Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. >

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

just a quick tuning tip. to me the play in the shock cap to standoff was excessive..so i removed the plastic balls and cut about 6mm of fuel tubing and used that instaed and it feels very good. i got this off lutz' page. and it feels alot better.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

stormer hobbies no tax.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by we go hard
just a quick tuning tip. to me the play in the shock cap to standoff was excessive..so i removed the plastic balls and cut about 6mm of fuel tubing and used that instaed and it feels very good. i got this off lutz' page. and it feels alot better.
I do the same but not as a tuning tip, I lost the small plastic balls during the building of the car so I have to use the fuel tubing, yes it feels better.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone in here have experiance with rcallsticker.com .......ive emailed them 2 times and have never gotten a responce. so customer service is not good but the product is. being that they are in italy my question is, A) will they combine shipping for you on multi orders because $37 usd is alot for shipping a decal sheet. B) about what is the turn around to the USA. the body decals that they sell are really awesome (they look seriouse on the durango) and whats even cooler is that you add what ever text you want and their ability to clone other companies logos.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
Amain is the cheapest right now.
looks like amain marked it up again to $699
Old 01-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Tech Rookie

@TD
When will you release the other colors on the wings? I want a white wing?
Old 01-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Titanium turnbuckles

Hi, where can I buy a set of Titanium turnbuckles?
Or individualy? Any part numbers for one by one part?
Regards

Last edited by Schnurf; 01-21-2011 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Not enough detail
Old 01-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

+1 to that!

Happened on it by accident when i lost one of the balls on the rear and they work great!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

does anyone in here have experiance with rcallsticker.com .......ive emailed them 2 times and have never gotten a responce. so customer service is not good but the product is. being that they are in italy my question is, A) will they combine shipping for you on multi orders because $37 usd is alot for shipping a decal sheet. B) about what is the turn around to the USA. the body decals that they sell are really awesome (they look seriouse on the durango) and whats even cooler is that you add what ever text you want and their ability to clone other companies logos.
Hi pm me with your email contacts, and you will be contacted directly from rcallstickers, I apologize for the missing reply, no problem for combined shipping.

Thank you for your interest
Old 01-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Schnurf
Hi, where can I buy a set of turnbuckles?
Regards
front top to block pn is 330103 /48mm 2pc, the front steering pn is330107. 60mm 2pc.and the rear 330102 and is 64mm comes in 2 pc. 330108 is the stubby short one 33mm 1pc. hope this helps you . im sure aftermarket ones will be along soon. if you look at lutz' bug he has anodised gold ones and they look amazing, im trying to find them bad. as of now all i can find in gold would be from a mp9 international,and some random schumacer ones sorry about the spelling. im not sure any of those will fit. but ryan def knows where and what. furthermore ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ.COM has the turnbuckels in stock. also i just found that there is a cool team durango dnx408 screen saver for the ipad and iphone 3g,4 on www.buggies/it to be downloaded free. if anyone knows about the question i asked about rcallstickers.com before it would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys. travis
Old 01-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mazzinga
Hi pm me with your email contacts, and you will be contacted directly from rcallstickers, I apologize for the missing reply, no problem for combined shipping.

Thank you for your interest
ohh great. hey thanks for the reply. i truly am impressed with the quality of your product and the customization. its really a great idea. moreover you guys have decals for tons of bugs and ive noticed how quickly you come out with new stuff./////////////////////////////and TD is there any guess as to when we could expect the truggy? could you give any news. its like it was brought up once by you guys and then put to rest. id like to have the matching set. my x2 is going to have its funeral soon.as of now its on life support. it will be a closed casket!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default aluminum lighter than titanium

Originally Posted by Schnurf
Hi, where can I buy a set of Titanium turnbuckles?
Regards
I was pretty shure that titanium was lighter than aluminum, but if fact not at all!! I find this on google:

HTML Code:
You need to look up the densities of the two solid elements to solve the problem.

Ti = 4.51 g/cm^3

Al = 2.70 g/cm^3

With this information the problem becomes straight forward.

100 mL (mL is the same as cm^3) of Al would weigh 270g (100cm^3 x 2.70 g/cm^3)

100 mL of Ti would weigh 451g (100cm^3 x 4.51 g/cm^3)

Thus the 100 mL of Titanium would weigh 181g more than the same volume of Aluminum. Titanium is denser than aluminum.

Last edited by Schnurf; 01-21-2011 at 05:16 AM. Reason: aluminum is lighter than alu. sorry
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

the turnbuckles on ryans car are aluminuim and made by Durango so should be available soon
Old 01-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

really,thats good info. im in for a set.now i just want a date for the truggy! i think that with the titanium chart you have up there particularly with shafts and other parts like axles, TI because it is so much stronger than AL the amount nessisary to make the same part out of AL,you would use less TI. but im just speculating. i too thought that TI is lighter and in fact it is on the final product. for example i have all fioroni stuff on my losi. if compared with each other stock vs TI there is major reduction in grams. im sold on anything TI.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kbrunsden
the turnbuckles on ryans car are aluminuim and made by Durango so should be available soon
I'm no armchair engineer by any stretch of the imagination here, but wouldn't the aluminum turnbuckles be far more likely to bend in a shunt than a titanium equivalent? I'm thinking mostly of the smaller steering turnbuckles.

But of course, if Ryan or the other team guys continue to run them and not experience any significant problems then I may have to revise my thinking

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.