Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
t-maxx 3.3 won't run >

t-maxx 3.3 won't run

t-maxx 3.3 won't run

Old 10-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default t-maxx 3.3 won't run

i have a t-maxx 3.3 i got second that will not stay running it won't start unless i put a little fuel right in the carb then just runs til the bowl runs out i've changed the gas tank because it had a crack in it thinking it didn't have enuff pressure to pump gas to carb i've tried primeing it numerous times no luck although i can remove line from carb and prime all the gas into a bottle of course the guy i got it from said it worke fine for him i've replaced the glow plug i'm thinkin the engine doesn't have enuff compression to keep it primed to the carb any info would be appreciated thank you in advance
Old 10-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

try replacing fuel line
Old 10-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

First off try turning the engine over by hand slowly. if there in no/little effort needed to turn it over, its done for. But if it is hard to turn over then you need to clean the carb.

In which case pull the carb off the engine and take it apart and clean every part with carb cleaner or motor spray. Then try again.

Good luck
Old 10-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Rookie

i can spin the engine pretty easy by hand cept for one spot i'm guessing at that spot is the top of the up stroke before it starts going down
Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

is the high speed needle screwed all the way in. if fuel flows free thru the line and the motor runs if u manually prime it by fuel in the carb,imo tells me that there is a clog in the carb somewhere that not letting fuel in thru the high speed need take it off clean it and try again like stated above
do u have ur pressure line on that goes from the pipe to the tank
Old 10-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

all lines are in correct spot hsn is not all the in is 3 turns out guess i'll try to clean the carb thanks for all the help
Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 3.3

I would first check to see if you have the spring on the clutch shoes, if you don't have a spring on the clutch shoes the engine will not idle good enough to tune as the clutch will engage at a low rpm and that will put drag on the engine and stall it out if no throttle is applied, then reset the lsn and hsn to brake in settings that should get you running if the engine is still good, also I found for my trx 3.3 tmaxx that a little longer fuel tube on my tank to tune pipe helped get more pressure to push the fuel into the carb. I don't know if this will help you out but it is what worked for me
Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You say it wont prime itself ? that would indicate a possible blockage in the carb itself.....take a piece of fuel tubing and Blow into the carb and see if you can feel/hear air making its way through the needles.