HELP ME CHOOSE MY NEXT 1/8 BUGGY...!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP ME CHOOSE MY NEXT 1/8 BUGGY...!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up HELP ME CHOOSE MY NEXT 1/8 BUGGY...!

Hello everyone,
I'm in the market for an addition of 1/8 buggy. I Know top speed is dependent on gearing, but that is the only thing that I'm mainly looking for. I use to have the Kyosho inferno MP7, Associated RC8... Looking for a good quality buggy that I can basically bash with and have my Jack Russel chase for 40 mins. lol... I'm not going to be competing but I do want fairly high quality buggy. Been considering 1. Mugen MRX-6 2. Hot Bodies HB-D8 Atsushi Hara Edition 3. Ofna 1/8 Hyper 9 Pro Buggy 4. Losi 8IGHT-E 2.0 4WD
PLEASE SUGGEST ON CONCRETE FACTUAL OR PERSONAL EXPERIENCED OPINIONS NOT BY PICKING THE HIGHEST PRICED KIT...

PS IF YOU CAN ALSO SUGGEST A ENGINE AND A TUNED PIPE WITH THE BUGGY I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by emin007
Hello everyone,
I'm in the market for an addition of 1/8 buggy. I Know top speed is dependent on gearing, but that is the only thing that I'm mainly looking for. I use to have the Kyosho inferno MP7, Associated RC8... Looking for a good quality buggy that I can basically bash with and have my Jack Russel chase for 40 mins. lol... I'm not going to be competing but I do want fairly high quality buggy. Been considering 1. Mugen MRX-6 2. Hot Bodies HB-D8 Atsushi Hara Edition 3. Ofna 1/8 Hyper 9 Pro Buggy 4. Losi 8IGHT-E 2.0 4WD
PLEASE SUGGEST ON CONCRETE FACTUAL OR PERSONAL EXPERIENCED OPINIONS NOT BY PICKING THE HIGHEST PRICED KIT...

PS IF YOU CAN ALSO SUGGEST A ENGINE AND A TUNED PIPE WITH THE BUGGY I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT...
theres only 3 main basher buggys that are good quality, i've owned or do own most of top of the line buggys.

Xray 808 09! not 2010.. it blows bearings that blows diffs... this is my current ride that im racing with, never broken a part on it. owned it since 2008.

Mugen mbx6: good handling buggy, quality is up there with xray i've only broken one thing and that was a shock screw that holds it to the tower.

kyosho mp9 with cnc upgrades. quality is well up there with xray if not the same. handles really well. only thing that needs done to it from stock is a piece of hardend 7075 alloy 2.5mm/ 6.5/7mm width thick across the top of the front shock tower.(behind it so youll need longer screws)

this is excluding THE CAR, AGAMA A8. i dont own THE CAR yet, own the agama but its still in pieces brand new in its box.

as for engines(not being biasted):

over the last year i have been trying alot of new engines including RB,GO Engines GX series, mg66, REEDY VR, ALPHA PLUS ENGINES, novas, OS , JS ENGINES and even the TQ engines.

i started with the "best" the o.s speed. - wonderfull. but pricy though, would not reconmend if you bashing the ride.

next i went to the toro nero and plus 4, the toro is nuts, OK priced but its a truggy racing motor. the plus 4 is smooth would be good for a racer wanting a smooth motor for a smaller track.

tryed heaps of RB motors... but all i had was flame outs during races...

the JS engines. as per the the rest of these new engines, VERY good in bang for buck.

GO engines gx series, owned the gx3r and gx7r, the 3r would be perfect for a racer. the 7 port is just too crazy it just pulls and pulls on straits,
only problem with go motors is the wacky tuning.

alpha plus, well not much to say other then awesome engines. a bit hard to get right over the first half gallon, but once at a gallon they tune simple and will idle all day long with good power and nutty top end.

REEDY VR, short track engine, its nutty would do good in truck too. very smooth and easy to tune on OD97T.

the mg66... cheaper version of the speed, its a monster engine... its too much even for a truck it just tears apart diffs and drivetrain... too powerfull even for a basher.

personally right now i am using a reedy VR121 and a Z852 alpha green top as spare. i thrash the hell out of my 808 with the reedy in it, puts up with all the abuse easy.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks bud...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Nice review

I would agree with him. The Mbx-6 is a great ride. I love my 808, but the Mbx-6 has longer travel and needs a bit less maintanance. Those two cars are my favorites.

As for the engine. For bashing the Nova 3 port is like 140 bucks, not bad for a reliable engine to run the dog tired...If you treat it right it will last a long time....

But that Alpha plus engine is really nice too. Faster than that 3 port and isn't really expensive at 200 bucks...

