Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

EDIT QUICK! ^^^
Old 11-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by English365
I do agree with you on a couple things, but okay you have to look at it this way, you say traxxas is ALL about bashing, but look at losi, hotbodies, associated, kyosho, jammin, ofna, etc. Every company that has a RACE worthy trugg or bugg, make a line og RTR's, or bashing type car, ofna makes all the sport RTR 8th scales, hotbodies has there lighting series, losi has the new 810 out, and they have all the sport cars like the xxxt and what not, associated has the RS version, which comes RTR! With that being said, all companies have a bashing side, because they know what newbies want, they want something fast and cheap and something thats easy to drive!! But most compaines have a line out for the people that want to RACE and know what the hell they are doing!!!!

BUT WE CAN ALL AGREE TRAXXAS IS THE MOTHERFUCKING KING OF BASHING
That is exactly what I'm talking about! What you just said is the reason I started this thread! Traxxas is a house hold name! Why not grow some balls and make some real r/c vehicles! Just surprises me they haven't yet.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by losi_racer
ive spoken to many lhs and they all agree, there main customer are bashers and air plane guys.

i do, agree with air plane guys are the main customers for lhs hey as long as it keeps.. them open the only thing i can think why bashers break so much is they cant drive lol.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jomo918
That is exactly what I'm talking about! What you just said is the reason I started this thread! Traxxas is a house hold name! Why not grow some balls and make some real r/c vehicles! Just surprises me they haven't yet.
And to be honest man me to, I mean im sure they could be competitive with it. Like one man stated the revo dominated a while back before the TRUGGY came!! And i mean traxxas has the ability, look at the 4x4 its competitive, just because they havent came out with a RACE worthy vehicle doesnt mean there not capable, everybody starts somewhere! Before losi has the eight, they where pretty much bashing company!

Losi guy's don't flip tits on me, just stating it!!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Prophet

I do agree with you on a couple things, but okay you have to look at it this way, you say traxxas is ALL about bashing, but look at losi, hotbodies, associated, kyosho, jammin, ofna, etc. Every company that has a RACE worthy trugg or bugg, make a line og RTR's, or bashing type car, ofna makes all the sport RTR 8th scales, hotbodies has there lighting series, losi has the new 810 out, and they have all the sport cars like the xxxt and what not, associated has the RS version, which comes RTR! With that being said, all companies have a bashing side, because they know what newbies want, they want something fast and cheap and something thats easy to drive!! But most compaines have a line out for the people that want to RACE and know what the hell they are doing!!!!

BUT WE CAN ALL AGREE TRAXXAS IS THE KING OF BASHING

well, i know this is off topic but i know for a fact a slash can be competive with a hpi blitz or a sc10 i proven that its all about the driver.

but i do agree companys do have a line out for the racers.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Traxxas is a very important RC company for the industry. I brings in new people! There vehicle are generally cheap, and easy to use. Without them, a huge amount of people would not get into rc. I for example, started of with an XL-5 rusty. i later moved inot 1/8 losi truggy racing, but only because I started off with Traxxas first.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Muggydude
Traxxas is a very important RC company for the industry. I brings in new people! There vehicle are generally cheap, and easy to use. Without them, a huge amount of people would not get into rc. I for example, started of with an XL-5 rusty. i later moved inot 1/8 losi truggy racing, but only because I started off with Traxxas first.
Well I'm not saying there not important because they are, I'm just simply wondering why they don't make a race division with 1/8th scale vehicles? Just think of all those newbies that buy a traxxas as there first vehicle and then want to race, who would they most likely buy if they had a traxxas 1/8th scale buggy roller they could buy! But instead they have to buy a losi or hotbodies, or associated Etc.....
Old 11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Well I'm not saying there not important because they are, I'm just simply wondering why they don't make a race division with 1/8th scale vehicles? Just think of all those newbies that buy a traxxas as there first vehicle and then want to race, who would they most likely buy if they had a traxxas 1/8th scale buggy roller they could buy! But instead they have to buy a losi or hotbodies, or associated Etc.....
Agreed, and if they did have a buggy the newbies would buy them, and when the decide to race would already have a decnt car!!

But like that one guy said^^ he is compettive with the slash, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE DRIVER AND WHAT HE LIKES!!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The short answer to the question is that they don't have to.

With that being said Traxxas did, once apon a time, produce race quality rides and fielded a full race team much like the current race teams. Somewhere around the early to mid '90's. A 1/10th elec. buggy and truck if I remember right. They did very well against the other Mfg.'s at the time. Then for some reason (someone surely knows the reson), Traxxas decided to step away from the racing side of the hobby. From that time to when they came out with the T-Maxx, Traxxas was all but forgot about for the most part, with rumors that they were done as a Mfg. At the time, many believed the rumors as Traxxas had not really been on the radar in some time. With the advent of the T-Maxx, Traxxas was once again back on the hobby radar with people. This time around though it was built as a RTR and not a kit. Some felt that Traxxas was making a huge mistake going that route at the time. Mainly because no other Mfg. was bringing that kind of R/C to the market. We all know now that Traxxas took a gamble and came away huge. They have cornered the RTR market so to say and I think the reason other Mfg.'s have brought their RTR's is directly because of Traxxas. As others have said, bashers make up more of the hobby than racers. I would love to see Traxxas bring out a full race R/C again, but the market has plenty to choose from already and that is something that I am sure they look at. Like they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Old 11-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

With that being said Traxxas did, once apon a time, produce race quality rides and fielded a full race team much like the current race teams. Somewhere around the early to mid '90's. A 1/10th elec. buggy and truck if I remember right.
That is correct, I was on that team, although it was a very long time ago. The first big event for the TRX-1 car was the 1991 IFMAR Worlds in Detroit. Scott Montgomery took a top 5 finish in the finals and Traxxas seemed to be on their way to some serious racing success.

