Wiki Posts
Search

WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A TRUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phaqu22
Because I like to run over the buggies during practice!
+1 lol
Old 11-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Show871
Truggy class rules
-bounce of every track marker and wall at least once
-run into at least one marshall in the leg
-Yell at your pit crew when you are 5 laps down
-Pin your throttle every time you are upside down being marshalled
..if that's the truggy rules, then I can only imagine what the buggy rules are in your world
Old 11-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Truggy class rules
I don't know where you race, but this is not how any of the truggy races that I've run in, or watched, have been run. Granted, the Sportsman class at my local track has more of the first two on your list, but that goes for buggy or truggy. During the drivers meeting on the races I run, I make it a point to plainly state not to do the "death rev", and that the marshals are not to pick up a vehicle if the driver is doing so, doesn't matter if it's buggy, truggy, SCT, etc...

Truggies are not just re-hashed monster trucks. While they may have their roots in that class, they have since evolved into purpose built race vehicles. MT is indeed a big, lumbering beast....the latest generation of truggies can be almost as precise as a buggy. They haven't been around as long as buggies, so of course they're not going to have the same level of technology or number of offerings from the various manufacturers. It will be interesting to see what the class has to offer 5 or so years from now.

In my opinion, it's a matter of pure arrogance to look down on truggies because it's not what some consider the "premier class". Both have their place in RC. One is not better than the other....only different.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stubbs
I don't know where you race, but this is not how any of the truggy races that I've run in, or watched, have been run. Granted, the Sportsman class at my local track has more of the first two on your list, but that goes for buggy or truggy. During the drivers meeting on the races I run, I make it a point to plainly state not to do the "death rev", and that the marshals are not to pick up a vehicle if the driver is doing so, doesn't matter if it's buggy, truggy, SCT, etc...

Truggies are not just re-hashed monster trucks. While they may have their roots in that class, they have since evolved into purpose built race vehicles. MT is indeed a big, lumbering beast....the latest generation of truggies can be almost as precise as a buggy. They haven't been around as long as buggies, so of course they're not going to have the same level of technology or number of offerings from the various manufacturers. It will be interesting to see what the class has to offer 5 or so years from now.

In my opinion, it's a matter of pure arrogance to look down on truggies because it's not what some consider the "premier class". Both have their place in RC. One is not better than the other....only different.
if we have to expalin this to the OP perhaps its already too late for him/her
Old 11-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

I picked up my truggy, an 8t/2.0, because it fit my immediate requirement of being 'in-stock' one day at the lhs
Old 11-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chadstrotheide
???
Same reason you buy a buggy and participate in any form of recreational competitive racing its fun.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Truggy class rules

you must be thinking of a monster truck class some of guys in that class pin the throttle when there upside down while be marshalled .

i did have somebody run into my akle who ran truggy but it was kind of my fault though.

no your thinking of buggy the guys who yell at the marshalls from my exprience not truggy.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by phaqu22
Because I like to run over the buggies during practice!

i think i did that once during practice
Old 11-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

-cause if you can only own one, a truggy is a better all purpose machine to run away from the track. More ground clearance, and suspension travel, it can run where the buggies wave bye to the rest of the monsters out there playing. The buggy is a cruise missle, whereas the truggy is a tank, both excellent weapons for different purposes.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why ask such a question would make a better thread.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chadstrotheide
i dont understand why someone is willing to pay more for something thats not respected.. racing a buggy you gain respect for yourself as well as top drivers. truggys just roll over every bump..boring to watch and to drive! all it is lazy racing. like nascar vs F1
LMAO.. I doubt Id give you any respect no matter what you drive.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Only reason I dont run truggy is because my buggy is expensive enough. Imagine buying parts for both. Truggy wheels and tires cost more as it is, then buying 2 of everything(clutch,flywheel,maintenance items) to keep both running.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mcion
Only reason I dont run truggy is because my buggy is expensive enough. Imagine buying parts for both. Truggy wheels and tires cost more as it is, then buying 2 of everything(clutch,flywheel,maintenance items) to keep both running.

i dont, know how some people afford and keep up with both during race day inless you have one nitro and the other electric with a lipo than i can see that working and being cheaper.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Truggies are buggies, on steroids
Old 11-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

now I know what was missing these last couple years of racing truggy... no respect... how could I miss that one.. I'm definitely going to race buggies next year.. I'll get respected and that's all I want out of racing these toys.. respect!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.