Wiki Posts
Search

new buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default new buggy

hey guys!!!
any advice of a buggy for next season???
had a mbx6 the car was very easy to maintaine but not easy no drive...
change to losi and it was hard to maintain and a little hard to drive compare to the mugen...

The track where i drive is very bumpy and rough

my idea is to buy a buggy that is easier to drive than the rest..

money is not a problem... what is in your opinion a good buggy that it is not that agressive and have plenty of traction in bumpy tracks

this is the list:
MP9 TK2
xray 808 10 spec
D8 Hara edition
serpent cobra

hope to ge some help
Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Prophet

take a look at ethier the hara d8 or the associated rc8b.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

What about the JQ the car?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

this will turn into a fan-boy bash fest again like the rest, basically look at them and choice which one you think looks the best and go with it.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

most of the new generation of buggys are all aggresive. Most likely what you had was not the best setup for where you are running. A bad setup will make any buggy a hand full. I used to try to eye ball it when I bashed and first went to racing. I was terrible on the track untill i got a station and figured out what I needed to do.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

If you didn't like the Mugen, don't get a Caster zx1.5r as they are similar with pillowball setup. But then you say you didn't like the Losi. Was it worse? That should steer you away from the Xray since they are similar with I believe kingpin setup?

Maybe you need to adjust the car so it is less twitchy. What servo were you running, etc....?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
If you didn't like the Mugen, don't get a Caster zx1.5r as they are similar with pillowball setup. But then you say you didn't like the Losi. Was it worse? That should steer you away from the Xray since they are similar with I believe kingpin setup?

Maybe you need to adjust the car so it is less twitchy. What servo were you running, etc....?
Acutally he said the Losi was easier to drive, but harder to maintain..

The D8 IMO is easy to drive, and maintenance is way easy.. Hot Bodies D8 likes to be driven harder then the Losi, which IMO takes some finesse to drive.. I am not an on edge driver, and the D8 fits me well. AS I can push when I need to, yet don't have to push it all the time to keep good lap times.. Xray is maintanence heavy. Kyosho would be a good choice, and the MP9 is the most forgiving Buggy I have ever had the pleasure to drive, I just can't afford one, but I can't afford a Mugen either. Maintaining a K car would be similar to the Mugen. I've never driven an Associated buggy, but their truggy is pretty nice.

All that said my choices would be Kyosho if Money is no option, and HB if it is..

Good Luck on your choice.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You cant go wrong with a Redcat.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Tyco Extreme all the way. If you break something, its not to expensive for a new car.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Exactly

Originally Posted by morkendi
most of the new generation of buggys are all aggresive. Most likely what you had was not the best setup for where you are running. A bad setup will make any buggy a hand full. I used to try to eye ball it when I bashed and first went to racing. I was terrible on the track untill i got a station and figured out what I needed to do.
The Mugen has sick shocks with plenty of travel, but if you set the ride height too high it kinda dives sideways jumping into turns, I played around with oil, pistons, and springs and adusted ride height a bit lower in the rear with just under M-spec droop f and r...

That buggy responds to changes well... I think. But if you want another buggy man take your pic. Lots to choose from...
Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by K-Train
Nice
Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by K-Train
+1 problem solved now.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have driven a losi 2.0 and the caster racing zx 1.25(between 1 and 1.5) and it seems the caster turned better, especially at low speeds and off throttle. The ex1 that I drove that day seemed to be all over when on throttle coming down that straights or just coming out of a corner on throttle.

All of this was probably setup on all the vehicles.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyM
Acutally he said the Losi was easier to drive, but harder to maintain..

The D8 IMO is easy to drive, and maintenance is way easy.. Hot Bodies D8 likes to be driven harder then the Losi, which IMO takes some finesse to drive.. I am not an on edge driver, and the D8 fits me well. AS I can push when I need to, yet don't have to push it all the time to keep good lap times.. Xray is maintanence heavy. Kyosho would be a good choice, and the MP9 is the most forgiving Buggy I have ever had the pleasure to drive, I just can't afford one, but I can't afford a Mugen either. Maintaining a K car would be similar to the Mugen. I've never driven an Associated buggy, but their truggy is pretty nice.

All that said my choices would be Kyosho if Money is no option, and HB if it is..

Good Luck on your choice.
Very well said

Kyosho or Mugen if money is no object

And HB Hara edition if it is

As said by everyone, all the current crop of buggies are fast and competitive, especially at club racer level.

Try driving them if you can, and make a choice from there.

**EDIT** just read your original post and list again, So MP9 or D8 Hara would be the go IMO
Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by segreda
hey guys!!!
any advice of a buggy for next season???
had a mbx6 the car was very easy to maintaine but not easy no drive...
change to losi and it was hard to maintain and a little hard to drive compare to the mugen...

The track where i drive is very bumpy and rough

my idea is to buy a buggy that is easier to drive than the rest..

money is not a problem... what is in your opinion a good buggy that it is not that agressive and have plenty of traction in bumpy tracks

this is the list:
MP9 TK2
xray 808 10 spec
D8 Hara edition
serpent cobra

hope to ge some help
Been driving the GS CLX for over a month now. Easy to maintain and easier to drive then the mugen. Car is tough as nails, its worth a good look too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.