Two cars, two engines, how is that?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

if you had to suggest a few "all out " top end speed engines what would they be? I'm looking for mostly "top end" top speed... thanks
Old 11-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

if you had to suggest a few "all out " top end speed engines what would they be? I'm looking for mostly "top end" top speed... thanks
gx7r, contact DEADMANCOURT on here he'll sort you out for one.
the ninja engines are a blistering top end too. for price defently gx7r cant go wrong.

mg66 pulls hard man, its probably the fastest engine on the market that you can buy strait up.

oh i forgot the werks motors i've run.
the b5 is super nutty on bottom, alright top end. would be perfect for a truggy

the b6 is a nice motor, very smooth with a strong bottom and pulls nicely on top more then the b5, with the matching werks pipe, itll do 11mins on a buggy tank.

b7 i havnt run but heard its .28 i assume its a 7 port beast, but stay away from .28s you'll be burning more fuel then anyone else

they are all good and wont be a bad choice for either.
so b5,b6, gx7r, ninja jx,mg66. im sure there are others that would be just as good.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by merdith6
I would agree with him. The Mbx-6 is a great ride. I love my 808, but the Mbx-6 has longer travel and needs a bit less maintanance. Those two cars are my favorites.

As for the engine. For bashing the Nova 3 port is like 140 bucks, not bad for a reliable engine to run the dog tired...If you treat it right it will last a long time....

But that Alpha plus engine is really nice too. Faster than that 3 port and isn't really expensive at 200 bucks...

Two cars, two engines, how is that?
dont really understand that but i have like 7 buggys, lol.

xray 808, mugen mbx6, serpent, losi 2.0. the original mp9. hyper 9, and something i should of gave away by now the hotbodies d8
Old 11-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default that's easy

The Novarossi FMS 7 port. It's fast.....at around 300 bucks not bad...

In My 808 with stock gearing it's fast.

In my Mbx6 the Toro team is screaming with a 14t bell, the stock is 13...

I would get a Mugen with an FMS and gear it 14.....It will fly....

Or an 808 with an FMS with a 17t bell would be overkill but fast, even with a 16 it would fly...

I think the FMS is the fastest 300 engine, That Ninja ain't no slouch though..
Old 11-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by merdith6
The Novarossi FMS 7 port. It's fast.....at around 300 bucks not bad...

In My 808 with stock gearing it's fast.

In my Mbx6 the Toro team is screaming with a 14t bell, the stock is 13...

I would get a Mugen with an FMS and gear it 14.....It will fly....

Or an 808 with an FMS with a 17t bell would be overkill but fast, even with a 16 it would fly...

I think the FMS is the fastest 300 engine, That Ninja ain't no slouch though..
FMS's dont last though... i've owned a few all died after a few gallons.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you don't care about racing then why are you interested in racing setups? Imo you'd be better off buying something cheap yet well built. Most of the money in these is due to r&d and using parts that stand up to track abuse. If you just want something your dog can chase or something to launch off ramps in the back yard then save yourself the money and get something in the $300-400 rtr range.

The only reason i'd consider a more expensive setup is if you are interested in track racing, otherwise you'll be throwing your money away needlessly.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
gx7r, contact DEADMANCOURT on here he'll sort you out for one.
the ninja engines are a blistering top end too. for price defently gx7r cant go wrong.

mg66 pulls hard man, its probably the fastest engine on the market that you can buy strait up.

oh i forgot the werks motors i've run.
the b5 is super nutty on bottom, alright top end. would be perfect for a truggy

the b6 is a nice motor, very smooth with a strong bottom and pulls nicely on top more then the b5, with the matching werks pipe, itll do 11mins on a buggy tank.

b7 i havnt run but heard its .28 i assume its a 7 port beast, but stay away from .28s you'll be burning more fuel then anyone else

they are all good and wont be a bad choice for either.
so b5,b6, gx7r, ninja jx,mg66. im sure there are others that would be just as good.
+1 on the mg66 its a power house crazy power
Old 11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

how does EB Mods JS Racing compare to the M66???
Old 11-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2
If you don't care about racing then why are you interested in racing setups? Imo you'd be better off buying something cheap yet well built. Most of the money in these is due to r&d and using parts that stand up to track abuse. If you just want something your dog can chase or something to launch off ramps in the back yard then save yourself the money and get something in the $300-400 rtr range.

The only reason i'd consider a more expensive setup is if you are interested in track racing, otherwise you'll be throwing your money away needlessly.
+1
Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

how does EB Mods JS Racing compare to the M66???
differnt leagues thats like comparing the original xbox to the standerd xbox360(ignoring the new new one)

the mg66x should be the most raped ape engine on the market that you can buy stock.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
dont really understand that but i have like 7 buggys, lol.

xray 808, mugen mbx6, serpent, losi 2.0. the original mp9. hyper 9, and something i should of gave away by now the hotbodies d8
you should let me have 1 of those buggies bud!....it would be in good hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.