Serpent S811-T Truggy... >

Serpent S811-T Truggy...

Like Tree22Likes

Serpent S811-T Truggy...

Old 06-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
Hey chad or schreff I race at hobby hut and I'm planning on buying a 811t when I return from my honeymoon. My question is what diff and shock fluids should I start with. Also any option parts the I may need. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get home to race been raining here in Puerto Rico since I landed.
as far as diff goes 5-7-3 shock oils 30wt front and rear , 2.7 rear bar
Old 06-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
Hey chad or schreff I race at hobby hut and I'm planning on buying a 811t when I return from my honeymoon. My question is what diff and shock fluids should I start with. Also any option parts the I may need. Lastly r all the parts missing in the first batch in the new kits available now? Thanks in advance. Can't wait to get home to race been raining here in Puerto Rico since I landed.
i ran 7/7/3 in my truggy 35wt front 1.3 6 hole black piston. and 1.2 6 hole black piston rear with 30wt

i am runing the stock bars.

you need a hevey servo saver spring its a must.

ok ever one loving 5/5/3

the diff oils cook after about 3 tanks it cooks the center so i up them to 7/7 and they seem to be holding up better.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

I can't wait till next weekend, I'll get to see porkchops truck in person! I feel like a tween girl going and watching a boy band!! Hope I'm not disappointed.

On a more serious note, I've got a little over a gallon on one of these trucks, and though I haven't settled on a setup yet as the truck reacts to setup changes more than any truck I've driven I can say from stock I'm not pleased with the diff and shock packages. Maybe on higher traction tracks they work better but on the looser tracks I've run on, I seem to be waiting on the truck a lot and it had no where near enough steering to be competitive. Luckily I race in an area that truck is still very popular and in some instances more popular than buggy. I agree with Chops, 5 is way to light in the center if you want to push the truck at all. I went up to 6 and it wasn't much better. 7 is in it for the next race, but I really think 10 is where I'm going to be on center diff fluid. In the front I've tried the stock 5, 7, 10, and 20. Out of the 4 20 was my favorite. Also changed to the short link on the front hub, low on the tower, and reposistion the rear link as well. 2* anti squat with 3* toe helped me push the truck like I wanted to along with long wheel base for stability, shorter when I needed rear grip. All in all I think it's the best truck on the market, but I really can't wait to get back on the track and try more setup items. There is still a lot of stuff to explore on this truck and way more potential in it. In closing I also agree with Chops, the stock servo saver should not have been included in the kit.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

[QUOTE=kd2777;9209781]

along with long wheel base for stability, shorter when I needed rear grip.QUOTE]

Im new to running a truck where setup is so involved..is this correct longer gives you more stability but does it loose rear traction?? Everything in Florida is hardpacked and a lil loose till we get a groove so im looking for the more rear bite i can get Thanks for the help
Old 06-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

[QUOTE=GMS_Racing;9211966]
Originally Posted by kd2777 View Post

along with long wheel base for stability, shorter when I needed rear grip.QUOTE]

Im new to running a truck where setup is so involved..is this correct longer gives you more stability but does it loose rear traction?? Everything in Florida is hardpacked and a lil loose till we get a groove so im looking for the more rear bite i can get Thanks for the help
Run middle or short then.....longer does loose rear grip.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Theres a race I may want to attend on the 18th, so I was thinking of getting the serpent Truggy for it. What additional parts do I need for the Truggy? Do I need the opt 2 steering and the rear alum center roll brace? Anything else?

Thx
Old 06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Also where is the cheapest I can get this shipped to my door?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMS_Racing View Post
As jzemaxx said you will want to run a shorter wheelbase. We lengthened the wheelbase to the rear a few weeks ago because the track was all high speed and didn't require much of any rear grip. So moving it back helped stabilize it in the high speed turns.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
Theres a race I may want to attend on the 18th, so I was thinking of getting the serpent Truggy for it. What additional parts do I need for the Truggy? Do I need the opt 2 steering and the rear alum center roll brace? Anything else?

Thx
Pretty much running them stock right now. We haven't seen the need for anything else yet. I would imagine as setups develop we will find different things that work but right now the box stock settings are proving very quick. If you are on low grip and are diffing out alot then you may need to up your diff fluids. Some of us are liking bigger holes pistons to soften up the damping a bit as well but you get pistons of various sizes in the kit.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Had a good look today at one, i do like the look of it, the only thing concerning me is the strength, but by the look of it no one on here seem to have an issue which is good.

One thing i did notice was the front drive shaft was rubbing on the side of the CVD as it sits in the hub, it only looked to do it on full lock, anyone else noticed this.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teeforb View Post

Thx
hard servo saver spring only
Originally Posted by Ross71 View Post
Had a good look today at one, i do like the look of it, the only thing concerning me is the strength, but by the look of it no one on here seem to have an issue which is good.

One thing i did notice was the front drive shaft was rubbing on the side of the CVD as it sits in the hub, it only looked to do it on full lock, anyone else noticed this.
the guy may of had the shafts build wrong
you can look thought here and see how they go i cant rember lol
Old 06-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by porkchop View Post

Can someone point me to a good setup sheet? Large outdoor dry loose.

Also, does the Truggy come with alum chassis brace?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)

comes with plastic chassis braces. Dont think u need aluminum ones. On a side note is everyone still running droop the same as the manual?
Old 06-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by porkchop View Post

what's the spring part number? Is it same for buggy?

EDIT. nevermind, i got it.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

my hobby shop was outa 7950 hitec's so im takin a survey is 320oz of torque enough for the truggy for steering?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service