine out, went out and tried starting it, the damn switch fried on the box. Went out today, rewired the whole box, puts deans on the lipo, got a 40 amp switch and got the engine to fire, died a few times and the wheel ground down too far on the box, tried starting a few more times, then the lipo crapped out on me.

So, the box is garbage, the lipo is wrecked, and the engine ran for 15 sec. I didn't want to grind the chassis, so now I need a box that works. Yes, it is a brand new engine. I have the comp heater and I had a heat gun, temps were over 200 when I was trying to fire it.

Should I just get the Ofna truggy box? Is that the best option? Or maybe I just screw it and get a electric conversion.
Best option is to do both. The ofna truggy box works perfectly and the e conversion dnx408 is a dream to drive.

Originally Posted by Jms
Does anybody know how the durango clutch works or witch is the best clutch for the durango
Depends on the engine like usual. I have had success with running .9,.9,1.0 (the .9 springs are Mugen springs) With the stock shoes, flywheel and cb.

Originally Posted by Jms
Has anyone raced the durango dnx408. I just built one and I can't wait to race it.
I have 3 successful race days on my dnx and 1 on the e conversion. great car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.