Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Duratrax Performance Tires >

Duratrax Performance Tires

Duratrax Performance Tires

Old 06-21-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by underway View Post
Look at amain or tower. $17.99 unmounted buggy tires for Duratrax. AKA/proline 18.99-19.99.

Maybe that is just for the Dinero pattern. But it didnt say mounted on the tower website.
Interesting, you seem to be correct. The Dinero's live up to their name!

Dinero's at $17.95 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDJLF&P=3

Regular threads at $12.75 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAUJS&P=3

It seems that all the clay compound tires cost significantly more than their traditional style tires.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by underway View Post
Look at amain or tower. $17.99 unmounted buggy tires for Duratrax. AKA/proline 18.99-19.99.

Maybe that is just for the Dinero pattern. But it didnt say mounted on the tower website.
On tower, Duratrax buggy tires mounted $18.75, unmounted $12.75. Proline Caliber or Holeshot 25.39 unmounted 30.99 mounted

Amain: Proline or AKA Mounted 27.99-30.99 unmounted 18.99-19.49

The Deniro is higher, maybe because it is new design ?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

The shotguns are absolutely fantastic on our super loose track. Even with it a damp it did not clog up the threads. The medium pin tire I was previously using clogged up all the time - very surprised at the results.

The pre-mount inserts seem to be fairly square however; I would have preferred a bit more rounding to the tire. This may boil down to driver preference.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Durability update: Several of the Duratrax guys have had a small rip on the sidewall. Only one other other tire has had an issue. We do have a couple roots that pop up from time to time on the track, but these tires appear to be prone to side tears compared to the competition. (All tires were pre-mounts.)
Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Old thread, but I had the truggy out at leisure hours hobbies a week ago, I ran X-Cons C2 compound pre-mounts, cold weather, VERY windy, first qual the track was blown out and the truck rocked, plenty of forward grip and side bite, it just held on, I was in 1st with a 8 second lead then I ran out of fuel with a minute to go . They watered for the main, so it was damp, still the truck had plenty of traction we had to stop early as it started to SNOW, and I still managed to place 2nd after getting hacked.

Another thing to note is I usually just bash the truggy, so I run it on the street and through the grass, I have about 20 tanks like that and the tires still look new, no sidewall issues like others have claimed, even one wheel tire fires and running it at sub 0 temps and no issues.
Also have C3 buggy lineups I tried on the inside clay track, and I remember them hooking up really well, but it's been a while since I used them.

For pre-mounts at least on 1/8 stuff I would not hesitate to buy them, I'm actually picking up a set of X-Cons for my 1/8 E-buggy since they worked so well on the truggy.

For everyone's info, I usually run JConcepts and AKA, so I am comparing these to top end tires.