Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Who have problem to instal KO RECEIVERS (409) in the Box radio?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

OFF TOPIC BUT BUGGYYS.IT if you specificlly look under dnx408 tag around the 5th page or so i came across the entire hour of the worlds10 race in HD in 2 30 min vids, good quakity and virus frree!!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am not too concerned about the fact we haven't seen many hop ups yet. Really it has been just over a month since the car was even made available. I'm hoping by mid to late season we'll have aluminum hubs, etc. I also have an 8ight-E and there are standard parts on the Durango that were 50+ dollar hop ups on my Losi. Truggy is a little dead out here as well... I'm more interested in the DEX408. Either way, I look forward to any potential new product announcements at the toy fair this week.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrofuel
Who have problem to instal KO RECEIVERS (409) in the Box radio?
It's a tricky install. I know Lutz uses ko I wonder how he installed his?? I ended up cutting a hole and running the antenna wire out andnthen right back in the box covered by some heat tape. That's what I came up with.

I can day that the new futabe receivers fit perfectly.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by we go hard
OFF TOPIC BUT BUGGYYS.IT if you specificlly look under dnx408 tag around the 5th page or so i came across the entire hour of the worlds10 race in HD in 2 30 min vids, good quakity and virus frree!!
Those would be the Neo buggy silent versions. Were all waiting on the Liverc version with commentary and all the good stuff like interviews and misc.

Originally Posted by Frank L
It's a tricky install. I know Lutz uses ko I wonder how he installed his?? I ended up cutting a hole and running the antenna wire out andnthen right back in the box covered by some heat tape. That's what I came up with.

Good to know buddy.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

From TD website:

Jörn Neumann has signed to race the DNX408 8th scale buggy to accompany the electric DEX410 and DEX210 prototype he’s already had great success with. Jorn is a multiple national champion in Germany, European champion and took 9th in the 2010 IFMAR 8th buggy worlds.

I am very happy to join Team Durango also in 8th scale. After testing the DNX408 at Revelation Raceway, I was really impressed how the DNX408 handles. I’m really looking forward to many great years with Team Durango.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frank L

Frank i send Email to Ryan...attend news!but for me is a problem...
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrofuel
Frank i send Email to Ryan...attend news!but for me is a problem...
Ya mine is in there but it's not what I would call pretty. As long as you keep the lid on you would never know.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im with AMorgan. Why hasnt there been anyone make any hop ups for the parts that people are saying they are having problems with??? Seems that this buggy isnt getting enough attention. Looks like a good buggy and all but no one is giving it any props.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AMorgan
I am not too concerned about the fact we haven't seen many hop ups yet. Really it has been just over a month since the car was even made available. I'm hoping by mid to late season we'll have aluminum hubs, etc. I also have an 8ight-E and there are standard parts on the Durango that were 50+ dollar hop ups on my Losi. Truggy is a little dead out here as well... I'm more interested in the DEX408. Either way, I look forward to any potential new product announcements at the toy fair this week.
a month? its been out since november.on my count thats almost 4 and what happens is that companys wait to see if somethings going to catch before they go nuts such as kingheadz never milling any hyper9 parts and only 2 pros using them,it is apparent that the durango is here to stay so roll out them hop ups. 2ndly i have zero intrest with anything electric. and where im at w love truggys just as much as buggys. and honestly a major factor of me going durango was the promise of a truggy, opposed to for example jq who has stated that there will not be a truggy. lutz is a truggy ninja assasian,and i hope that he is giveing his 2 cents and that may be the delay. i hope that most of it was figured out before gerd's boy left the company. i feel like they already have a dream team of racers, and that they have spent alot of time assembling that team opposed to pushing twards releaseing new stuff. but im happy with my buggy and am greatful for it AND IF U NEED ELECTRIC THEN HIT UP SIRIO AS THEY ALREADY HAVE THE CONVERSION AND THERES A VID OF IT ON YOUTUBE, and i truly hope i see a truggy befor an electric buggy

Last edited by we go hard; 02-01-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

I know Sirio has an electric conversion; I am waiting for the Durango version (I like the layout better). Like I said though, I have an 8ight-E for my electric fun for now. I'd love to see more cars from Durango in the near future... I'm just excited to see what comes out of the toy fair in the next few days.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AMorgan
I know Sirio has an electric conversion; I am waiting for the Durango version (I like the layout better). Like I said though, I have an 8ight-E for my electric fun for now. I'd love to see more cars from Durango in the near future... I'm just excited to see what comes out of the toy fair in the next few days.
did u see the hyper star? thats the only thing ive seen, do u think that durango will have something new there?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
Those would be the Neo buggy silent versions. Were all waiting on the Liverc version with commentary and all the good stuff like interviews and misc.

Good to know buddy.
im excited to get it as well but you cant honestly tell me that how live rc did that 08 worlds was good, i have to watch it with the sound off because my ears started to bleed, and no HD. ruff. hopefully they recorded in hd at least for this one the second interview disk had no content at all. the dude asked only 1 question. how many times can you talk about a wet track, and 5 second clips of the races leading to the main,i wanted to see that racing. basicly they got me for 30 bucks to watch the hour main with very annoying comentary,in no hd. this is just my opinion and def not ment to start any flame ups,but it wasnt what i was hopeing for.

Last edited by we go hard; 02-01-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

I haven't seen anything yet (saw the Hyper Star teasers though). But the doors don't really open for another two days. I can't say if Durango will have anything there or not, but I always love a massive influx of new products regardless of brand. Just more things for me to play with. I hope Durango has some new stuff there; they've been very tight lipped on new stuff for a while now. It'd be a good time to debut some new things.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They have been to tight lipped for me lol lol lol I want to see it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.