Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8t 2.0 or Mugen MBX6t >

Losi 8t 2.0 or Mugen MBX6t

Losi 8t 2.0 or Mugen MBX6t

Old 11-13-2010, 09:53 AM
  #76  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

kaptain crash : so do you boil the lower arms so the droop screw doesnt break so easy or just dont run to much droop ? just use as much droop as the setup sheets say ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 09:55 AM
  #77  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by itbvolks
I've found stability is quite good. I'm ony running moderate rear toe (2.75*) and find it's solid there.

Tires to suit track conditons and let her rip!


sounds good than yea i dont like running a truggy or a buggy that fish tails.
hows the steering on this truggy just as much as others ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 10:31 AM
  #78  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (86)
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

pillow ball setup Wow going back to the revo days

I driven the AE champ, Mugen, Zo1t etc and for me the 8ight its solid as a package the mugen does rotate better but you cannot beat the 8ight with all the important added upgrades period.

If your comparing stock to stock I think the Mugen since it roates better but losi will take a beating no question.


TryTry maybe you like better you never know its always good to try new thing for me I have some much crap for the 8ight its crazy to much $$ invested have enough parts to build two comeplete roller and some.
bigjayjay1 is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 11:01 AM
  #79  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
pillow ball setup Wow going back to the revo days

I driven the AE champ, Mugen, Zo1t etc and for me the 8ight its solid as a package the mugen does rotate better but you cannot beat the 8ight with all the important added upgrades period.

If your comparing stock to stock I think the Mugen since it roates better but losi will take a beating no question.


TryTry maybe you like better you never know its always good to try new thing for me I have some much crap for the 8ight its crazy to much $$ invested have enough parts to build two comeplete roller and some.
I know what you mean about the investment in parts and gear for the Losi cars. I don't think I could switch brands even if I wanted to which I certainly DON'T!
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 11:44 AM
  #80  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
J.Sears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Versailles KY
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Well Frank I think you've got the answer you were looking for. Mugen is absolutely the truck for you. As for the arm breakage, don't even worry about that because I think mugen has fixed that problem. I got some new lower arms the other day that were in a different package than normal and haven't had any problems with those arms. The problems with the diffs, well there really isn't a problem. Mugen is no different then any of the other brands out there you just have to shim it right from the beginning. So go a head and pull the trigger already.
J.Sears is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 11:50 AM
  #81  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

j sears : what about the pillow balls if you have a hard landing or side land i heard from somebody that they will break easy ?

and they will pop out from a hard landing ?

so the upgraded lower arms come with the kit and the mspec roller ?

also is it easy to adjust the camber with pillow balls do you just adjust the top ball and leave the bottom alone ? oh yea hows the steering on this thing ?

Last edited by tc5 man; 11-13-2010 at 12:04 PM.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 12:06 PM
  #82  
ftf
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
Default

I have the Mugen MBX6T mspec, it seems tough as hell, it takes the beating that I deal out on it. I've adjusted the pillowballs once, super easy. Really love it, no regrets for sure.
ftf is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 01:02 PM
  #83  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

What about the chassis? I heard it tacos fairly quick is it still an issue or have they fixed it?

Originally Posted by J.Sears
Well Frank I think you've got the answer you were looking for. Mugen is absolutely the truck for you. As for the arm breakage, don't even worry about that because I think mugen has fixed that problem. I got some new lower arms the other day that were in a different package than normal and haven't had any problems with those arms. The problems with the diffs, well there really isn't a problem. Mugen is no different then any of the other brands out there you just have to shim it right from the beginning. So go a head and pull the trigger already.
TopGearRC is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 01:14 PM
  #84  
Tech Lord
Thread Starter
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,520
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for all the replies there is some great info in here. This has been one of the cleanest threads I have seen.
Frank L is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 01:45 PM
  #85  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
kaptain crash : so do you boil the lower arms so the droop screw doesnt break so easy or just dont run to much droop ? just use as much droop as the setup sheets say ?
Im not really sure what they do...I run odonnell buggy, my pit-partner runs the mugan and and he loves it. There are lots of losi's here racing too but most the time its the mugan's that take first..in expert and sportsmen, depends on who shows up...we have 1 losi truggy guy here thats pretty fast in the expert class ...its always a great race to watch.
kaptain crash is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
  #86  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
j sears : what about the pillow balls if you have a hard landing or side land i heard from somebody that they will break easy ?

and they will pop out from a hard landing ?

so the upgraded lower arms come with the kit and the mspec roller ?

also is it easy to adjust the camber with pillow balls do you just adjust the top ball and leave the bottom alone ? oh yea hows the steering on this thing ?
I have not seen any pillow balls break at our track here and we have 1 very tall jump the gets lots of airtime...to much at times...but the jumps are not as big and as many where you race at g's
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8t 2.0 or Mugen MBX6t-00000210.jpg  
kaptain crash is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 01:57 PM
  #87  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
J.Sears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Versailles KY
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
j sears : what about the pillow balls if you have a hard landing or side land i heard from somebody that they will break easy ?

and they will pop out from a hard landing ?

so the upgraded lower arms come with the kit and the mspec roller ?

also is it easy to adjust the camber with pillow balls do you just adjust the top ball and leave the bottom alone ? oh yea hows the steering on this thing ?
I can honestly say I have never heard of anyone breaking the front pillow ball on a mugen or have one pop out. Adjusting the camber is real easy now on the 6T. Now there is a washer behind the pillow ball that connects to the upper and lower arm all you have to do to change your camber is add or remove one of the washers. I think just about everybody runs with -1 camber in the front and that is with 1 washer on the top and 1 on the bottom. Very simple. As for the chassis bending I think that is on the buggy but I have never owned a buggy so not sure about that one.
J.Sears is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 02:06 PM
  #88  
Tech Master
iTrader: (46)
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,494
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by J.Sears
I can honestly say I have never heard of anyone breaking the front pillow ball on a mugen or have one pop out. Adjusting the camber is real easy now on the 6T. Now there is a washer behind the pillow ball that connects to the upper and lower arm all you have to do to change your camber is add or remove one of the washers. I think just about everybody runs with -1 camber in the front and that is with 1 washer on the top and 1 on the bottom. Very simple. As for the chassis bending I think that is on the buggy but I have never owned a buggy so not sure about that one.
From what I have seen this summer, if I was to buy a truggy it will be a mugan for sure....they are fast and tough with...NO....after market parts needed. And in that pick..im over shooting the landing lol ...its a big jump the truggys love it.
kaptain crash is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 03:15 PM
  #89  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
sluggo_sx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Really enjoying this thread, nice that everyone is keeping it very clean. Our track is mostly losi but more and more mugen showing up. Funny thing is they all break no matter if they are losi or mugen. They will all break arms and anything else you can think of if you donkey flip it on every lap
sluggo_sx8 is offline  
Old 11-13-2010, 03:30 PM
  #90  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I've never seen a losi arm break. Even with a donkey-flipper behind the wheel. Just sayin...
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.