Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kickit
Tuning from a The-Car driver for his Durango club friends

Ive milled this two parts today, it should improve the flex of the plastic one.
Sorry already been done. I have been selling those for a few weeks now.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by we go hard
i switched out the jammin pipe for the proper os 2060. idk i havent run it but the quality of the jammin pipe is alot nicer than this way more expensive one. ive noticed in the build pics that have been posted all around how everyone uses high end stuff with these bugs, as opposed to like a 8 with a picco in it with some traxxas servos, has anyone elese noticed that it seems like these buggys fall into the hands of people that have a clue. lol. just my observation. and i made my trusty body clip pulls! and switched the stock spring for that from a bic! good trick.
I like high end components and this car deserves it. Traxxas servos would be a shame in this high end buggy. Not that there's anything wrong with traxxas servos. Btw your buggy is looking good. Don't worry about what the 2060 pipe looks like. After a day at the track it will look 100 yrs old. But it will open that speed up and it will put a big smile on your face.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ehames005
Sorry already been done. I have been selling those for a few weeks now.
Sorry, you missunderstand me, this parts are only for my friends, i dont wanna sell them.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by we go hard
im having trouble seeing an advantage of what you did there, i can get my battery in an out very quickly with no mod to the box at all.is it worth doin all that over 4 screws? i use a 25$ life that needs no reg and i def prefer to have a switch.
It's not the number of screws. You may have a very small receiver, but i found quite difficult (and risky for all cables) to put back the superior part of the box on the receiver each time i need to replace the RX pack !
With this mod the RX stay in place. It's more like other cars which offer 2 separate boxe: one for the RX and one for the pack. To each his own
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by charlymbx5
It's not the number of screws. You may have a very small receiver, but i found quite difficult (and risky for all cables) to put back the superior part of the box on the receiver each time i need to replace the RX pack !
With this mod the RX stay in place. It's more like other cars which offer 2 separate boxe: one for the RX and one for the pack. To each his own
ahh i see cool. yea i have a small reciever. and i use velcro so when i open the box it tends to stay put. i also take the time to re-pin/SHORTEN CUSTOM to size my wireing. so there is no excessive wire slop in the box,ie the throttle/brake servo has lots of extra due to it being close to its destination. and micro zip the wires. im a honda wire harness guru!///////////////////////////////////////////// anywho FRANK (thanks for the compliment) i read in the 60's pages about FRONT losi diffs working in the 408. i have those nice blue fioroni aluminum diff housing. have you verified by chance if the losi diffs work. i have no intrest in the losi internals i want to take the fioroni aluminum cup and stuff 408 parts into it and use that. i esp would like the center . do you have any idea if this would work? thanks brother,travis ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// lastly i had emailed lunsford 5 days ago about a specific TI turnbuckel/pin kit for the dnx and they just emailed me back and they informed me that it has been in the works and hopefully we will see this package from them very soon! awesome/////////tomarrow night NJ expected 3 ft. snow huhhhhhhhhhh
Old 01-25-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm in the middle of building the 408 I got a question . what gap space did you guys leave for the brake pads and what shock oil wt are you putting in (i'm on that page) any info helps. thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I run 3.5mm gap between the brake pads. May have to use shims/washers to get the gap. For Shocks I've been using; Front(1.3 piston 45wt), Rear (1.3 Piston 35wt). This feels good to me. Feel free to play around with the wt and piston.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tropy
I'm in the middle of building the 408 I got a question . what gap space did you guys leave for the brake pads and what shock oil wt are you putting in (i'm on that page) any info helps. thanks
I didn't measure the gap bunt used 1mm shim outside of the outer pad and that seems to work for me. Innthe shocks 1.3 f/r and 32.5f 27.5r but it is 35f around here so it's cold.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Signal151
For those using the Dynamite DM Universal box...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...al-Starter-Box

What modifications did you have to make to get it to work with your 408? I spent a few frustrating hours this afternoon trying to get this box setup to work but in the end could not. The starter wheel on mine isn't perfectly flat and "wobbles" slightly when spinning. The net effect is that it rubs so much on the sides of the flywheel slot in the chassis that it cannot turn the engine over.
Whatever the starter box, take a Dremel to widen the window on the chassis under the flywheel.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by pointforward; 01-26-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pointforward
Whatever the starter box, take a Dremel to widen the window on the chassis under the flywheel.
I am using an OFNA box, if you pull your engine out and setup the box alignment, you should not need to grind on the chassis. But I guess having a wider slot does help when you are rushing to re-start.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

yea i had watched a youtube video with that guy and another dude in it talking about the dnx and its features ect. and the guy had no enthusiasim at all. it was like his grandma just died, and it was just so dry. you could just tell he had a bad attitude. def not someone that i would want drumming up support for my company. i would compare it to talking to sheet rock. its not that tuff to be energetic and positive. ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHEN THE DVD FROM THE WORLDS WILL BE OUT? hopefully its better than the last one.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

TEAM DURANGO// WHEN WILL THE TRUGGY BE OUT? or can you give us any info about anything thats been going on with it, you guys made the anouncment and then never said anything elese about it again. i want all the computer generated diagrams like you did with the buggy. and an estimate when we might start seeing option parts>something other than a generic answer would be great. thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by mccutch12001
Lutz is a great guy and an amazing driver. I've never seen a guy drive a broken car like that, it was spectacular to see. That "other" Durango guy may be a good driver but is also a real prick and a dirty driver. Funniest thing ever to see him as the BQ

Lutz was pretty cool to watch on the track. And seeing him finish the race broken. I saw him coming in the pits, thinking hes finally pulling off, nope he fueled up and kept on going. lol

Last edited by Quad Racer 34; 02-05-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's interesting, since that's not the image he has, in France at least. But it's true that every time a foreigner comes over here he's under the focus
Didn't he stay #1 during amost the whole B main ? Thus i guess he had to lap some driver a few times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.