Sabotage??

Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hats off to Cody but conspericy at worlds? u guys are out of your mind, you are the first to point a finger when you lose or have bad day, try looking in the mirror for once. I agree weird stuff happens but another team dumping metal fragments into a fuel tank or the fuel lines, get real!!! I suppose u also think that cody himself somehow messed with few servos before the race. I guess when u win a monster event some poeple seem to forget the many days of consitantly good driving that got u there in the first place!
congrats to Cody
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
NEO sure did a lot of hits on their site from this.....
Equally curious is that it seems that they are the only site to report this alleged issue; nothing mentioned on Buggy Sport Info, Red RC or RC Insider. If indeed there would have been a case of sabotage, would it not have been reported to the organizers/covered by the other news outlets?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camocowboy
This is the stupidest dam conversation I've ever heard. It happened after a semi that he finished well in. Then they had ample time to re-prep the car. If there were concerns they should have changed the tank and motor. So who cares about it. If someone really did it carma will get them. And it sure the hell doesn't taint anynes main
Why is it so stupid...someone started a conversation about sabotage on savoya...the story looked like it happened in the main, if you read it on neo-buggy...people who stayed up and watched the race came on line here and cleared it up way before you did...some people obviously dont read all the posts before they comment, but that does not make the thread stupid that is what forums are for.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

metal shavings would not get past the tank filter, if there was hundreds of them in the tank it would reduce his tank size a bit though. sabotage would have happened to tq mainly not the guy that qualified 8th.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Red face move

Sorry. I moved. Not Iam moving the topic.

I'm not an admin..

sorry..

Old 11-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Talking issue

I think the reason why people are talking about it is because, honestly, can you Imagine the mind game it would play on you that someone was out to keep you from winning?? Doesn't matter when it happened, the fact it did.

If it were a defective fuel gun, then, that, is one thing, but if he doesn't use a fuel gun and uses a fuel bottle, then something is up.

This would surely put a bug in my head as to someone trying to keep me from a win.

Only happened after he qualified well.. Didn't happen in practice..

So, I would think something was up.

I am sure these driver have a lot on their minds re racing, holding their lines, fuel consumption, not to mention their racing competitors. How to get around a particular driver if confronted. How to start the race. How to through the first turn cleanly.

Not to mention. Which tires to use. Temp has changed, track has changed, was dusty now wet. High traction, needs to drive differently.

Many things to think of. And not who's screwing with my possible win??

Hmm. I'd be a little off my game wondering this.. and angry that someone is doing this to me. Unless like i said, it was found that there was a parts failure of the fuel gun if one is being used.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
NEO sure did a lot of hits on their site from this.....
ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner
Old 11-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Neobuggy = RC Tabloid
Old 11-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

phil is a joker , you think that has anything to do with it ?
Old 11-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RB has a metal fuel gun. Maybe they just opened a new one and put fuel in it, then put the fuel in the tank and the shaving were there.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It sounds like another excuse that the other companys have for when kyosho wins which they do a lot!!!!! Congrats to the Cody the king on his win. Kyosho 1/8 onroad and 1/8 offoad champs kyosho wins again I know the haters are mad kyosho= win win win!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
I think the reason why people are talking about it is because, honestly, can you Imagine the mind game it would play on you that someone was out to keep you from winning?? Doesn't matter when it happened, the fact it did.

If it were a defective fuel gun, then, that, is one thing, but if he doesn't use a fuel gun and uses a fuel bottle, then something is up.

This would surely put a bug in my head as to someone trying to keep me from a win.

Only happened after he qualified well.. Didn't happen in practice..

So, I would think something was up.

I am sure these driver have a lot on their minds re racing, holding their lines, fuel consumption, not to mention their racing competitors. How to get around a particular driver if confronted. How to start the race. How to through the first turn cleanly.

Not to mention. Which tires to use. Temp has changed, track has changed, was dusty now wet. High traction, needs to drive differently.

Many things to think of. And not who's screwing with my possible win??

Hmm. I'd be a little off my game wondering this.. and angry that someone is doing this to me. Unless like i said, it was found that there was a parts failure of the fuel gun if one is being used.
If it were me i wouldn't suspect foul play, that would be the last thing i my mind. If i did suspect foul play i'd be happy that others looked at me as such a force that my rig would need to be tampered with to not win. Guess i'm an optimist, but to me it doesn't look or sound like sabotage. Could you imagine the ramifications of someone getting caught tampering with someone elses equipment? The person responsible and his team would be banned for life. Now what would that driver do for employment? LOL
Old 11-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

I think you guys are missing the point. The sabotage may not have been to screw up his motor, maybe just to displace fuel in an attempt to lower his fuel mileage, thus wrecking his race with a flameout. 100's of aluminum fragments would take up A LOT of space. Think about it. Real bummer for him though
Old 11-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

My grandpa once told me, "Don't beleive anything you hear and only half of what you see!".
Old 11-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
My grandpa once told me, "Don't beleive anything you hear and only half of what you see!".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.