Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale toe gauge and setup tools

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 1/8th scale toe gauge and setup tools

ok i have a 2.0 8ight and it has the rtr box setup on it. i am trying to put adam drakes standard setup on it and i have some questions.

i cant find an 1/8th scale toe gauge and i was wondering what you guys do or use.

im gonna pick up a camber gauge and i have a set of calipers. oh and instead of spending $10 on a ride height gauge im just gonna measure a dowel or something the length of the ride height i want and just slide it under chassis.

thanks.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

i managed to find two SPRAY PAINT CAPS.....one 42mm (rear) and one 39mm(front) high. after setting the respective ride heights, i use them to SPACE the chassis height so that i can set the camber correctly.....do the (front) toe setting after doing the camber.........changing the camber affects the toe setting. at the track, i use a camber guage to do the toe setting. twith the receiver and transmitter on and trimmed correctly, i stick a short (straight) length of 2x4 up against up against the front tires. set the camber guage to a few degrees negative and hold it up against the 2x4.....this is a great way to get(independently) both front wheels for the proper toe out.....
Old 10-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyler hays
ok i have a 2.0 8ight and it has the rtr box setup on it. i am trying to put adam drakes standard setup on it and i have some questions.

i cant find an 1/8th scale toe gauge and i was wondering what you guys do or use.

im gonna pick up a camber gauge and i have a set of calipers. oh and instead of spending $10 on a ride height gauge im just gonna measure a dowel or something the length of the ride height i want and just slide it under chassis.

thanks.
A camber gauge and a piece of 2x2 angle iron can be used to check toe..
Old 10-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ok...when i get my camber gauge i will try it. if i cant figure it out i will get you guys to post up some pics.

thanks.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

it is really easy.. Settle the chassis, then slide the angle iron up to the front wheels. Lay the camber gauge down, and put the bottom against the angle iron, then touch it to wheel.. Adjust tie rod until it is at desired Toe Angle..

Make sure to turn on radio so servo holds the wheels still..