Why is everyone selling their DX3R

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is everyone selling their DX3R

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

I had to get rid of my DX3r . I was getting runaways from time to time . Everytime it happened I put a new receiver in and it was fine for a couple of months.

Last time it happened I had just installed my OS 28xz and was running it and the car shot off and cartwheeled over the tyre wall and drove off into a feild where it ended up on its roof ,screaming its tits off until POP!! OS 28 ruined .

the failsafe was set for neutral but because the receiver had taken a bitch fit .

A few guys local to me now run the older DX3.0 receivers in thier DX3Rs and have had no issues since . Also ive never seen anybody have a problem with a DX3s.

I bought a sanwa/airtronics M11X instead and love it like a puppy
Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

140+ hours on my 3pk and it still works perfect. I dont use FASST as I had to many issues with it going into thermal shutdown, I put in a spektrum module and never looked back.

The DX3R has all the features you could ask for but when your 6'5" 260lbs, that little tiny radio just doesnt feel right. I even have my 3pk handle wrapped with hockey tape to make it fit my big stupid hands better.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Does it have ABS brakes or what ever everyone else have? That one thing i like about my futuba.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by token
Does it have ABS brakes or what ever everyone else have? That one thing i like about my futuba.
abs brakes?....do people really use that?....ive been running the Airtronics mx sport 2.4 for about a year now and love it...$79.99 @ hobby people when i bought it!...it has the abs function but i don not use it
Old 10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catch 22
Also ive never seen anybody have a problem with a DX3s.

\:
I have been having problems with my DX3s glitching here and there lately. I lose control for just a split second or so. I have the radio's failsafe setup to apply full brake and turn left. It happened to me a few times in practice and I thought it was just a bad spot in the track. After about the third time I realized it was my failsafe kicking in. It only lasts for a second or so, but it's often enough that it's starting to scare me and make me want to get another radio.

It did it the other day to when I set my car down after starting it up for the first time. I gave it a little throttle and it didn't stop when I let off. I lost all steering and throttle control for just a second or 2 and then it was fine from then on.

the more I think about it, it seems like it's been doing it for awhile, but it's so quick that I just think I never realized what it was doing before and thought I was just screwing up while I was driving.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Awe come on man a ko radio is a mans radio don't let it intimidate you.
Intimidate me....

Ya, like burning poopy in a paper bag.....

It's not that bad... lol Provided it works, that's all that really matters. All I know is I still have my M8 with specky mod and works fine. If the 3R fails or acts up, it'll be coming out for something else....
Old 10-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
ABS? Why? I ran ABS for a little bit back when I used an airtronics radio. I liked it a lot until I stopped using it and realized how much better normal brakes were. All ABS is doing is stressing your servo more than necessary.

Originally Posted by bevofrancis
I have been having problems with my DX3s glitching here and there lately. I lose control for just a split second or so. I have the radio's failsafe setup to apply full brake and turn left. It happened to me a few times in practice and I thought it was just a bad spot in the track. After about the third time I realized it was my failsafe kicking in. It only lasts for a second or so, but it's often enough that it's starting to scare me and make me want to get another radio.

It did it the other day to when I set my car down after starting it up for the first time. I gave it a little throttle and it didn't stop when I let off. I lost all steering and throttle control for just a second or 2 and then it was fine from then on.

the more I think about it, it seems like it's been doing it for awhile, but it's so quick that I just think I never realized what it was doing before and thought I was just screwing up while I was driving.
Have you tried re-binding the radio/receiver? That could be the solution right there. Also make sure you don't have any wiring issues, put a new switch in and check your receiver's antenna for cuts.

I would also suggest setting your failsafe to neutral for a couple reasons. One being if it does go into failsafe on the track you won't be locking the brakes up in a bad spot(say the middle of the straight with 3 screaming demons behind you). And also if you happen to leave your electronics switched on with the radio off by accident you won't burn out your throttle servo from it sitting at full brake for a half hour.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

isnt the DX3S the same technology as the DX2.0 or DX3.0? the DX3R is better technology and all. i know my DX2.0 did that all the time and it would go to fail safe on certain parts of tracks for a split second then kick back.... i have a M11 with the spektrum model and it was doing that for two weeks and finally i took the module out and blew it out and put it together and havent had a problem since, to bad its not that easy of a fix for the DX3S
Old 10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

that sounds like its your reciever pack,not the remote....i had the same issue...bought a new reciever battery and bamn...no more random glitches
Old 10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

900 plus hours on my dx3r and never a hitch. It is getting ready for a tune up though.

One of the best features of the radio is the parameter reset. You a literally calibrating the pots the actual travel in the throttle and brake. If you guys haven't done this you should give it try. I do mine quite often
Old 10-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CaseyP
900 plus hours on my dx3r and never a hitch. It is getting ready for a tune up though.

One of the best features of the radio is the parameter reset. You a literally calibrating the pots the actual travel in the throttle and brake. If you guys haven't done this you should give it try. I do mine quite often
X2 Very cool feature!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Have you tried re-binding the radio/receiver? That could be the solution right there. Also make sure you don't have any wiring issues, put a new switch in and check your receiver's antenna for cuts.

I would also suggest setting your failsafe to neutral for a couple reasons. One being if it does go into failsafe on the track you won't be locking the brakes up in a bad spot(say the middle of the straight with 3 screaming demons behind you). And also if you happen to leave your electronics switched on with the radio off by accident you won't burn out your throttle servo from it sitting at full brake for a half hour.
cant you cut the antenna shorter and its no biggy?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
cant you cut the antenna shorter and its no biggy?
Yeah but that doesn't mean an exposed piece of antenna wire wouldn't cause a glitch.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP

Hey Case.

On the reset, I'll assume this requires you to reset everything from EPA to trims to failsafe, correct?

I saw it briefly in the manual but haven't messed with it.

When do you guys determine it's time to re-cal?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by itbvolks
Hey Case.

On the reset, I'll assume this requires you to reset everything from EPA to trims to failsafe, correct?

I saw it briefly in the manual but haven't messed with it.

When do you guys determine it's time to re-cal?
The parameter reset doesn't require that you reset any of your settings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.