Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Petrol or Nitro? >

Petrol or Nitro?

Petrol or Nitro?

Old 10-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Petrol or Nitro?

i'm going to buy an rc car, but i'm unsure whats better between petrol or nitro. All i know is petrol is usually more expensive to buy but cheaper to run. give me your opinions, it would be a great help!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tunafish789 View Post
i'm going to buy an rc car, but i'm unsure whats better between petrol or nitro. All i know is petrol is usually more expensive to buy but cheaper to run. give me your opinions, it would be a great help!
nitro = more maintance.

If you just want to have fun etc get a petrol car. hpi have some nice 1/5's even redcat have a good one. but nothing beats hpi's baja's they are lean, mean, fast and a tough fighting machine

the baja 5T will probably be your best bet. its as tough as nails and brings some awesome power and speed with it, plus you got to love how the sexy thing looks.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
nitro = more maintance.
That depends...... Both cars will be dirty and do need cleaning..

I would rather say: Nitro is more action and this video says it al (2nd part)
http://www.kyosho.de/download.php?di...le=inferno.wmv
Old 04-15-2013, 03:49 AM
Suspended

I have never owned a petrol, to big for my taste but a nitro is very reliable if you can tune it and break it in properly best thing to do would be to do a general search on google about nitro RCs and petrol RCs.

Regards.
Andy.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
nitro = more maintance.

If you just want to have fun etc get a petrol car. hpi have some nice 1/5's even redcat have a good one. but nothing beats hpi's baja's they are lean, mean, fast and a tough fighting machine

the baja 5T will probably be your best bet. its as tough as nails and brings some awesome power and speed with it, plus you got to love how the sexy thing looks.
'But nothing beats hpi's bajas'

Ill be the first to object, losi 5T would drive circles around the baja in every category. How do I know? I have both n I wish I woulda NEVER spent as much as I did trying to get that hunk to feel better. I put every performance part on it, got a modded engine and spent all my money tuning it up, By my second lap with the stock losi 5 on my 5th scale track I was already night and day faster. The durability is like an 8th scale, the handling is like an 8th scale. In the hip defense tho we are comparing 2wd to the losi being 4wd and that makes all the difference because 2wd is a pain for me to control. I still don't know why hpi left that door open when they controlled 5th scale, everyone wanted it and expressed that to hpi but they wanted to cash in on there 2wd first and make big bucks step by step bringing out more updated 2wd baja buggy and trucks, losi just stepped up and gave everyone what they wanted and the response pretty much blew hpi's product out of the water. Stupid business strategy.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

+1000 the Losi will drive circles around the Baja...
Old 04-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool

this thread is 3 years old btw