Wiki Posts
Search

New car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default New car!

I am looking for a new buggy an I'm really confuse in witch is the best car, I want an mp9 tki2 or a serpent 811, I want to know what have you try and witch have the best value for the money... my budget can affor the mp9 but I'm not sure to pay 499.99 for the serpent or to pay 899.99 for the mp9, please help!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bad ass
I am looking for a new buggy an I'm really confuse in witch is the best car, I want an mp9 tki2 or a serpent 811, I want to know what have you try and witch have the best value for the money... my budget can affor the mp9 but I'm not sure to pay 499.99 for the serpent or to pay 899.99 for the mp9, please help!
There is no 'Best Car', ... I got the O'Donnell Z01B because it was tough as nails and race ready out of the box. I'm biased, of course, but a sponsored driver is just as biased as a non-sponsored driver when it comes to what they drive.

Most cars out there are VERY good. You really can't go wrong. Check out the SG though, if you have the chance. It's really a fantastic car, and quite affordable. ...and customer service is truly second to none.

Just for reference, a fellow team mate put the SG into the A-main this weekend at the 'Dave Mapston Memorial Race' in Spokane. He was up there running with the newest MP9's (which is a great car!) and Mugens, Agamas, and so on. It's world class, for certain!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Both are quality cars and are contenders in all aspects. Can't go wrong with either choice, personally I would choose one that someone is running at the track. If your track support is there for both cars then the choice is all yours.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Go for the mp9

It's expensive, but you can always get parts on ebay, and that will save you money down the road.....
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Run whatever has more setup and parts support at your local track. That will make your racing experiences a LOT more enjoyable.

It's always the $2.99 part that ends someone's race day.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

There sure seems to be a lot of chatter on the mp9. The carbuas been out for awhile and all of a sudden it's in every "which car should I buy" type thread. Is it really that good of a car I mean the parts are very expensive. I know it comes all race setup with option parts and all but t's still a kyosho and what I see at my local track is they tend to break. Just wondering why the k car is getting so much attention.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would honestly wait, at this point, for when Serpent provides all their changes in the new kits. Mainly the radio tray to fix the issues people have had with throttle servo failures. The car is very strong and is a very easy car to drive fast. Parts are becoming more and more readily available as well. Also, by the time you get the couple little option parts for the Serpent (like the rear arm mount to get 3* antisquat, sway bars, springs, etc), you'll still come in under the MP9 and have a great car.

Like what most people will say though... it really depends on what you have easily available to you. I can be biased and say Serpent just like Jon says a O'Donnell, but it's really what is not going to be a headache for you to get parts and help at your track.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
I would honestly wait, at this point, for when Serpent provides all their changes in the new kits. Mainly the radio tray to fix the issues people have had with throttle servo failures. The car is very strong and is a very easy car to drive fast. Parts are becoming more and more readily available as well. Also, by the time you get the couple little option parts for the Serpent (like the rear arm mount to get 3* antisquat, sway bars, springs, etc), you'll still come in under the MP9 and have a great car.

Like what most people will say though... it really depends on what you have easily available to you. I can be biased and say Serpent just like Jon says a O'Donnell, but it's really what is not going to be a headache for you to get parts and help at your track.
They are all headaches to get parts for ANY car in my area.
Losi(well except all the guys at the track running them) Team associated, ofna,xray, mugen,serpent,kyosho,agama,caster racing,Hot Bodies, and more.

I am also looking for a new buggy and truggy.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bad ass
what's wrong with the MP9 SE?
Old 10-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hmm

Originally Posted by Frank L
There sure seems to be a lot of chatter on the mp9. The carbuas been out for awhile and all of a sudden it's in every "which car should I buy" type thread. Is it really that good of a car I mean the parts are very expensive. I know it comes all race setup with option parts and all but t's still a kyosho and what I see at my local track is they tend to break. Just wondering why the k car is getting so much attention.
good point, it might have something to do with the fact that Kyosho has been making a great buggy for like 20 years. Tebo sweeps the nats, and so on. there are so many great buggies right now, it's awesome....
Old 10-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jon Moore
There is no 'Best Car', ... I got the O'Donnell Z01B because it was tough as nails and race ready out of the box. I'm biased, of course, but a sponsored driver is just as biased as a non-sponsored driver when it comes to what they drive.

Most cars out there are VERY good. You really can't go wrong. Check out the SG though, if you have the chance. It's really a fantastic car, and quite affordable. ...and customer service is truly second to none.

Just for reference, a fellow team mate put the SG into the A-main this weekend at the 'Dave Mapston Memorial Race' in Spokane. He was up there running with the newest MP9's (which is a great car!) and Mugens, Agamas, and so on. It's world class, for certain!

i heard somebody on here that a new truggy is coming out that is lighter and everything else ?

a odonnell truggy im talking about.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

The Kyosho is a great car as well as the serpent(but I would also wait until the revised radio tray is released)
Old 10-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i heard somebody on here that a new truggy is coming out that is lighter and everything else ?

a odonnell truggy im talking about.
There is a prototype "SG" truggy out there. It runs really well. I don't know if it is "lighter", I don't know what "everything else" encompasses, but I couldn't really care.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 071crazy
There is a prototype "SG" truggy out there. It runs really well. I don't know if it is "lighter", I don't know what "everything else" encompasses, but I couldn't really care.

i meant about if it has a lot of upgrades also so im guessing it wouldnt be out intill dem or so ?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

how about you go cheaper and get the Hara edition d8! Noth only is the car tough, it comes completly upgraded out of the box with a perfect set up. Comes with every up grade needed including aluminum hubs, and all light wight parts and a 3mm lightweight milled chassis. CANT GO WRONG!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.