R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Your Opinion? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/439942-your-opinion.html)

brandundecided 10-03-2010 12:52 PM

Your Opinion?

Is it just me or does anyone else thing that Amain's shipping prices are getting a little crazy?

Matt Trimmings 10-03-2010 01:10 PM

Why you say that? I just ordered about $100 worth of stuff and got ups 3 day that was discounted to less than $2. It depends on what you get as well, I ordered a SC body a couple weeks ago and it was near $20 to ship it (I base that on the size of the box) by usps so i just did ups ground and my painter still got it within 5 days.

English365 10-03-2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings (Post 8018766)
Why you say that? I just ordered about $100 worth of stuff and got ups 3 day that was discounted to less than $2. It depends on what you get as well, I ordered a SC body a couple weeks ago and it was near $20 to ship it (I base that on the size of the box) by usps so i just did ups ground and my painter still got it within 5 days.

I agree it's all depending on what your buying. If your buying a shortcourse body, which we all know is pretty big, your going to pay for it.

I just ordered a bull dog body for my 2.0, and a can of paint and it was only 12 bucks shipped ground, not bad at all to me.

brandundecided 10-03-2010 02:18 PM

I will give an example, differential pinion for my buggy. shipping was 10 bucks and that was for parcel post through the post office, it doesnt get any cheaper than parcel post.

WideOpenThrottle RC 10-03-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by brandundecided (Post 8018994)
I will give an example, differential pinion for my buggy. shipping was 10 bucks and that was for parcel post through the post office, it doesnt get any cheaper than parcel post.

How is that even possible? If it fits in a flat rate priority box you can have it shipped for $5, lots of time I order $20 or $30 dollars worth of small parts and it's less than $6 to ship.

rider313 10-03-2010 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by brandundecided (Post 8018994)

I just put a losi pinion in my cart by itself and went to check out. here is what i got

Highest shipping price was: UPS Next Day Air (by 10:30 A.M.) $27.79

cheapest was: USPS First Class Mail (2 - 5 Days) - $3.20

my choice would be: USPS Priority Mail (2 Days) - $6.76

I dont see $10 in there for United States Postal Servise?

KWT-NITRO 10-03-2010 03:14 PM

try shipping 1000+ dollars worth of parts to Kuwait :lol:

believe me, you will love what you are paying now :lol:

nothin special 10-03-2010 03:29 PM

I kinda thought the prices and shipping where going up fast at A Main. So I decided to check around and found Stormer Hobbies to be of some help. I will still use A Main some, but it dont hurt to shop around . :nod:

Dr. Evil 10-03-2010 03:40 PM

Amain

Hi. I had a friend who told me kinds the same thing.

Don't get me wrong. I use A-main all the time. I save my orders until I get to around 100. Free shipping I think. I know if I order something small, 1 item, need it tomorrow, that happens.

Overall, I like amain website. I can keep thing in my wish list for future purchases. I'm always on it and I hear the owner is a good guy. If you think something is wrong, I'd call them and ask. They seem to be descent people.
:):)

drewmugx5t 10-03-2010 09:03 PM

I have noticed a small price jump too. Its really hard for me to adjust though because I live pretty close to where carolinasrc used to be. the trade off is no tax which is almost enough to pay for shipping on small stuff and even more beneficial on larger orders.

tc5 man 10-03-2010 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings (Post 8018766)

you live in az too so it wont cost as much probetly.

Frank L 10-03-2010 09:21 PM

It's shipping and handling. If you order from amain order over $100 then it's free or $2-3 for ups. There's always tires or some item that you need. Bottom line is order over $100 and shipping is cheap.

jwm2 10-04-2010 06:41 AM

The one thing i will say about amain is they ship quickly. I order from rcplanet for alot of smaller things because of cheaper prices on the parts and shipping but lately its taking them nearly a week to even ship the parcel. My last 2 orders i placed almost 2 weeks ago with nothing on backorder and have yet to receive them. With amain they usually get it out the same day or early the next day.

token 10-04-2010 08:09 AM

Amain shipping is the best right now. I pay for the cheapest shipping and get it in 3 days or less.

Trevor Williams 10-04-2010 08:16 AM

there rates have'nt changed?? I have been ordering from them for 2yrs. now and the USPS priority rates are the same as they always have been..................also, you are in SoCal............makes no sense:confused: