Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Hey Frank......hows ur dango holding up? finishing races?...kicking a$$ or getting yours kicked? nothing but snow here and more comming lol.
The only problem I have encountered is a broken rear camber link. When you use the inside hole on the tower it binds and needs a shim. I also had the throttle linkage lose a screw and become lose. I think if you stay with the plastic brace I would use a longer screw and put a nut on the other end. Other than that I'm doing well with the dnx. The 1st race i finished without issues and the second i had those 2. What kills me is the animosity that must come in the JQ box over the dnx. There are 2 guys at my local track that showed up with jq's and all of a sudden their mission was just to beat the dnx cars. Maybe it was the exploding spur gear comment that I started off with in the morning that got them going. Idk I don't get it. I guess under the direction of JQ that's just what happens. Idk. The dnx is a solid car and holds up very well. I liked it so much I bought a second one to convert to E. I can't wait for the purpose built e car to come out so I'll convert one.

After you get your setup dialed in the car feels much easier to drive than my Losi was. Thats the only other buggy I have driven so that's all I have to compare to.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by rfy
Raced my buggy for the first time yesterday and broke 2 bnew Life packs..both lost power and upon inspection were excessively puffed up. I switch the Nimh and things were better up to about 30 mins into the main when I noticed a very erratic throttle response. After things cooled down both Nimh and throttle servo seemed OK. Anyone have any ideas as to why my throttle response became erratic?? Could the servo have overheated?
Raffy? I used Protect life packs yesterday also. I didnt have any Issue. My Issue was the connector. I replaced it before the main cause the old one cracked. I did not do anything to secure it properly thinking it will be okey since its new. My Power was cutoff 4 times during the main.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Lord

I have been using protek lipo 2300 packs without issue. I don't put anything else in the battery box but I'm thinking that I should use some foam or something to give it some cushion. I wonder what's going on with the life packs. I'm running a ko radio and ko rsx servos. I have a buddy that ran the same protek with hitec 7955 servos and he didn't have any issues either.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rfy
Raced my buggy for the first time yesterday and broke 2 bnew Life packs..both lost power and upon inspection were excessively puffed up. I switch the Nimh and things were better up to about 30 mins into the main when I noticed a very erratic throttle response. After things cooled down both Nimh and throttle servo seemed OK. Anyone have any ideas as to why my throttle response became erratic?? Could the servo have overheated?
Manong Raffy, did you put any damping material between the servo and radio tray and between radio tray and chassis? Vibration to the servo might be the issue.

I ran for one and a half hours on a life pack and had no problems (Protek).
Old 01-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

whats the tooth count on the stock clutch bell?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Old 01-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

thanks man
Old 01-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I have been using protek lipo 2300 packs without issue. I don't put anything else in the battery box but I'm thinking that I should use some foam or something to give it some cushion. I wonder what's going on with the life packs. I'm running a ko radio and ko rsx servos. I have a buddy that ran the same protek with hitec 7955 servos and he didn't have any issues either.
I use the same pack, but I wrapped it in bubble wrap.
It don't move at all in the box.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by McFly505
That should work.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by McFly505
Other one to try is velcro (the fluffy side). Makes getting the battery in and out easier.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

hay Rayn and Reno but there Durangos in the top 10 at CRCRC
good job you guys
Old 01-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That should work.
Is there really any room to fit foam around these? I have an Orion LiFe and it just fits. Ran is for 2-3 hours so far with no issues.

I did find if I double face taped the reciever to the removabe top cover and let all the wires sit in the areas below it makes in much easier to change / charge the pack.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

The only problem I have encountered is a broken rear camber link. When you use the inside hole on the tower it binds and needs a shim. I also had the throttle linkage lose a screw and become lose. I think if you stay with the plastic brace I would use a longer screw and put a nut on the other end. Other than that I'm doing well with the dnx. The 1st race i finished without issues and the second i had those 2. What kills me is the animosity that must come in the JQ box over the dnx. There are 2 guys at my local track that showed up with jq's and all of a sudden their mission was just to beat the dnx cars. Maybe it was the exploding spur gear comment that I started off with in the morning that got them going. Idk I don't get it. I guess under the direction of JQ that's just what happens. Idk. The dnx is a solid car and holds up very well. I liked it so much I bought a second one to convert to E. I can't wait for the purpose built e car to come out so I'll convert one.

After you get your setup dialed in the car feels much easier to drive than my Losi was. Thats the only other buggy I have driven so that's all I have to compare to.
Thanks much Frank.....JQ just loves you so much maybe thats why his dogs want to bite at your ankles and it does seem to be a war going on between the dango and that car ...i mean the car bet its so cool to see a diff. just blow up... did you ask their drivers if they get icecream for that too?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jpas
Is there really any room to fit foam around these? I have an Orion LiFe and it just fits. Ran is for 2-3 hours so far with no issues.

I did find if I double face taped the reciever to the removabe top cover and let all the wires sit in the areas below it makes in much easier to change / charge the pack.
That sounds like a good idea. I may have to try that. I just run standard 1600mAH NiHM packs. Venom I think. I wrapped each tightly in electrical tape then looped the tape at one end to make a tab I can use to pull the pack out easily. I just hate dealing with packing all the wires back in every time I change out the battery.

I run NiMHs because I don't have a charger capable of charging LiFe and I don't have servos capable of handling LiPos.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

yo LUTZ is stand up dude. answered 2 emails that i sent to his lutzinator page within 2 days. wich i thought impressive for a busy dude. thanks for taking the time bro

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.