Exceed 1/8 scale MadWarrior or Battalion Truggy

Exceed 1/8 scale MadWarrior or Battalion Truggy

Old 11-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Exceed 1/8 scale MadWarrior or Battalion Truggy

anyone ever use one of these?
Old 11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Initiate

If it is a choice between the two, I would personally go with the Exceed MadWarrior. The older Exceeds such as the Battalion are rebadged HSP vehicles while the newer MadSeries line are rebadged Nanda Racing vehicles, which most would agree are built using more durable materials. Also, I ask that you remember that, no matter what brand you buy, you will have to maintain the vehicle and replace parts. We all have our preferences but the truth is, all of the vehicles are very capable if the proper time is taken.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I say stay far away they are fragile for the price you would be better off with a OFNA RTR buggy. They are a WHOLE lot better, but if you have to have a truggy save your money. Go to your local hobby shop, if you have one and see what they have to offer you, they might even have some nice used truggies for a good price.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default VS

neither of the two!!! go fpr ofna picco rtr its way much better!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

buy a real car!! thats all I can tell
Old 11-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have never owned one but I drove one a few times. Over all it was not that bad. The only thing you would need to get immediately are tires and servos, but over all for under 300 bucks shipped I thought it to be a pretty good deal.

After driving it I thought about getting my son one but haven't yet, too many nice used rollers around
Old 12-23-2014, 01:11 AM
Tech Adept

has anyone ever heard of doing an e conversion on one of these Battalion truggies? I have a chance to pick one up that suposedly is well on its way and only needs electronics. I am just trying to figure out what would need to go where and what parts I would need to complete the project. I have the motor/esc that came out of my AE rc8.2e buggy that I would put in this. It has the original stock servo still installed. I wouldn't be racing this. I would just throw it together for fun if I can do it without putting a bunch of coin into the effort.