Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0? >

Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Euro tracks are so different. Here's a pic of the track from the RC Pro State Finals in Austin this past weekend. Pretty typical of our style of track. Also a link to some great photos of the event. Bummed I couldn't make it due to family conflicts.
http://hammelphoto.smugmug.com/Categ...s-State-Finals
Attached Thumbnails Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?-rcp-2010finals-track.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Lot of people at one of the tracks in this area are tired of unstoppable weeds and almost zero traction so the track owner is thinking about going carpet like the turf style, it would be the whole track not just a part of it, how do you think that would turn out?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've noticed its pretty common in europe to have tracks with carpets, does it need more maintainence or same as dirt?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xjqkz
I've noticed its pretty common in europe to have tracks with carpets, does it need more maintainence or same as dirt?
Personally i don't like carpet tracks. Offroad is offroad and there has to be dirt. When you drive on carpet track the traction is so high that i would call it onroad. I'm not involved in track maintenance but carpet seems to be a surface that you don't have to care about. The problem with it starts when it comes to covering jumps. It will tear quite fast because of chassis hitting it.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

I've run 1/18 on carpet before, and the traction is ridonkulous, didn't matter what tires we used. What Donat said is right, we called it "onroad with jumps" LOL. Fun for a bit, but still not dirt. xjqkz, y'all could go UK style and just let the grass grow in and run on that.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by cjtamu
Euro tracks are so different. Here's a pic of the track from the RC Pro State Finals in Austin this past weekend. Pretty typical of our style of track. Also a link to some great photos of the event. Bummed I couldn't make it due to family conflicts.
http://hammelphoto.smugmug.com/Categ...s-State-Finals

wow thats a big track and techinal

i posted my pics of my truggy on here on the page before this.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Unhappy losi 1.0

i would die to run a track that awsome. anyways can someone please give me the pros and cons of runing the short ackerman bar. been thinking of trying it. and on my 2.ot i also have less right stering than left but my 1.0 is normal. what is this about?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by delane74
i would die to run a track that awsome. anyways can someone please give me the pros and cons of runing the short ackerman bar. been thinking of trying it. and on my 2.ot i also have less right stering than left but my 1.0 is normal. what is this about?

i have less steering on the left of my 1.0 t but maybe its something to do with the steering saver spring or the long rack .

as for the short rack, its less forgiving but boy does it give you more turn in and equal throw it is better on a short offroad track that has tight turns not so sure about a layout that is a flowing euro type track.

if you want to use it you maybe want to mount the bumpsteer down to smooth it out or reduce your dual rate its quick lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

not ready to give my 1.0 up yet!!!! love smokin the 2.0's...lol
Attached Thumbnails Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?-losi-008.jpg   Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?-losi-009.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by inferno13
not ready to give my 1.0 up yet!!!! love smokin the 2.0's...lol

yes sir nice bodys i posted my 1.0 t on this tread on the page before this.

im still using the 1.0 t body lol what springs do you use ? hows the white springs on the rear and green 2.3 work on a rough rutty track ? if you know

Last edited by tc5 man; 10-20-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yes sir nice bodys i posted my 1.0 t on this tread on the page before this.

im still using the 1.0 t body lol what springs do you use ? hows the white springs on the rear and green 2.3 work on a rough rutty track ? if you know
right now i have purple in rear black in front, this is what it looks like at the moment...lol, getting ready for new mill and tft chassis
Attached Thumbnails Anyone still competetive with an 8T 1.0?-losi01-007.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by inferno13
right now i have purple in rear black in front, this is what it looks like at the moment...lol, getting ready for new mill and tft chassis

i dint like the purple springs i mean they worked good for me when the track was smoother but when it got into a rutty rough condition it was bounceing around to much and sliding.

im going to try green on the front and maybe silver or white on the rear.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

You should have equal steering on both sides no matter what car you're driving. After everything is set up, go into your steering EPA or steering balance or whatever your radio calls it. Turn the wheels to the left and adjust the EPA until you get full steering, then do the same on the right. You want it to go all the way to the stops, but you want the servo to stop pulling when it gets there. I usually get full lock then back off 5% to be safe. After it's set, you can use your dual rate to get les steering if needed. Unless you have a radio that doesn't allow you to set EPA individually, if you can't get equal steering on both sides, then you have something wrong somewhere.

Car looks good Inferno. Check your PM's.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Bump for today just to keep this alive. Here's the track we're running tomorrow. Lot of fun, fast, nice flow. Hadn't raced in about 6 months until I took my truggy out here a few weeks ago, but it was great on this track. Gonna break the buggy out too, time to shake some rust off and get ready to start racing again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzXDi...layer_embedded

LOL. This was the first race on a new layout so the early driving is a little sketchy, it gets better.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Okay kids, here's a good one. I managed to rip all 4 body posts off my truggy in the main this weekend. I knew they were about 1/2 stripped so I tightened them before the main. Started rocking the Pacman body when the fronts came loose just before the first pit, and the body came completely off with about 2:30 left. Thought I'd torn the body or something, but when we finished and I looked, all the clips were intact and the posts were attached to the underside of the body LOL. I've now gone to 3/4" 4-40 screw with a locknut, just drilled out the back side of the post. Just a little tip in case anyone else ever does the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.