Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
No, I was just saying that most (RC-starting) Truggy drivers are just clubracers and do not care to go on with the next level. I do think truggy racing has to grow more and get their own national heroes to be worlds worthy without putting the pressure on other factory drivers (for sure with the still going on financial crisis).
Take a look into 1/10 and 1/8 onroad, in the top of both worlds you do see the same names and that will be the same with the buggy and truggy worlds, the same is with the 1/12 pancar and 1/10 touring worlds which actually are driven on the same event.

Realy, how many clubracers are interested into racing a worlds if it is not in the neighburehood? The interest in local clubracing does not give any realistic picture to predict the number of racers going to the worlds.
What your staying makes no sence. If you had a worlds for truggy they would have there own world champion it would be one of the top off road racers in the world kind of like offroad racer Ryan Cavalieri winning the ifmar 1/10 wc in 2005 and Maifeld taking 3rd these guys were there in the buggy worlds and made the A main which is pretty damn good. The truggy class does not need some local racer to step up and travel the world and race truggy for there to be a truggy worlds. They just need to organize the event and get the mfg to back it and send there top drivers to racer in it. But I do think money would be a problem for some of the companys but on the other hand it would get more pop and there would be more money made from the sale of truggys. It would get the rest of the world onboard and that is a market that has not really been tap into.

I think there sould be a truggy worlds. I think it would come down to who is the best driver not so much who's car stays together the longest. Some of the best races this year have been in the truggy class. The Dirt Nitro Challenge truggy race this year was one of the best races I have seen all year.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well for some input from this neck of the woods, truggy is by far the more popular class on club race days. We usually have two full heats of truggies sometimes three and at the same time usually cannot fill a heat with buggies. Actually our short course numbers far exceed buggy. Monster truck and buggies sometimes have to run together due to numbers and that can be comical to watch

I'm all for a Truggy Worlds! ( and no, I would never ever make it there myself!)
Old 11-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by benamin
Well for some input from this neck of the woods, truggy is by far the more popular class on club race days. We usually have two full heats of truggies sometimes three and at the same time usually cannot fill a heat with buggies. Actually our short course numbers far exceed buggy. Monster truck and buggies sometimes have to run together due to numbers and that can be comical to watch

I'm all for a Truggy Worlds! ( and no, I would never ever make it there myself!)

same here in the northeast in pa and some nj tracks the truggys have 2 or more classes compared to buggy.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Truggy would have to be popular in the rest of the world...(north america is not the world)
Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Matt Piva;8226096]Ifmar would never organize this race simply because 1/8th scale has 1 champion and not 2, having a worlds for 1/8th scale truck would take away value of the buggy worlds and who won, it would never happen because of this reason, ifmar wants to give 1 person a crown as who is best with 1/8th scale machines, having 2 worlds in offroad 1/8th scale would mean 2 winners and that would be the problem with the event, not to mention companies sending as many people to another country as they do already for this years worlds it just wouldn't be possible and the race wouldn't have the drivers there to race, also many companies that do well in buggy don't even have a truggy to race therefore leaving more of the top racers out. So knowing these things would u still like to ask why there's no ifmar wc for truggies? Taking away from the buggy wc would b enough reason to rule it out for them, they won't hurt the prestigiousness of the biggest race there is for rc cars, EVER!

Funny man,

Biggest race there is for R/C cars? EVER? In offroad, maybe. Nitro Offroad, I'll give you that one. If I had to pick one rac ethat to me would be the biggest one, I'd go with 1/8th Onroad as they are the F1 of R/C. Just saying.

Couple of questions for you. With there being seperate World Champions for 2wd and 4wd in the 1/10th Worlds, does one take away from the other? I don't think so, but maybe I missed something along the way. Are you saying that there should only be One World Champion for a given Worlds event? Just asking.

It seems to me that IFMAR likes car and buggy classes over anything else and being that they are the ones to decide what a Worlds event is and is not, it's their call.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by shanem121
I also find truggy WAY harder to drive. I switched to buggy and i realize i can drive. Who would have known when i was running truggy LOL. MARSHALLLLLLLLLL HAHAHA
LOL.....i hear that!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

If one day IFMAR decides to have a Truggy Worlds, they just have to do it. All pro racers will sign up for the event for sure.

It is not a matter of having racers to fill the class, it is a matter of having the event
Old 11-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Truggy would have to be popular in the rest of the world...(north america is not the world)
Is too!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by captain america
I agree, I think that Truggy needs to prove itself to warrant a worlds caliber competition. After the way that monster truck class came and went, it would be only sensible for organizers to be cautious.

