Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ohh crap, next batch will be in march.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
ohh crap, next batch will be in march.
they'll be out there for a while yet, we have sold out but hobby stores and distributors will still have cars free for a while, but who knows how long.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ac440
@ Team Durango jasonD

...how will the availability of spare parts in my LHS in Sweden be?
We don't have a shop or distributor in Sweden yet, can you recommend one?

If not then you can buy direct from www.team-durango.com in UK once the stock is in all the shops we'll make it available at our webshop. Delivery to Sweden should be two days max. But we would prefer a good shop in Sweden.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
they'll be out there for a while yet, we have sold out but hobby stores and distributors will still have cars free for a while, but who knows how long.

ill take one of those free ones
Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

they said the same thing just about everytime a new highly desireable kit has come out in the last five years. lol It's a selling gimmick. "You better get one when it becomes available or be left out for months" I haven't seen it happen yet. I mean yeah some go on back order from time to time but just a couple of weeks. Once they are tooled with moldings and what not they can make these kits in little to no time. It's the designing, changing things, and the marketing that takes forever to get just right. JMO
Old 11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I would like to know where the first batch went ?
Since HRP is the U.S. distributor, no shop in this country should have them.
With this being said, what shops got them ? You will quickly notice that Amain is only showing pre-order so they didn't even get them.
Either I smell a big rat or the first batch never made it to the states.

I know demand has nothing to do with distribution but Great Planes or Horizon would have been a better leader in this country for Durango.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
I know demand has nothing to do with distribution but Great Planes or Horizon would have been a better leader in this country for Durango.
+1
Old 11-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jonathan Bell
they said the same thing just about everytime a new highly desireable kit has come out in the last five years. lol It's a selling gimmick. "You better get one when it becomes available or be left out for months" I haven't seen it happen yet. I mean yeah some go on back order from time to time but just a couple of weeks. Once they are tooled with moldings and what not they can make these kits in little to no time. It's the designing, changing things, and the marketing that takes forever to get just right. JMO
It's an interesting point of view, it remainds me the Apple strategy...but you forget that (unlike Apple) Durango is a very little company, so a couple of months seems to be a fair amount of time to wait until they produce some other kits. also in march I think(I hope) we will see the new DEX408, maybe they want to wait to produce both car together since the two kits share a lot of parts...
Old 11-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Well guys if you still need a 408

We will have some shortly that are not spoken for. PM me if interested and yes we ship worldwide.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you read the statement on TD's website, the first batch hasn't even hit the states yet, what we are waiting on now. Then sometime in mid-December dealers will get another batch.

I seriously doubt all the Durango dealers in the states now have even sold out of the first batch yet. And there will be another batch in Dec. So I'm sure that everyone will get their cars. It's a game as mentioned already. And I'm sure the second batch will be much larger than the first.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I haven't seen this much excitement since the release of the iPhone. OK, hands up - who is camping out at their local hobby store? I will be looking for the helicopter video footage on the news.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
I would like to know where the first batch went ?
Since HRP is the U.S. distributor, no shop in this country should have them.
With this being said, what shops got them ? You will quickly notice that Amain is only showing pre-order so they didn't even get them.
Either I smell a big rat or the first batch never made it to the states.

horizon.
Give me a break great planes/Horizon Steve O has had the zo1be and the zo1tsg ready for over a year now and horizon is sitting on there buts no relesing them
Old 11-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

I pre-ordered mine from A main hobbies dose anyone know when they will be getting them??
Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
We don't have a shop or distributor in Sweden yet, can you recommend one?
Umeň RC claims to have the buggy in stock. Might want to talk with them about that if there are no shops in Sweden selling your rides.
Also, my personal favorite is RC Maffian, but i already spoke to them, and they couldn't figure out where the email had gone, but someone already asked them if they were interested in selling the buggy. They pushed it in-front of them self not deciding until they knew more, kinda, and when i checked with them, the email seamed to have gone missing. It's been a few days of which a few were weekend, so far i haven't heard back.
But bottom line seams to be the buggy is hard to get your hands on here in Sweden, and on top of that, spares wont be easy either.
B!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by O'donnell racer
horizon.
Give me a break great planes/Horizon Steve O has had the zo1be and the zo1tsg ready for over a year now and horizon is sitting on there buts no relesing them
Horizon has nothing to do with O'Donnell. That's a product of Great Planes/Hobbico.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.