Search

JConcept tires?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default JConcept tires?

Any good JConcept Tires for truggy?

Which models of JConcept tires compare to Proline and AKA. They seemed to be priced better.

Thoughts?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

What kind of surface? I run the Sevens and Double Dee's. Sevens if you want something like a caliber or cityblock, Double Dee's if you run a Holeshot/Gridiron
Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Their lineup is pretty good, they have big and small pin tires just like all the others. Cross Hairs are a big pin tire which is pretty safe, then you have the Double D's and Sevens for small pin. Personally I run the Sevens more than anything and then the Crosshairs, never ran Double D's. Blue compound is soft which is what I run the most and the wear seems to be excellent on them.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I run JC Half-Ups just about every where I go, and can't beleive how well they work on just about everything from a rough, sandy track to a hard track. Once there is a groove on the track I end up switching to a Pro-line Revolver or mini-pin tire.

The Half Ups kind if suprise me where they work, they "look" like they are not that versitle, but they do work real well in allot of places.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

The aboved mentioned are great tires as well as the JCons Cross Hairs also. I have a new set of soft compound will be selling mounted on Half up Rulux yellow rims with 0 Offset. I have some other brands as well some new in bags because I have a tire sponser and can't run them. JCons are great tires and have alot that work. PM me if you need any.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The main truggy tires are the CrossHairs and the 7's.

The Crosshairs work pretty much everywhere. They are a semi-large lug tire that works great from loose track conditions to blue groove. The tire is currently only offered in Yellow(Med) and Blue(soft) but our super soft compound should be available soon.

The 7's are amazing if you are running on a hard packed surface with quite a bit of traction. They are the best tire imaginable when the track starts to groove. Currently the tire is only available in Yellow(Med) and Blue(soft).

Hope this helps.

Marcus Black
Old 10-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

You will not find a cleaner mounting bead out there either! There is absolutely ZERO flashing to trim off of a JC tire. They mount up so nice!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Cross Hairs awesome tire for lose conditions
Old 10-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Didn't we just have this thread kinda?

Truggy Crosshairs in Blue work well, but lack a little forward bite compared to AKA Cityblocks.

JC Sevens are AWESOME all around and have exceptional wear characteristics compared to AKA Gridiron and PL Holeshots.

JC DoubleDee's are great for qualifying a lot of times.

I like the JC Blue compound quite a bit better than PL M3. AKA Soft is real similar in overall feel. I swap between AKA CityBlocks (soft) and JC Sevens (Blue) at most tracks I go to. One of those two will work.

I've tried the PL Caliber and just didn't like them at all.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...e-insight.html

Proline M3; AKA Soft and JC Blue are all real similar in overall grip.

Proline M4; AKA SuperSoft and JC Green are similar as well.

Aka and JC compounds both wear considerably better than PL.

PL Caliber - AKA CityBlock - JC Subcultures

PL Holeshot/Sniper - AKA Gridiron - JC DoubleDees (or) Sevens

PL Suburbs - AKA WishBone - JC Barcodes

PL CrimeFighter - AKA CrossBrace - JC Crowbar/Crossbow

JC Subcultures are a wild card though. They can work well from bluegroove to dry/hard/dusty (but not heavy loam). So when PL Holeshot/snipers/Calibers are working; the Subs can work well too.

If you like PL CrimeFighter/Bowtie combo, the JC Crow/Bow setup works similar. As does AKA CityBlock/Ibeams (CityBeams). AKA Crossbrace when run as a set is kinda "in-between" the aforementioned setups.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

The only two tires I keep in my box are Crosshairs and 7's in blue compound. I have yet to find a track that the Crosshairs do not work on from grooved tracks and 30* temps to loose tracks at over 100* they wear good and have great traction. When the track starts to take rubber however the Blue 7's are what I use, they feel alot more "in the track" ad have a ton of forward bite with out sacrificing side bite. Just my $.02
Old 10-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I too have two tires in my truggy arsenal. I use the JC crosshairs in blue compound, and Hot bodies megabytes in ping compound. I haven't run into a situation yet that one of these tires didnt work.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Initiate

It is hard to beat a JC Crosshair. It is Maifields favorite Truggy tire. He runs it on everything from a hard packed tire eating track, to wet loamy track conditions. The tire offers great traction and long life.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have 15 sets of one run JC Crosshairs and Sevens for sale if anyone is interested. They are all in good shape and have a lot of tread left on them. All of them are either mounter on JC or AE wheels. I am asking $45.00 per set shipped anywhere in the US. If you have any question or would like pictures, email me at [email protected]. thanks