Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I guess I know what your next car is.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Can't wait to get mine. I need the DEX408 for next season though, too bad the DNX looks quite hard to be converted the way i want.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Hmm... looks like TD sold out the first batch of DNX408 already:

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dnx408/

So those who already have their kits on their hands or confirmed seems the be the lucky ones
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
am
Tech Master

IF you only gets 20 kits...... :-)

Maybe they were so in a hurry to get it out befor JQ that the initlial batch was very small.

Looking good tough.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

In Italy I thinks we have the cars on custom we will have it end of this week
Old 11-30-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mazzinga
There are still a few hours to the end of the day...

Jason what happened?
"in the shops on the 29th" was an estimate based on expected shipping times to the various parts of the world, customs clearance, if the distributors pay promptly, ho fast they turn them around in their warehouse etc etc etc etc

strange things happen with shipping sometimes - for example HRP's Florida warehouse got them before their west coast warehouse.

There is only a few days difference in when they arrived in the shops worldwide, not bad really.

Thanks for all the excitment about the 408, we are proud of it.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what Hrp said all cars were coming out of Utah.
and neither show them in stock right now !

you guys need to tighten up on what you say to the public !!

maybe get the storys straight.

HRP has told so many people so many different things its hard to keep track.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
"in the shops on the 29th" was an estimate based on expected shipping times to the various parts of the world, customs clearance, if the distributors pay promptly, ho fast they turn them around in their warehouse etc etc etc etc

strange things happen with shipping sometimes - for example HRP's Florida warehouse got them before their west coast warehouse.

There is only a few days difference in when they arrived in the shops worldwide, not bad really.

Hi Jason, when the 408 page will be updated with all documentation and parts?

Ps.: I sent you a pm to ask you a part code can you please help thans a lot
Old 11-30-2010, 05:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bcquick
what Hrp said all cars were coming out of Utah.
and neither show them in stock right now !

you guys need to tighten up on what you say to the public !!

maybe get the storys straight.

HRP has told so many people so many different things its hard to keep track.
Apparently you have never ordered anything from overseas. I have had items held up in customs for weeks. Be patient or move on. No need to air your dirty laundry on this forum. 408 is my next kit I will purchase. I have been waiting patiently, and can wait a few more days or even weeks. Plus US had a holiday during this process(Thanksgiving) which im sure delayed shipping by atleast a day or 2.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by am
IF you only gets 20 kits...... :-)

Initial batch was very small.

Looking good tough.
We got forecasts in advance off all the distributors world wide, based on what they expected their market needed from seeing our pre-release photos. In most cases the distributors estimate high to make sure they get what they need.

Durango ordered based on that total, plus some for stock for the first batch - with the pace the car showed at the WC they are SOLD OUT.

We gambled on ordering a second batch of the same size, before going to the WC, not knowing how fast they would sell, that batch is SOLD OUT as well.

Bottom line is the Durango DNX408 is sold out till around March, so if you want a DNX408 you'll have to get one of the ones that's out there or soon to be out there with the shops and distributors.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm glad I had my two paid for back in aug
Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, according to HRP the Utah warehouse was the only one getting the 408. This is what they told me. Their Florida warehouse was not going to see any of them. SO what's the deal? Cause you are tellig us that HRP is getting them in their Florida warehouse and they are telling us no. According to HRP yesterday they still did not have the kits. So the time it takes HRP to get them and then ship them out to dealers, I mean could at least be another week.

At this point IMHO, it would almost be quicker for people in the states to order over-seas. I bet that if you just paid for regular shipping from over-seas it would be here the same time or before if you waited to get one in the states and had it over-nighted.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

We got forecasts in advance off all the distributors world wide, based on what they expected their market needed from seeing our pre-release photos. In most cases the distributors estimate high to make sure they get what they need.

Durango ordered based on that total, plus some for stock for the first batch - with the pace the car showed at the WC they are SOLD OUT.

We gambled on ordering a second batch of the same size, before going to the WC, not knowing how fast they would sell, that batch is SOLD OUT as well.

Bottom line is the Durango DNX408 is sold out till around March, so if you want a DNX408 you'll have to get one of the ones that's out there or soon to be out there with the shops and distributors.
Well if I dont get mine until spring that will suck. But, on the other hand I can see how the buggy is actually doing in races and may or may not decide to buy one at that point. Anyway, my LHS is getting 1 from HRP. I have said I wanted it, so maybe it will actually make it to me before spring. Either way, Im not gonna be raging on this forum cuz I didnt get my RC Car.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

We've shipped only a small number of kits to HRP in Florida, the rest is spares. The biggest part of what's coming into USA is going to UTAH, so I can completely understand why HRP is saying UTAH.

As for buying in Europe - only a handful of cars (perhaps 5) have made it to shops and that's only because everything clicked into place on that occasion. Most of Europe is on the same situation as USA - meaning "kits still in transit".

I know everyone is keen to get their hands on DNX408 but patience PLEASE, its only a few days more and it makes no sense to trying buying from another continent as it won't be faster and will certainly be more expensive.

Keep smilin
Old 11-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

I live in Italy, ordered mine a week ago
Are the kit coming from Uk or from Taiwan?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.