Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
avg speed of 1/8 buggy? >

avg speed of 1/8 buggy?

avg speed of 1/8 buggy?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

driving smooth/no crashing is fast.....some guys never grasp that "simple to understand" concept.

As for top speed in 1/8 gascar with optimum tune, NOT that impressive.....1/8EP however is rediculous fast.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I saw a guy a couple years ago that won a 30 min main and rolled every jump he never made a double and just put putted around the track. Everyone else was crashing and he just went right buy. He never crashed and I bet he never broke 15-20mph. I don't think I could do it I gotta fly in the air bit if I didn't see it I would not have believed it.
You definately get around the track faster on your wheels than on your lid
Old 10-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frank L
I saw a guy a couple years ago that won a 30 min main and rolled every jump he never made a double and just put putted around the track. Everyone else was crashing and he just went right buy. He never crashed and I bet he never broke 15-20mph. I don't think I could do it I gotta fly in the air bit if I didn't see it I would not have believed it.
My 10yr old son got first place in pro 2 sct doing the same thing, he rolled the jumps while everyone else was trying to jump and crashed. he learned then that faster is not always better... It's staying on your wheels....