Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X2 or RC8t as 1st Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Jammin X2 or RC8t as 1st Truggy

I am looking to get a Truggy....not for serious racing, no tracks in my area race 1/8 nitro. So I may travel twice a year to a race, and just play at the local track.

I have a $500-$600 budget, but that needs to pick up some fuel, bottle, starter etc. I am starting from scratch in the nitro area.

I can see a new Jammin X2 RTR $489, new D8T kit with cheaper components $550ish and possible an RC8T RTR $589 or lightly used RC8T $450...most other stuff looks out of my price range.

Any recommendation of the above or something else?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

jammin X2 RTR is better than the RC8T RTR imo, the rc8t rtr shocks are not any good, they break easily but you can put the kit shocks on it tho. the X2 is still a very good truggy and they are tough as anything.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:01 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

X2!!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

mugen mbx5, o'donnell zo1t would be good options and could be bought cheap on here as a roller or artr just keep your eyes open. X2's are strong, but are heavy and turn as tight as a fire truck
Old 09-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im a D8T man , But the Jammin is one tuff truggy. I still have one and race it time to time or give people a chance to try it out .
Old 09-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

jammin x2 truggy is a tank. went almost a year without breaking anything. D8t for the price is way better. I got rid of my jammin for d8t
Old 09-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

My AE RTR has been very durable. The composite big bores aren't as nice as the TiNi ones but the do the job. I can run top 5 on a 8-10 truck field in club level against kits and other RTR's it's far from ferrari but it gets the job done no complaints. Oh and mine's pretty heavy too.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Prophet

well if you race at your local track the odds are that very people run the jammin truggys anymore so it might be hard to get spare parts. or setup help the odds are that you will see d8t at club tracks and you can get setup help spare parts so i would get that.

if you really want to get the rtr rc8t than stick some big bore shocks on it at least.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well if you race at your local track the odds are that very people run the jammin truggys anymore so it might be hard to get spare parts. or setup help the odds are that you will see d8t at club tracks and you can get setup help spare parts so i would get that.

if you really want to get the rtr rc8t than stick some big bore shocks on it at least.
that is true BUT the odds are that a good bit of the people still have one (dont run it anymore) or had one at some point, so setup help and parts wont be to hard to find (if you ever break anything ) and the X2 is very easy to setup.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
that is true BUT the odds are that a good bit of the people still have one (dont run it anymore) or had one at some point, so setup help and parts wont be to hard to find (if you ever break anything ) and the X2 is very easy to setup.

well i did see somebody who was racing with me with a pink body jammin x2 truggy i belive it was it was leading the race lol.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man

The RTR AE comes with big bores as I just said in the post above, they are composite instead of TiNi but they are the same size and work very well you just have to use preload clips instead of the threads on the nicer kits. It's still easy to do. Only thing I don't like about my RC8T RTR is it's heavy but the Jammin is just as heavy I've heard. Nothing wrong with the AE but I'm buying the Kit next time around they've updated a lot on it!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The Jammin truggy is an awesome truck. I would however recommend going with the AE truck. There is a future with the AE truck, whereas the Jammin truggy is as developed as its going to be. Whatever is easier for you to get support for locally is what I would go with.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my sujjestion would be a losi buggy of some sort there in your price range and are excellent cars to drive.

ps if you would like one used i am selling one in the trade/sale section 100 bucks
Old 09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rustler jato
my sujjestion would be a losi buggy of some sort there in your price range and are excellent cars to drive.

ps if you would like one used i am selling one in the trade/sale section 100 bucks
1+ the losi 2.0 buggy and truggy in RTR are very nice.

but as with any RTR start saving strait away for new servos and engine.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Do-Over
The RTR AE comes with big bores as I just said in the post above, they are composite instead of TiNi but they are the same size and work very well you just have to use preload clips instead of the threads on the nicer kits. It's still easy to do. Only thing I don't like about my RC8T RTR is it's heavy but the Jammin is just as heavy I've heard. Nothing wrong with the AE but I'm buying the Kit next time around they've updated a lot on it!

the rc8t rtr comes with big bores ? than why does associated offer them as a hop up than ? i knew somebody who ran a factory rc8 and he dint have big bores he upgraded them to the alum big bore shocks and he said it made a hugh diffrence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.