NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*

Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

LMAO thx
Old 10-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

im pretty much still stock weight if anything over stock with shock tower and 112mm shocks. so kinda looking foward to getting the hara edition to compare lap times.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I did go to the HB web site and downloaded the manual. I wanted to take a close up look and to my suprise, several small changes can be seen. It appears to me that the suspension arms are braced better and they are offering the hockey stick tie-rod ends.Fuel tank and lid changes as well. Nothing major but changes are on the car that really aren't listed.
They pretty much built the same car that most of us racers have been driving the past year.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

see the DJC is also in the hara...I too would have thought the WCE would be included as well as the alum. servo horns...
Old 10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
Not to mention by the time you make your $450+ RC8B competitive you are running Kyosho this, Mugen that, and Losi this. Why can't AE actually produce a car that is designed to run their car with thier parts? Talk about ridiculous.

Like I said before I am not here to defend HB but if you are going to come on this HB thread hating....please get your facts straight.
What Kyosho, Mugen and losi parts are being run on the RC8B's?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
I have had 2 local AE guys fit a D8 tank into their buggys also
They put the d8 tanks in b/c of the clunk.
The D8 tank is not needed, I have had the rc8,rc8B and currently have the RC8T.
The RC8 RTR tanks were bad, I admit, my rc8B was never run and my RC8T can stay running upside down for as long as a couple minutes.
I know this cause when I wrecked my RC8T and most everyone else was off the track , chatting, working on cars, my truck stayed upside down running for 2 minutes till, My bro came over and turned it right side up after first flipping the other guys rc8 buggy.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007 View Post
What Kyosho, Mugen and losi parts are being run on the RC8B's?
try running TAMIYA you will have Mugen, Kyosho, AE, LOSI
Old 10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
see the DJC is also in the hara...I too would have thought the WCE would be included as well as the alum. servo horns...
if they included that then they would be having to send 3 with every kit, plastic is way cheaper... i know people that still run the plastic ones on the buggy with no problem... but i also would like to know why they arent including WCE axils, i know when i ran HB i broke a couple axils on the buggy, not the CVD joint thing but the axil its self
Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

anyone notice the upper shock mount? looks like they are useing 2 3mm button heads to hold the shocks on instead of the 1 long 3mm cap head screw.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

The upper shock mount are the same parts, just a different way of doing it using slightly different hardware. Instead of using a 25mm or so long cap head, you use maybe a 14mm cap head screw which threads 1/2 way or so into the upper shock bushing. Then use a button head screw & washer in place of the locknut.

Radio tray re-design, realistically this isn't going to happen. Unless if there is a problem large or frequent enough with molded parts that is a real problem, companies do not modify molds for plastic parts. Modifying molds can be as expensive as just making a whole new mold. Using my best guess I'd say the radio tray mold probably cost $10k+.

So to re-do the tray to add a bit of room for wires and the battery isn't worth the expense, which would in turn be put into a higher kit cost. If the tray broke really easily and/or made servos blow up all the time, then this type of problem is where companies will look into resolving the issue(s) with the molded part.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah i noticed that as well, I am not sure if i really like button head setup, the lock nut seems to work just fine and i dont have to worry about stripping it.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (99%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
if they included that then they would be having to send 3 with every kit, plastic is way cheaper... i know people that still run the plastic ones on the buggy with no problem... but i also would like to know why they arent including WCE axils, i know when i ran HB i broke a couple axils on the buggy, not the CVD joint thing but the axil its self
maybe because they are axles and not axil ?

Sorry bud.

Anyways this kit looks good!

Just what i need to get back into nitro, after pitting for everyone sunday in the mains i really want to get another Nitro buggy/truggy.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I hope it doesn't come with the new Hot bodies body(I must say that thing is hideous) Other than that the car looks good.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by fievel View Post
Yeah i noticed that as well, I am not sure if i really like button head setup, the lock nut seems to work just fine and i dont have to worry about stripping it.
Button heads= quicker mount changes for setup testing and less mud digging when you flip.

Also i compared the arms to a new set and they are the same in the manual for the Hara edition.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

so what do you guys think street price will be for this kit

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.