Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kd2777
I've got an 8ight with a Picco on it and you can come get some of it anytime you want.
^ lol. huhh its so cold here. its friggin 15 out.by the time i get to race again ill have forgotten how. this is a reason i give extra ups to east coast people that rip, i wish i lived somewhere that i could go race every weekend. 3 ft snow tonight.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

....subscribe....
Old 01-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mccutch12001
It is in fact bad sportsmanship when a fellow racer walks by after the main and Reno and his crew look at the racer while saying something in French and then begin laughing. Perhaps it should have been said in English?
Sounds like you are a bit sensitive. Did your race go badly?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Personality could be different too.For example Ryan Mayfield is not that always smiling person.But it's doesn't mean he is stuck up ...If Reno acted not friendly he could of had a bad day ...If he wasn't friendly i am sure he gonna realize he need to change.He can't afford not to be nice !And why r u guys bashing him for BQ ing ?Is it something shame or what ?He bumped up to A and finished 6.Is it that bad?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe we should come back to the topic

My first test was with a 15/10/5 diff setup and 450/400 in the shocks (5C temperature). It was more to break in everything in the car, especially the diffs.
The car was very easy.
Track was quite flat (synthetic), and a bit rutted in some limited areas.
I would have liked a bit more steering at low speed, so i hope i'll have a smaller front anti-roll bar for next time.
Same for the rear shock, as FranckL noted : i'll have to test with a softer spring.
But overall i'm happy with this first test Feeling is good
Old 01-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

I'm really disappointed to read those lines...I really do my best to be as nice as possible on the track and in the pit. It's not easy to come from another country, and get used to everything on a same week end. It was my first race in USA, so maybe some guys need more understanding.
Nobody came to see me during the week end saying that I wasn't sport, and now I read those lines, this is not sportmanship! I had problems with some drivers on the track and I went to see them straight after to say sorry or to have a chat to make our relation better! I'm always here to help, and it's a pleasure to race with you guys. If you don't say anything at the track, I'm not a medium, I can't know.

If you don't believe in sportmanship, you better watch a video on youtube called sportmanship...

See you on the track
Reno Savoya
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Reno,

I've seen that video and I have watched it over and over and showed it to my friends as well. You just don't see too much of that anymore and it is sad.

PS: When can we expect to see you in Houston or San Antonio? I go back and forth between the two.

Edit: Found the video for you guys.

http://www.vimeo.com/8411223
Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I was actually watching that video about a week ago, that was the most amazing racing/respect I have ever seen at the track.. I think its just one bad egg saying anything negative.. I wouldn't worry about it.. As long as you continue to do what you know is right you'll never be wrong.

Great race btw,
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks

You need to come around Dallas Nik!
I'm always practicing at Mikes or Indy! Let's get in your car and come, I will be at Indy practicing this afternoon!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarky
Thanks

I'm always practicing at Mikes or Indy! Let's get in your car and come, I will be at Indy practicing this afternoon!
I will definitely be there for the Pro Series, and hopefully I can make a trip up there before that. We are racing tonight so no road trip for me! Lol. Also, you've got PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Reno, I wouldn't take anything too serious on here when it comes to other peoples attitude. The only thing I take serious is setup tips and knowledge. All the rest is just someones opinion and you know what they say about opinions. There seems to be a trend forming where people are too damm sensitive and things get lost in translation and mis interrupted the next thing you know it's blown so far out or proportion that it has a mind of it's own. People will think what they want and just because you or your pit guys said something in French big deal. You do speak French so it's not a stretch to hear you and your guys speaking French. Sensitive is what I see It as. Do what you do best and drive. Just my opinion. BTW nice seeing you on here.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Reno,

I wouldn't even sweat it. On a side note, are you gonna make the RC Pro Series Race on March 5th in Houston? Should be a very big showing as it filled up in 2 Days
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey Reno... you might wanna change your signature...
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Sarky
Thanks

And what about Nitro Challenge in feb ?
I m hope i m not the only french(swiss) guy going in AZ hehe

And quick question, did you replace the balls in the upper shock caps by fuel line like Lutz or you run the stock one ?

Thx
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by we go hard
^ lol. huhh its so cold here. its friggin 15 out.by the time i get to race again ill have forgotten how. this is a reason i give extra ups to east coast people that rip, i wish i lived somewhere that i could go race every weekend. 3 ft snow tonight.
Yeah this snow totaly SUCKS....If you build a nice indoor track ill help lol...then we would have a place to race

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.