Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho 7.5 rebuild >

Kyosho 7.5 rebuild

Kyosho 7.5 rebuild

Old 10-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho 7.5 rebuild

Hey all, my name is Dan. My brother gave me his old Kyosho 7.5 and Im looking to bring it back to life. It hasn't been run in a solid 4 years and I already have a bunch of parts ordered for it. Its solid, the motor isn't frozen or coroded(no clue if it runs, though), nothing wrong with the chassis and just a few parts missing. Its getting new fuel lines and tank, new tires and rims, new air filter, so basically replacing the wear parts right away. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into whether the diffs or clutch or brake should be changed out right away. Its getting torn down for the work, and I'd prefer to change everything at once and not have to tear into it again right away. Oh yeah, any hop up parts worth tossing on right away? Thanks all.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tilehelperdan
Hey all, my name is Dan. My brother gave me his old Kyosho 7.5 and Im looking to bring it back to life. It hasn't been run in a solid 4 years and I already have a bunch of parts ordered for it. Its solid, the motor isn't frozen or coroded(no clue if it runs, though), nothing wrong with the chassis and just a few parts missing. Its getting new fuel lines and tank, new tires and rims, new air filter, so basically replacing the wear parts right away. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into whether the diffs or clutch or brake should be changed out right away. Its getting torn down for the work, and I'd prefer to change everything at once and not have to tear into it again right away. Oh yeah, any hop up parts worth tossing on right away? Thanks all.
Three things that come to mind about "hop ups".....

1) Big bore shocks

2) lightened drive shafts

3) 777 outer knuckle and caster blocks in 22 degree.

The 7.5 was (and still is) a great car and was over looked by many when the 777 (K1 etc) came out.

If you need some hard to find parts let me know I still have quite a few things in stock.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks. Im sure there will be some parts that go missing. The clutch is way shot, worn down to the springs. I'll be swapping in an adjustable light weight one, and maybe a new clutch bell. And the bearings are shot, they feel like they are filled with sand. But the motor is perfect. I tore it down and it looks like new. The cylinder liner still has crosshatching in it. Amazing for how hard my brother beat on it. Guess that means I have to wait for a new one. Tomorrow I dig into the suspension and diffs. This could get pricey quick.