Wiki Posts
Search

I am looking for a 1/8 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I am looking for a 1/8 buggy

Time for a change i have a 1/8 truggy i want to try a buggy now, what are your recommendations. Thanks
Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

THE Car
Old 10-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The same brand and model as your truggy.. Parts will interchange..
Old 10-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
The same brand and model as your truggy.. Parts will interchange..
+1
whats your price range
Old 10-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

i'm also in the same search of getting a new buggy, from what i've being looking around i'm even more confused now. i first wanted a losi 2, and now i'm not shure between the new 811 serpent batch, the kyosho mp9, the jq (THE CAR), and durango dnx408, if any of you could give us some feed back i will apprecate it too.

the thing is on this kind of threads is that theres never any clonclusion besides get what you want to get, so driving experiences will be very usefull
Old 10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by mc_chofo
i'm also in the same search of getting a new buggy, from what i've being looking around i'm even more confused now. i first wanted a losi 2, and now i'm not shure between the new 811 serpent batch, the kyosho mp9, the jq (THE CAR), and durango dnx408, if any of you could give us some feed back i will apprecate it too.

the thing is on this kind of threads is that theres never any clonclusion besides get what you want to get, so driving experiences will be very usefull
I would get a Mugen MBX6 or AE RC8B
MP9 cost way to much and the Durango and JQ cars are too new for me to want to get one.
You have to find what matches your driving styles, buggies are a different breed of racing machine. No 2 are alike, some liked to be pushed some dont, some like it rough and some dont (you get it). To me its not about what looks good its what I can drive the fastest.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by koopesv
I would get a Mugen MBX6 or AE RC8B
MP9 cost way to much and the Durango and JQ cars are too new for me to want to get one.
You have to find what matches your driving styles, buggies are a different breed of racing machine. No 2 are alike, some liked to be pushed some dont, some like it rough and some dont (you get it). To me its not about what looks good its what I can drive the fastest.

totally get it, that why i'm also asking you to feed back the driving styles of your cars, a year ago i got an xb808, but never felt confortable with it but i did with the losi 2.0, which is more my driving style but i would like something i could push a little bit more than the losi one.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Why get the same as ny truggy its still intact and I will still be using it... I want something that's fast and tuff. I'm doing bashing now not sure if I will get into raciing or when
Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by wantboost
Why get the same as ny truggy its still intact and I will still be using it... I want something that's fast and tuff. I'm doing bashing now not sure if I will get into raciing or when
intech BR-5....
http://www.intechracing.com/products...hp?cid=2&pid=1
VERY NICE BUGGY
Old 10-15-2010, 08:59 PM

ok...You say that you like the way a Losi drives...me too. I just recently switched to mugens back in Feb from Losi 2.0. The mbx6t which is the truggy, feels super planted or you can set it up to drift it too! Best of both worlds there. The MBX6T is great in the rough stuff also and very durable like the losi. The mbx6 Mugen buggy drives quite like the Losi 2.0 but the Mugen likes to be Flogged. The harder you drive it, it seems to drive better, it will straighten itself out and the rear doesnt indo on you on those hard landings. At least for me anyways, but setup has alot to do with this. The Mugen doesnt break loose in the rear end as much as the Losi either. If you like to push your driving style to get faster then I would say the Mugen. If slow is fast for you and you dont over steer and have a happy throttle finger then you might like the 2.0 or the HB D8. All of these are great buggies, just find which one fits your driving style. Hope this helps you a bit. - Ryan
Old 10-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Ryan in fact you did, thank you. that's what i'm looking for that kind of driving, have you had the oportunity to compare the mugen mbx 6 against the serpent one? i haven't even seen on track, for from what i've read seams the kind of car that fits my driving style, the mugen; so do you know the kind of driving style is the 811? 'cause that one is my other option and now ofcourse the mugen is.

thanx
Old 10-16-2010, 12:12 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

GS Racing CLX PRO US SPEC..
Old 10-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Im likin my D8 but if i were to change its THE CAR By Jq, MBX6 By Mugen possibly RC8B.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Beagle32
ok...You say that you like the way a Losi drives...me too. I just recently switched to mugens back in Feb from Losi 2.0. The mbx6t which is the truggy, feels super planted or you can set it up to drift it too! Best of both worlds there. The MBX6T is great in the rough stuff also and very durable like the losi. The mbx6 Mugen buggy drives quite like the Losi 2.0 but the Mugen likes to be Flogged. The harder you drive it, it seems to drive better, it will straighten itself out and the rear doesnt indo on you on those hard landings. At least for me anyways, but setup has alot to do with this. The Mugen doesnt break loose in the rear end as much as the Losi either. If you like to push your driving style to get faster then I would say the Mugen. If slow is fast for you and you dont over steer and have a happy throttle finger then you might like the 2.0 or the HB D8. All of these are great buggies, just find which one fits your driving style. Hope this helps you a bit. - Ryan
sounds like i will go for the mugen...so how does the odonnell & rc8 compare to the mugen / losi?

Last edited by wantboost; 10-24-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beagle32
i don't own a d8 but i have been considering getting one but one of the biggest reasons was b/c people have been telling me that its nothing like the losi and likes to be pushed and very forgiving

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.