R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   MY NEXT MOTOR FOR 2011!!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/440105-my-next-motor-2011-a.html)

inferno13 10-03-2010 08:44 PM

MY NEXT MOTOR FOR 2011!!!!

Hi all, looking for a good engine for the 2011 race year!!!! have been doing alot of reading on here and kinda overwhelming really!! my choices are odonnal .21, reedy .21, werks .21, novarossi always a option! they will be going in losi truggy and buggy 2.0. just looking for opinions on these 4 engines mentioned. ive had all the others. please give your input! thanks

deadmancourt 10-03-2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by inferno13 (Post 8020772)
Hi all, looking for a good engine for the 2011 race year!!!! have been doing alot of reading on here and kinda overwhelming really!! my choices are odonnal .21, reedy .21, werks .21, novarossi always a option! they will be going in losi truggy and buggy 2.0. just looking for opinions on these 4 engines mentioned. ive had all the others. please give your input! thanks

if you cant fix the problem with the motor you have,then what makes you think you will have better luck with another engine?....just a NEW learning curve to find out HOW the different company engine tunes!:lol:...i know from experience!...ive gone through a good amount of motors before i realized that is was ALL ME!..NOT THE MOTOR COMPANY!;)

jmaxey51 10-03-2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by inferno13 (Post 8020772)

i would go with the Werks or O'donnell SS... IMO the reedy just doesnt have enough power and they are known for the silicon to come out of the crank. the OD SS gets over 10 min of run time and holds a tune forever, we have 2+ gallons on ours and we get 10+ on every tank running the Dynamite 053 pipe and we havent touched the tune for 3 race, not even one hour. its a great engine. but IMO the Odonnell R2 pipe is a better match than the 053.

kyosho17 10-03-2010 09:05 PM

If your looking for a good 21. Axe rossi has some very good motors I have ran them for a couple yrs now what's good is u can rebuild them fairly cheap vs buyin new motor

deadmancourt 10-03-2010 09:13 PM

:lol::lol::lol:the title of this thread should be:
HOW MANY DEALERS/SPONSORED DRIVERS WANNA SELL AN ENGINE/PUSH THEIR PRODUCT?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
ANY OF THE MOTORS YOU BUY NOWADAYS ARE ALL GONNA BE A GOOD CHOICE AS LONG AS DONT BUY A USED 1 AND EXPECT IT TO HAVE 1 GALLON ON IT JUST CAUSE THATS WHAT YOU WERE TOLD!

inferno13 10-03-2010 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by deadmancourt (Post 8020787)
if you cant fix the problem with the motor you have,then what makes you think you will have better luck with another engine?....just a NEW learning curve to find out HOW the different company engine tunes!:lol:...i know from experience!...ive gone through a good amount of motors before i realized that is was ALL ME!..NOT THE MOTOR COMPANY!;)

i have been running nitro for many years now and the one i have now is just plain pissin me off, after spending 400.00 + on one new engine, im over it!!! not going to mention any names!!!! i have run a nova .21bf limited and a plus4, both ran excellent!!! would not mind another plus4, also have heard good things about the odonnal .21!

inferno13 10-03-2010 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by deadmancourt (Post 8020787)

plus the motor you are speaking of, im starting to think they are %$^&^#%!!!!

merdith6 10-03-2010 09:45 PM

Novarossi

I know that there are lots of choices in .21's, and several are closer to 200 dollars and are great engines, however, I've found through the years that Novarossi just makes really sweet engines. The p5 is a great engine for 250 dollars and the plus-4 is really popular, although not my personal choice, and the 7 ports have plenty of torque now. The FMS, the Toro Team, and the P5 are my three favorite engines. For a smaller or tight track the p5 is the best, and for a medium to large or more open track the FMS and Toro Team is just amazing. I run the Toro Team on a medium track with a stock 13t gear on my Mugen or on a larger track I gear up to a 14, and it freakin screams.

The FMS is probably the best engine for the money and has power everywhere. I've seen the price around 300 dollars and that's not bad for the way that engine tunes and delivers the power...

The p5 is totally worth the extra 50 bucks from other 200 dollar engines.
and if you want a longer powerband and better fuel mileage the Houston tuned p5 has no equal. Monty has great prices and the best customer service I've experienced yet, super cool guy....

HES p5=Torque w/sick powerband
FMS=Brutal, good price
Toro Team=expensive, but wow.......
you can't go wrong with any of these three engines....

SoonerNate 10-03-2010 09:47 PM

Check out the Precirotate Engines. You won't find more value for the money. No sales pitch needed. Nate.

http://www.ascendancyrc.com/PR_Products.php

deadmancourt 10-03-2010 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerNate (Post 8021033)
Check out the Precirotate Engines. You won't find more value for the money. No sales pitch needed. Nate.

http://www.ascendancyrc.com/PR_Products.php

these are real nice engines and they are Go based aswell:sneaky: the NOVAROSSI motors are just a give in for sure!...THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOREVER SO OFCOURSE THEY ARE THE BEES KNEES LOL

02maxima18 10-03-2010 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 (Post 8020788)
i would go with the Werks or O'donnell SS... IMO the reedy just doesnt have enough power and they are known for the silicon to come out of the crank. the OD SS gets over 10 min of run time and holds a tune forever, we have 2+ gallons on ours and we get 10+ on every tank running the Dynamite 053 pipe and we havent touched the tune for 3 race, not even one hour. its a great engine. but IMO the Odonnell R2 pipe is a better match than the 053.

The Reedy would easily stay with any SS lol, much more of a bottom end punch, but not much for the long straights, Reedy fixed the slicone in the cranks and if you get a motor with a bad crank they will fix it quick.

Can't go wrong with an OS, especially with their new motors coming out at a good price and soon. SS is a great club racing motor, closer to 8+ buggy.

Andy

jmaxey51 10-03-2010 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by 02maxima18 (Post 8021207)
The Reedy would easily stay with any SS lol, much more of a bottom end punch, but not much for the long straights, Reedy fixed the slicone in the cranks and if you get a motor with a bad crank they will fix it quick.

Can't go wrong with an OS, especially with their new motors coming out at a good price and soon. SS is a great club racing motor, closer to 8+ buggy.

Andy

i can promise you, the OD SS can get 10+ in a buggy, we do it all day long. but when we run a JP3 (which makes this engine a whole other beast ;) ) we only get 7-8 in a tank.

02maxima18 10-03-2010 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 (Post 8021223)
i can promise you, the OD SS can get 10+ in a buggy, we do it all day long. but when we run a JP3 (which makes this engine a whole other beast ;) ) we only get 7-8 in a tank.

OD Drivers, Motor directly from the maker....

Andy

jmaxey51 10-03-2010 10:59 PM

i actually got the engine before i became a team driver, im currently not running the OD engine, im wearing out my JPX and Alpha first and getting another OD for next season

inferno13 10-03-2010 11:09 PM

ive had many OS .21 v-specs, really not impressed, the reedy crank issue kinda worries me! still leaning towards the odonnal .21, im not a real aggressive driver, just run my race and not worry about anything else.