Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by vince7870
What would be the point. It took skill and luck to run on that brutal track. It was a true test of machine mechanic and driver.....

Truggies would have laughed at that track no matter how brutal it would have gotten. Truggies are Rc cars with training wheels, it does not take much to be fairly good with them.

Truggies are definitely a filler class and a world of fun to run, but are less sensitive to setups tires or changing track conditions, I think a truggy worlds would be a waste!

while, yes i do agree people around the world woud laugh at truggy racing but people who race at a club track and thats rough alot.. of us dont have the skill to drive a buggy on a rutty blown out track thats why truggys are good.

but i dont think by not having a truggy worlds makes them less popular at club tracks.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vince7870
What would be the point. It took skill and luck to run on that brutal track. It was a true test of machine mechanic and driver.....

Truggies would have laughed at that track no matter how brutal it would have gotten. Truggies are Rc cars with training wheels, it does not take much to be fairly good with them.

Truggies are definitely a filler class and a world of fun to run, but are less sensitive to setups tires or changing track conditions, I think a truggy worlds would be a waste!
Except for your first line, I totally disagree with you.

BTW, in numerous magazine tests, comparing lap times between a buggy and truggy, guess who won? It's true the buggies were faster on the smoother tracks (European), but the truggys won out on bigger, blown out tracks (Pattaya).
Old 11-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

I like the truggy class myself but have never owned one because of the added cost of running both classes.
Here in the states most all of the pro's that run buggy also run truggy.

If they would have run truggy at this last worlds that track would have been completely blown out and all concrete by the first qual's.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress

BTW, in numerous magazine tests, comparing lap times between a buggy and truggy, guess who won? It's true the buggies were faster on the smoother tracks (European), but the truggys won out on bigger, blown out tracks (Pattaya).
Truggies are sometimes faster because their larger track, wheelbase and tires allow them to soak-up more bumps, harsh landings and moguls than those of a buggy. Consequently, even if you're off the marks, you can carry more speed into a particular section of a track with a truggy, whereas you'd either have to lift or risk going off and possibly crashing with a buggy, hence the difference in lap times.

Also, greater speed does not necessarily equal greater skill. If I tethered an RC car to a pole and let it whip around a circular track at 80mph does that imply that I have greater skill than the guy who drives his car around the same track with a radio, but can only manage 55mph?
Old 11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress

Hmmm

Guess you didn't read my post too well the track was brutal and challenging for buggys but it would have been a joke for Truggies.

The brutalness of the worlds is what made the race exciting....who wants to just watch Truggies for an hour plow through and over everything in there past unfazed!

I love my truggy-I drive it like I stole it and I don't give 2 poops what happens to it, but my buggy is my baby and I treat it completely different right down to the way I drive and maintain it!

Truggy is for fun but for driving and bragging rights you got to do well in buggy!

Ats all I'm sayin!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Reading alot on people who think there are just a few that make truggies, some say a filler class, some say they are easy to drive and so on.
Ive been to the last two roar nats events and the truggy class has just as many folk watching as the buggy class.
I can think of atleast eight companies who make truggies and know of a few that plan on a release of a truggy in the 2011 season.
Losi, Kyosh,Tamiya,Jammin,Team Associated,Hot Bodies,Mugen,X Ray
I would love to see a worlds in the truggy class. I did see one other who posted the response on why there isnt a worlds. Truggy class is more a U.S racing class.
I would have to agree, that is why there has yet to be a "Worlds" for the truggy class.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Buggy is a legendary class all around the worlds and the most popular one. Truggies are on the market only for 5-6 years.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koopesv
Until there are more good truggies there will be no worlds. When it comes to race day how different truggies do you see, four different brands at the most depending on where you race. 8 companies make a RACE truggy and 14 make a RACE buggy. So on any given race day you might have at least 8 different kind of buggies and if add in all the RTR buggies at most club races it crazy. OFNA/JAMMIN alone sells 8 different buggies, you get the point. The truth is we need more TRUGGIES NOW
There are plenty of good truggies out there! Losi, Mugen, Kyosho, HB, AE, Xray, etc... Almost every company that makes buggies also makes a truggy. Even the newest companies onto the 1/8 scale scene are working on truggies(Serpent for example). I don't think that is the issue at all.

Honestly I can see why there isn't a truggy worlds. Buggies are and always will be the premiere 1/8 scale class. If you watched the worlds last week, you know how long the race was and how beat up the track got. That is all with only one class running. Running buggies and truggies at the same event would make the event too long and beat the track up even more. I love racing and watching racing so I would love to see a truggy worlds, but I see the reasons why we don't have one.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You're right JamminKrazy....

If one day, there is a Truggy Worlds, I believe they should go with two different separated events. Racers have so much to think and do during one event. Plus, that will increase manufacturers exposure.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A worlds buggy event and a truggy worlds event. Both events would be on two different weekends or weeks and perhaps different tracks in different months.
To run a buggy nats and a truggy nats the same week would be insane and not worth it. Different months and tracks, I could see that in the near future, 2014?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

IMO Truggy is not popular enough in some of the other blocs that make up IFMAR.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
IMO Truggy is not popular enough in some of the other blocs that make up IFMAR.
go back to celebrating

congrats to you and cody
Old 11-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
There are plenty of good truggies out there! Losi, Mugen, Kyosho, HB, AE, Xray, etc... Almost every company that makes buggies also makes a truggy. Even the newest companies onto the 1/8 scale scene are working on truggies(Serpent for example). I don't think that is the issue at all.

Honestly I can see why there isn't a truggy worlds. Buggies are and always will be the premiere 1/8 scale class. If you watched the worlds last week, you know how long the race was and how beat up the track got. That is all with only one class running. Running buggies and truggies at the same event would make the event too long and beat the track up even more. I love racing and watching racing so I would love to see a truggy worlds, but I see the reasons why we don't have one.
You hit that one right on the button. A seperate truggy worlds would be the way to go.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
You hit that one right on the button. A seperate truggy worlds would be the way to go.
Even separate years the worlds are only every 2 yrs so on the off year have the truggy worlds.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Even separate years the worlds are only every 2 yrs so on the off year have the truggy worlds.
+1, that would be sweet!!!!!! as long as it was in USA. i would be there!!! maybe be in the Z main.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.