Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What will Lutz Drive next? >

What will Lutz Drive next?

What will Lutz Drive next?

Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
I am putting together 2 options for Ryan. I do not understand why some of you would think that I am name dropping, etc. Caster is not Mugen or AE or Losi, but we are not JQ or Agama either. Contrary to popular belief, we have been around for years, keep growing, and I know plenty of people who are players in the industry. We are still waiting for the right driver and I think Ryan is a definite candidate. From what I have heard, he is exactly what we are looking for even if he doesn't win every race. But I bet he would finish races with Caster.

I would bet he thinks short term and ends up with Losi or Ae, but we will see. Either way, I need to talk to him again and I need to talk to a few friends on doing this as a good move for us.
You know.. after seeing your post in the DEX408, and seeing ur post now in here, I don't think I would want to run for you.. your 'smart' comments and continual down-play of other companies and others character is definately something I would not expect from the owner/manager (whatever you are) of a company trying to get/maintain a foothold in this very competitive market. Everytime you post on here or anywhere else, it speaks volumes about your character, calling Ryan Lutz short term minded probably isn't swaying him any closer to you. Seeing as he is trying to make a move that is best for his family as well as his career I wouldn't be suprised to see him go with a larger more established brand. And making it seem like its your call to 'LET' Ryan join your team, I doubt he's praying for the call from Caster seeing as nitro is his main class and nitro isn't yours. yea you have nitro, but... lol yea..

You aren't earning any popularity posting the ways you do and your character seems to drift drastically from how positive Ryan is..
Old 10-02-2010, 07:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Ryan is a super nice young man for sure and seemed to be very intelligent, not to mention a stupid fast driver, he can really lay it down.................he should get the BEST contract agreements, HIGHEST pay etc..........the dude is a class act........Kudos to whomever lands him on their team.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

sorry dude, i put hakmazter against any other owner/manager in the industry. if his posts "sound" a certain way to you thats fine. you can't judge anybody by their posts on rctech... really? c'mon. and then you sling your own negativity towards caster at the end too. caster probably wouldn't "let" you drive for them cause of your attitude.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

dude.........let a thread be a thread..........dont turn this into "Days of our Lives in the RC drama World"

kthxbye!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRCRacer25
In all Seriousness now, first off WOW, thank you everyone for the bode of confidence and the positive comments! You make me truly feel like I have made an impact in this hobby and its very gratifying to see!

Before more rumors get started let me clarify some things. :-)
I am regretfully not at they Byrons race this weekend for a couple of reasons.
-My travel arrangements never got made as all this has been transpiring
-I was set to go Wednesday and drive but I can't drive 13 hours by myself ( I fall asleep) and my carpool buddy wasn't able to attend at last minute.
-My little Girl had to have an MRI Thursday (shes doing good)
-Wednesday was my wifes birthday. (Love that woman!)
I have contacted Byrons and expressed my regrettable situation to them and they fully understand. They are a great group of people and I truly hope their event is going well for them this weekend.

I am instead going to attend our local 2 day race this weekend, the Harvest at Rescue R/C. I won't be running my Tamiya cars as they are already cleaned up and ready to be returned. Instead Jason Sams at Car Action was gracious enough to let me run his Mugen Truggy this weekend. (So before rumors of me going to mugen gain more traction, it's just what i've mentioned above) :-)
I won't be running buggy and instead will be helping my brother-in-law and other participants at the event have a successful weekend.

As for where i'm going? I honestly don't know yet. The R/C world is changing and I want to position myself accordingly with those changes. I need to become a more multi-dimensional driver and will be taking that into account. I have now received some contact from perspective sponsors and I can't thank them enough for the helpful hand they are putting out for me. It's going to be a busy couple of days here while I try to race and have some fun and decide what is best for me and my families future!

Again, Thank you all for the support! Keep up the guessing game It's fun to hear all the guesses and thoughts!

-Ryan Lutz

good luck with your daughter, i hope all is well. this rc thing is just minor really.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
sorry dude, i put hakmazter against any other owner/manager in the industry. if his posts "sound" a certain way to you thats fine. you can't judge anybody by their posts on rctech... really? c'mon. and then you sling your own negativity towards caster at the end too. caster probably wouldn't "let" you drive for them cause of your attitude.
When the only way we can communicate is thru this forum.. your post are the only things we have to go on.. if ryan was a comple @$$ on here but nice in public there would be no way for us (on here) to know about that.. how you act on here is just as important as how you are in public, and because 90% may never meet him in person, so if they do meet thru rctech this is what they will make they're decision about his character.. and I would run caster if they paid me. I am not flaming his product, but I just could not run for someone that represents their company the way he does. I don't know if you've ever run a business but it everything the owner does.. relfects the company and vice versa

But to evade the drama this will be my last post in here, good luck ryan on the chassis, and good luck at worlds.
Pm me if you would like to respond to my post but plz don't put it in this thread
Old 10-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting. I assure you that my offer to Ryan will be the best I'm the industry if he is looking long term. If he is looking at 2011 only, then we won't be. The Caster plan has always been a 20 to 25 year plan. I have been blatantly disrespected on rctech because I am not an industry insider and that is fine.