It's like with any new RC category: manufacturers try to come up with a new category in the hope of generating new sales & excitement to broaden the market. Some categories flourish, some don't. That's RC for ya
The Truggies killed the Monster Truck class. Looks almost the same, WAY more capable.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Sylvain
If one day IFMAR decides to have a Truggy Worlds, they just have to do it. All pro racers will sign up for the event for sure.

It is not a matter of having racers to fill the class, it is a matter of having the event
One big mistake in your thinking!
The IFMAR is formed by the blocks like EFRA FEMCA and ROAR. Those organisations have to put in the new classes and provide the rules for that section.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

Funny man,

Biggest race there is for R/C cars? EVER? In offroad, maybe. Nitro Offroad, I'll give you that one. If I had to pick one rac ethat to me would be the biggest one, I'd go with 1/8th Onroad as they are the F1 of R/C. Just saying.

Couple of questions for you. With there being seperate World Champions for 2wd and 4wd in the 1/10th Worlds, does one take away from the other? I don't think so, but maybe I missed something along the way. Are you saying that there should only be One World Champion for a given Worlds event? Just asking.

It seems to me that IFMAR likes car and buggy classes over anything else and being that they are the ones to decide what a Worlds event is and is not, it's their call.
Wow bro calm down u don't need to come at me all tuff like that, jk

In my eyes 1/8th scale is the best class there is to win, there's just so much to offroad that onroad doesn't have and in my opinion it makes the racing more of a challenge therefor showing the better driver, that's why u see the 'big names' at the top 100% of the time and you don't see that kind of consistency with onroad. Sorry to say offroad 1/8 scale is a challenge that's much different then onroad and that's my opinion, now for your second question, I do believe 2wd and 4wd worlds take alot away from eachother and that's why it's not as prestigious and important to watch for the fans, however I'm taking nothing away with those events because there is a difference between the 2 and a big one, 2wd n 4wd drive completely different and are completely different chassis and honestly u can see the difference when u look at the 2. 8th scale buggies and truggies almost have the exact same chassis layouts down to the length of shocks and most parts are interchangeable if u run the same buggy truggy brand, all that's really different is longer chassis wider arms and bigger tires, so why do u need to prove another winner of the same machine? there's no reason for truggy n it would take away from the buggy champ, sorry :/
Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Wow bro calm down u don't need to come at me all tuff like that, jk

In my eyes 1/8th scale is the best class there is to win, there's just so much to offroad that onroad doesn't have and in my opinion it makes the racing more of a challenge therefor showing the better driver, that's why u see the 'big names' at the top 100% of the time and you don't see that kind of consistency with onroad. Sorry to say offroad 1/8 scale is a challenge that's much different then onroad and that's my opinion, now for your second question, I do believe 2wd and 4wd worlds take alot away from eachother and that's why it's not as prestigious and important to watch for the fans, however I'm taking nothing away with those events because there is a difference between the 2 and a big one, 2wd n 4wd drive completely different and are completely different chassis and honestly u can see the difference when u look at the 2. 8th scale buggies and truggies almost have the exact same chassis layouts down to the length of shocks and most parts are interchangeable if u run the same buggy truggy brand, all that's really different is longer chassis wider arms and bigger tires, so why do u need to prove another winner of the same machine? there's no reason for truggy n it would take away from the buggy champ, sorry :/
That is basically it. Its thesame Flatform. Plus Truggy is Kinda dead here in Manila. Its a fun Class during its peak but its dying now.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

I would love to see a truggy worlds, here in Australia truggy is still very popular and having a truggy worlds can only be a good positive thing for the rc racing industry worldwide.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

They've voted against a Truggy Worlds...

Due to the fact that Ryan Lutz would lap everyone, maybe twice!

It just wouldn't be fair.......
Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Matt P,

Thanks for answering the questions. For me, Onroad and Offroad are two different animals and I like both for different reasons. I do agree that Offroad is more fun to watch, then again I'll watch just about any type of racing. My point with the 2wd and 4wd was to show that IFMAR already offers two Championships for the same scale, 1/10th. I understand that the drivetrain is different between them and probably explains why they have both. The thing is that both the 2wd and 4wd's do share many parts bewtween them, just as the Buggy and truggy do. Basically the point was to show that it could be done in 1/8th, but IFMAR hasn't decided to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.