Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxflo777
Absolutely not. And its not a "concept", its phisics.
1/10, 1/8, 1/1, 2wd, 4wd, 1diff, 3diff, no diff, oneways, etc. etc. etc.... that has nothing to do with ideal weight distribution for circuit racing.
The X axis has nohing to do with the Y axis, forward traction has nothing to do with side traction, 4wd and 2wd need the same weight distribution for circuit racing.
Ever driven a full scale fwd car? obvious front weight bias, how it understeers when its pushed?
xe
Thank you maxflo, some people are too anal for there own good.....
Old 01-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxflo777
Absolutely not. And its not a "concept", its phisics.
1/10, 1/8, 1/1, 2wd, 4wd, 1diff, 3diff, no diff, oneways, etc. etc. etc.... that has nothing to do with ideal weight distribution for circuit racing.
The X axis has nohing to do with the Y axis, forward traction has nothing to do with side traction, 4wd and 2wd need the same weight distribution for circuit racing.
Ever driven a full scale fwd car? obvious front weight bias, how it understeers when its pushed?
xe
Come on now don't forget about the z axis too.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vieri
Ciao Mazzinga,

a quick question: am I right in assuming that every design is available for every car in the "various skins" section from the car pop-up menu? Or we can choose for the Durango only the skins that have "Team Durango" on them? Thanks!

Ciao,

Vieri
Pm me or Rcallstickers for any question, you can write in Italian language for you convenience
Anyway yes you can chose any skin design, after you can select the car body you want to apply it

Feel free to contact us for furter details

Thank you for the interest in RcAllstickers Products
Old 01-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default DNX Rims

Has anyone had the inside edge if their stock DNX rims crack? After 8 or so tanks on a mild clay track my rear rims are cracking around the inside edges.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We need a set-up for the Ohio RC Facotry!!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey guys DNX fuel tank splash guards for sell in the rctech for sell thread ! check them out !
Frankies Mad Scientist
Old 01-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well today was the first race for my DNX408. Very dry and dusty track, lots of bumps and cracks. The race was a team endurance, which 3 x 30 minute sessions for each driver/car. The buggy responded to any changes to the set up that I made. Had some very heavy crashes, and no breakages at all. This was also my first race meet for 12 months. The new Durango made my old car look like a tractor.
The only issue I had had was with my 4 year old OS engine. Had to turn the idle up to stop it flaming out when refuelling, causing the engine to run on and the clutch would still be engaged when trying to brake.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Today was the second race outing for the Durango at the Liverpool track in Sydney. This is a full size 1/8th track. Unfortunately the track was deteriorating as this was the last race before a major rebuild in time for the Australian Nationals. The track was rough and slippery.

Again rear traction was a problem. The car was however turning really well and the change to the losi green springs in the rear made a huge difference.

However, only one race was completed before the rear shock decided to destroy itself

The screw holding the shock piston stripped itself and as a result the shock came out of the body and then destroyed the bottom collar on the shock body and the inner rings. Day over!!

The big question is what could have caused this? Any thoughts??

Droop setting was not low (follow Frank L droop setting). Shcoks were built iaw with the manual. Never had this happen to either the Mugen buggy or truggy. This really is only the second run. I guess need to hold a second set of shocks!

Another hiccup and another learning curve. I agree with the previous comments - for the average racer like me this car is awesome. The potential is huge. Just need to understand how to set it up correctly and then drive it
Attached Thumbnails Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.-durango_shock.jpg  
Old 01-23-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

At least you were lucky enough to run yours today,Wayne, as my Parts didnt arrive in time for me.

Did the Shock Piston Screw unscrew or as you say Stippred itself?

If it stripped, then I would say droop settings. If it unscrewed then Loctite that bugger as I always do in my Losi.

There were 3 Durangos at my Local Track today and I dont think 1 of them finished the Main.

I know 1 , popped the rear swaybar of its ball , which jammed up his rear drive. The other I dont know why, The third, who was TQ and a Team Driver, I wasnt game to ask.

Lets just say his quailifier was 17 seconds quicker, than his previous best time over 10 minutes.(I will confirm that when Results are Posted)

Even Gumbies like Us, will be able to Drive this Buggy Faster than any other Buggy on the Market at this time.

Dont even bother asking Venom for Parts. Good chance they wont have them.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waynej
Today was the second race outing for the Durango at the Liverpool track in Sydney. This is a full size 1/8th track. Unfortunately the track was deteriorating as this was the last race before a major rebuild in time for the Australian Nationals. The track was rough and slippery.

Again rear traction was a problem. The car was however turning really well and the change to the losi green springs in the rear made a huge difference.

However, only one race was completed before the rear shock decided to destroy itself

The screw holding the shock piston stripped itself and as a result the shock came out of the body and then destroyed the bottom collar on the shock body and the inner rings. Day over!!

The big question is what could have caused this? Any thoughts??

Droop setting was not low (follow Frank L droop setting). Shcoks were built iaw with the manual. Never had this happen to either the Mugen buggy or truggy. This really is only the second run. I guess need to hold a second set of shocks!

Another hiccup and another learning curve. I agree with the previous comments - for the average racer like me this car is awesome. The potential is huge. Just need to understand how to set it up correctly and then drive it
something had to be pulling on those shocks to strip that screw.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey Frank......hows ur dango holding up? finishing races?...kicking a$$ or getting yours kicked? nothing but snow here and more comming lol.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Same here Kaptain. Cold and snow and more coming. BRRR it's freaking cold.

A good note to report. A good friend is in Ohio at the Midwest race and was struggling a little with his DNX. He talked to Lutz and Lutz wanted to see his buggy. Lutz took his machine apart, made alot of changes and the buggy is alot better. Dunno what he did but will find out when he returns home.

That's good to hear about Lutz providing support on his own time.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Greg B
Same here Kaptain. Cold and snow and more coming. BRRR it's freaking cold.

A good note to report. A good friend is in Ohio at the Midwest race and was struggling a little with his DNX. He talked to Lutz and Lutz wanted to see his buggy. Lutz took his machine apart, made alot of changes and the buggy is alot better. Dunno what he did but will find out when he returns home.

That's good to hear about Lutz providing support on his own time.
I've seen Ryan do that regardless of what brand someone is running. That's just Ryan being Ryan but it's great for the companies he races for.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:15 AM
rfy
Tech Apprentice

Default rx batt & throttle servo overheating

Raced my buggy for the first time yesterday and broke 2 bnew Life packs..both lost power and upon inspection were excessively puffed up. I switch the Nimh and things were better up to about 30 mins into the main when I noticed a very erratic throttle response. After things cooled down both Nimh and throttle servo seemed OK. Anyone have any ideas as to why my throttle response became erratic?? Could the servo have overheated?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm thinking about picking one of these up to compliment my 8ight-E when I don't want to run electric or the track won't let me run electrics with the nitros. I've poured over this car several times and have nearly made a decision, but I noticed how the droop was done on this chassis and I'm concerned that even after a few runs, the droop screws will start to gall up the chassis and require a semi-regular replacement (not to mention having dynamic droop while running) Has anyone had an issue with this? I don't know why there aren't steel screws in the chassis for the droop that can be replaced. Anyone noticed any issues? I'm *this* close to pulling the trigger.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.