I do not understand what you mean. If it matters, I was involved with rc pro products stuff outside of alpha. Also talked to Kendall about issues with Protek and seeing if he wanted to switch, etc. Involved with lots of things outside of Caster...
Old 10-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

20 to 25 year plan.
That's not a plan that's a life time, only contracts I no r that long are business building agreements. This is n rc car, what happens when he finds out his tamiya last twice as long as ur caster, hea deffinently not gonna wanna stay for another 24 years haha. Anywho Ryan as someone who races for a living, u no who I am u came to my house n drove in Victorville (me n my bro race mx proffessionally) anyways pick the car that gets u the best results n makes ur job the funnest, cause once u start hating ur car u won't have fun anymore n your job won't go smooth. After seeing u drive at my house n at all the other races I'm pretty sure u can b a front runner at worlds 2010 but u need a good car cause u push your stuff to the limits! Anyways good luck.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting. I assure you that my offer to Ryan will be the best I'm the industry if he is looking long term. If he is looking at 2011 only, then we won't be. The Caster plan has always been a 20 to 25 year plan. I have been blatantly disrespected on rctech because I am not an industry insider and that is fine.

I do not understand what you mean. If it matters, I was involved with rc pro products stuff outside of alpha. Also talked to Kendall about issues with Protek and seeing if he wanted to switch, etc. Involved with lots of things outside of Caster...
ok first of all yes your the industry but when comes down to it are you gone build the man a car he wants? he know what works and how to win are you gone be stuck on another old tired platform?

also update your sig it should really be more in dept since you have so much power as you do own castor as of right now you look just like another fan boy
Old 10-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
When the only way we can communicate is thru this forum.. your post are the only things we have to go on.. if ryan was a comple @$$ on here but nice in public there would be no way for us (on here) to know about that.. how you act on here is just as important as how you are in public, and because 90% may never meet him in person, so if they do meet thru rctech this is what they will make they're decision about his character.. and I would run caster if they paid me. I am not flaming his product, but I just could not run for someone that represents their company the way he does. I don't know if you've ever run a business but it everything the owner does.. relfects the company and vice versa

But to evade the drama this will be my last post in here, good luck ryan on the chassis, and good luck at worlds.
Pm me if you would like to respond to my post but plz don't put it in this thread
t8rtot,

I have had some dealings with Mike aka hakmazter. I can assure you he is a good guy trying to fight an uphill battle in a tough industry. It is not only tough trying to make a name for a new product. But once you do you have others from bigger companies trying to jump on your success.

So take it easy on the guy he is just trying to make a living like the rest of us.

PS... Ryan, Take your time and make the right decisions as nothing is more important than your family!!! I am sure you will land you your feet and do well not matter where it is!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Well, that is the. Point. You guys think 2 dimensionally. If you think I would lock Ryan up as a driver forever, that would be foolish for all of us.

As for forums, I bet you guys wouldn't talk to to Losi, Odonnell, Bennett, or Hickerson, or others the way I get treated here, but that is fine. It seems that when there is drama here, our sales increase.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well, that is the. Point. You guys think 2 dimensionally. If you think I would lock Ryan up as a driver forever, that would be foolish for all of us.

As for forums, I bet you guys wouldn't talk to to Losi, Odonnell, Bennett, or Hickerson, or others the way I get treated here, but that is fine. It seems that when there is drama here, our sales increase.
Just keep moving forward do not sweat the small stuff. You gotta have tough skin sometimes and recognize haters will be everywhere in every industry.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Lets bring this thread back around to its purpose!

Originally Posted by Mrs.Lutz
Ryan is an awesome and talented racer! Even more importantly he is an AMAZING husband and father! Whatever you choose I fully respect and support you my love! I Look forward to what the future has for our family!
Apparently Ryan isn't the only class act in his marriage! Very mature words and actions from a young family! AWESOME!

Originally Posted by porkchop
guys this is what we call support way to go mrs lutz
best rc wife ever
Old 10-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

It is, Caster is the only one who has said is talking to Ryan. I wish him the best either way.

I have sort of talked topic since a few have acted like we don't have the right to talk to him, but it appears out business would increase exponentially if he came on board and he would benefit from it. Then he could be on here and I could another things....lol.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Tyco R/C

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.