Wiki Posts
Search

Simple Green...Green Works?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Simple Green...Green Works?

Since I can't find Simple Green around my area I got a bottle of Clorox Green Works. The ingredients are different but I was wondering if anyone has tried it for cleaning our nitro cars.

http://www.greenworkscleaners.com/cl...il.php?id=ngsc

Green Works: Filtered water, coconut-based cleaning agent, soda ash, corn-based ethanol, glycerin and fragrance with essential oil.

Simple Green:water, surfactants (surface-active-agents), wetting agents, emulsifiers, green colorant and fragrance
Old 10-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Never tired it, even have some here at the house. You don't have a Home Depot or Lowes near you. You can buy it buy the gallon there.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

you must be in bfe cause they sell simple green everywhere around here. i have tried almost all cleaners and the only thing that comes close to simple green is diluted dish soap in a spray bottle, but just not close enough.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You can go to Dollar Tree and buy their organic cleaner also, or the 99 cents only stores. They work just as good and don't hurt anything just don't spray it right into your bearings and make sure you shoot the bearings with WD-40 or kalgard 30/30 after you dry it. I've been using cheap alternatives for cleaners for a year now and have the same success as I did with Simple Green for allot less money.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This stuff kicks simple green in the nads, imo - http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/htm...ld_Orange.html

They're $1 at the dollar store. Spray it on a nitro/dirt caked body, wait 10 seconds and it all rinses off clean, no scrubbing at all. Great for body prep and all kinds of stuff. It somehow makes old tape and dusty decal edges tacky again.

**Edit**

Jaz240 and I are basically talking about the same stuff. The awesome orange is a wicked degreaser.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM
dam
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Look back by the automotive or hardware cleaners at Walmart. I know you have one of those close by.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The greenworks is just as good for cleaning I have used it a few times when I ran out of simple green. It doesn't do the job of softening up tires a little bit when cleaned like simple green does however. You do gota let the greenworks sit for just a tad longer to get it to work as well though.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

give this a try

http://www.lowes.com/pd_242634-58116...purple%2Bpower
Old 10-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sweet! Thanks for all the replies! I was looking in the general cleaning section of all the stores around so I'll have to check the auto section next time around!

I was mainly concerned about if it was a corrosive. Don't want to have my car melt on me now haha
Old 10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Pledge is also another great product for cleaning. Look at Wal-Mart for Simple Green
Old 10-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok here it goes. I am sorta neurotic when it comes to simple green. Some guy many months ago posted that simple green had some agents that could alter plastic.

I used simple green for quite awhile. I ran out and never bought it again and have been using Kal Guard degreaser. Now the neurotic part. I have broken far less plastics now that I have not used it in quite some time.

I know it sounds crazy and there is probably nothing wrong with simple green but I am not going to find out. I know many people who use it and love it. In fact it does a really good clean job.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanem121
Pledge is also another great product for cleaning. Look at Wal-Mart for Simple Green
+1 Simple Green and Pledge here, works awesome.

Last edited by nothin special; 10-12-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: fix wording
Old 10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

BE CAREFULL with purple power, you better dilute it,this chit takes paint off if you use it straight!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
Since I can't find Simple Green around my area I got a bottle of Clorox Green Works. The ingredients are different but I was wondering if anyone has tried it for cleaning our nitro cars.

http://www.greenworkscleaners.com/cl...il.php?id=ngsc

Green Works: Filtered water, coconut-based cleaning agent, soda ash, corn-based ethanol, glycerin and fragrance with essential oil.

Simple Green:water, surfactants (surface-active-agents), wetting agents, emulsifiers, green colorant and fragrance
I brought it thinking it would be similar but its not, Simple Green is WAY better
Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rotarynut
BE CAREFULL with purple power, you better dilute it,this chit takes paint off if you use it straight!!!

This stuff is bad. I've been using it for atleast 10 years now. It was perfect for my dirtbikes, kept them looking new. I didn't even have to put a rag on them, just spray it down with purple power and rinse off with water and I was done.

I tried using it full strength on a RC car years ago and it stripped all of the anodizing right off. I couldn't believe it. I now dilute it heavily so it's about the same strength as straight simple green.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.