Their success was limited as the car was really suited to loamy tracks like Detroit and didn't perform as well on hardpack as the other cars. We were shortening the wheelbase and adding roll bars to get the car to not roll over in the corners and to pivot quicker. They did make a TRX-3 that was intended to be a competitive platform but shortly after it was released, Traxxas discovered the Radio Shack buyer that wanted just a little more and soon the Traxxas we have now was born.

Fortunately, Detroit was a very rough track and suited the Traxxas TRX-1 well. Even AE had a completely 1 off car built for that track. You can see it here:

http://www.robobugs.net/galleries/co...s-winning-rc10

The front arms and uprights look like more like a current 1/8 buggy than a 1991 1/10 car.

I hope Traxxas gets back in to it some day, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

With that being said Traxxas did, once apon a time, produce race quality rides and fielded a full race team much like the current race teams. Somewhere around the early to mid '90's. A 1/10th elec. buggy and truck if I remember right. They did very well against the other Mfg.'s at the time. Then for some reason (someone surely knows the reson), Traxxas decided to step away from the racing side of the hobby. From that time to when they came out with the T-Maxx, Traxxas was all but forgot about for the most part, with rumors that they were done as a Mfg. At the time, many believed the rumors as Traxxas had not really been on the radar in some time. With the advent of the T-Maxx, Traxxas was once again back on the hobby radar with people. This time around though it was built as a RTR and not a kit. Some felt that Traxxas was making a huge mistake going that route at the time. Mainly because no other Mfg. was bringing that kind of R/C to the market. We all know now that
Traxxas took a gamble and came away huge.
They have cornered the RTR market so to
say and I think the reason other Mfg.'s have
brought their RTR's is directly because of
Traxxas. As others have said, bashers make
up more of the hobby than racers. I would
love to see Traxxas bring out a full race R/C
again, but the market has plenty to choose
from already and that is something that I am
sure they look at. Like they say "if it ain't
broke, don't fix it"
Sorry..but the traxxas cars/trucks were NOT competitive on the national level back in the early 90's..some guys had limited success on the club level but as the quality of drivers went up the shortcomings of the cars/trucks came out. I was aproached by traxxas about 4 months before the nationals in 92..I did try the truck and the buggy..I gave them back....I wanted to make the A's..I did....just not using a traxxas..and to their credit they understood their position within the hobby, and now they ARE the major player in the industry, now on the racing..have you guys noticed (I can't be the only one) that the classes they have success in they invented..monster truck..SC..as more and more racing companies become involved in SC racing traxxas is losing their market share..only in the racing part..
Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Before losi has the eight, they where pretty much bashing company!

Losi guy's don't flip tits on me, just stating it!!
Losi was a race company a long time before they made a basher car. When Horizon bought Losi they started putting out basher material. Right now the 8ight, 8ight-T, and now the XXX-SCT are the only race platforms Losi has out. Losi is fighting hard to be like Traxxas.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

BUT WE CAN ALL AGREE TRAXXAS IS THE KING OF BASHING
I never said traxxas is all bashing i own 2 slash 4x4's a backslash and corr mod. I race both aswell and my backslash is raced in 1/8th e class and last week i was winning till i lost a rear drive line. i race my slash every weekend along with my d8 and love racing them but when it comes down to a jammin scrt theres no competition, its hard for me to keep up when they run real race gear lol. but for my other slash thats still a truck i ran it yesterday and finished second on a broken front hub and spindal and was happy.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bboard
Losi was a race company a long time before they made a basher car. When Horizon bought Losi they started putting out basher material. Right now the 8ight, 8ight-T, and now the XXX-SCT are the only race platforms Losi has out. Losi is fighting hard to be like Traxxas.
But losi has the best of both worlds Bashers and racers, So why dosent traxxas do the same is all I'm wondering!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Very cool do u have pics, I would love to see it!
I will get some up. i did it all on my own sence i couldnt find much help on web so its a prototype and will be changed more. It was an easy build i would say. All i did was get a triangular lexan cut 2 holes in and mounted on the front of the chassis and put a hole in the center of the lexan. After doing that i took the mounts off and removed 2 of the post and put a post on the lexan and used the screw to lock it down and for the rear i used another post but got a long screw and removed the rear end and gear cover. Then i ran the screw threw where the gear cover hole is on the chassis then put the gear covor back on and then screwing the post on over it all locking it all in place. Before putting the rear back on i cut my front bumper off a lil before the end and using the plastic for the bumper i cut a peace to mount the shock tower to the tower by sanwhiching it with the plastic i cut off the bumper. I cant remember the wing mount i used but it worked great but i know a ve8 mount works aswell. After all thet i cut off the rear bumper and mounted up a old mbx5r body i had layin around and boom i had a cool backslash. All set up with fast lane machinery 17mm adapters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.