Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX? >

8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

8T throttle/brake servo killed; need new one - SAVOX?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Those should work fine.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbright33
not shure if im sold on the savox. have seen a couple of failures that were not driver error and they were only a race old.
Was not the case Jesse. Turned out to be a bad Protec Life pack. For some reason, only my throttle servo would stop working So I have still never had one fail(including the 1.5 years of Orion Vortex). Lightest servos, save an once when you run these over Hitec
Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Was not the case Jesse. Turned out to be a bad Protec Life pack. For some reason, only my throttle servo would stop working So I have still never had one fail(including the 1.5 years of Orion Vortex). Lightest servos, save an once when you run these over Hitec

1oz lighter i find a little hard to believe, the 7955 comes in at 2.29oz or 64.92grams while the Savox SC-1256 is 1.84oz or 52.4grams....which servo is 1oz lighter then a hitec ?
Old 09-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Running 2 servos......
Old 09-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Servos I've tried

Well, in the mid to late 90s. I've tried all of the major mfgs products.

Airtronics
Hitec
Ko proppo
Futaba
Jr
one other I can't remember the name of.

Anyway.

I started with the low end cheap hitec. I had problems with them
I tried the higher end Hitec, same thing.

Did the same with all.

I have about 20 Airtronics servos in the combinations of 94157, 94158,

94257, 94258, 94357, 94358, 94359, 94360, 94361, 94362.

2 Hitec

1 Jr

2 savox just purchased for my Serpent 811.

Out of the lot, I enjoy the 94358, 94358s. The have lasted me a long time.

Some have recently died (have had them since they cam out) The motors just stopped working, or t he gear came unbonded from the shaft, or electrical problems.

Anyway, the JR 9100T (I think that the model number) is in my Mugen truggy

and I have never had to worry about it. That thing works like clock work.

I thought i broke my finger when I first tested the torque on it. Man what

pain. Anyway. the Airtronics have done me justice and so had the JR.

The Hitec from what I hear are much better than they were. In the 90s, they sucked. I still have a few from back them and I just don't use them.

I hear the Savox are great servos so I have a few to try. I hope they don't

let me down.

Now the Futaba servo, I have in my xx-4. I't been in there since 1997ish and I don't even remember it's there. It always works. Never had a problem. Just does it's job and wants to be left along.

There. take that. My 2 cents.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
The Hitec from what I hear are much better than they were. In the 90s, they sucked. I still have a few from back them and I just don't use them.
You are correct sir. Much better than they were back in the day. The new Hitec's are awesome servos and their support is amazing. I'm not gonna argue that Hitec's are the only good servos, because they aren't, but such a great product with such awesome support is hard to find. That's what makes them even better in my book.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
well i take back my comment then lol. i guess go for it.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
When I see Hitec servos in a savox team driver's car I usually tend to think there's a reason for that... Just sayin...
I've seen Hitec drivers running futaba, just sayin.

Either way, I would stick with Ko Propo,Hitec, Savox, or Futaba, cant go wrong.

Hitec customer service was great for my repairs, taking a little long (three weeks) but they are doing repairs under warranty for me. Thats says a lot considering JR doesnt even do that anymore.

KO also does repairs, they do charge to fix your servo but they charge what it cost them ($20 for a brand new servo motor for a $150 servo), but at least they fix it and their customer service was even better then hitecs (other then charging for the repair).
Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

FUTABA BLS servos, never had an issue with it! try it out
Old 10-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

I've got a question directed mainly to Losi truggy/buggy owners. The throttle/brake servo horn in my truggy got very sloppy after 4 gallons. It seems quite fast to me. What replacement do you use? I've found an aluminium Hudy horn but in Losi there is a bigger hole needed for the brake linkage if i'm not mistaken. Also, do you use aluminium horns with throttle/brake servos or only for high torque steering servos?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Ive ran pretty much all brand servos wasted many $$$ and Hitec is the best considering its customer service was also looking at the Savox servos for my sons kit but went a super cheap way just to experience since I was buying some other crap from HK

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12451
Old 10-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Ive ran pretty much all brand servos wasted many $$$ and Hitec is the best considering its customer service was also looking at the Savox servos for my sons kit but went a super cheap way just to experience since I was buying some other crap from HK

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12451
I've bought a servo yet. Now i need a horn for it (as i mentioned above).
Old 10-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donat
I've got a question directed mainly to Losi truggy/buggy owners. The throttle/brake servo horn in my truggy got very sloppy after 4 gallons. It seems quite fast to me. What replacement do you use? I've found an aluminium Hudy horn but in Losi there is a bigger hole needed for the brake linkage if i'm not mistaken. Also, do you use aluminium horns with throttle/brake servos or only for high torque steering servos?

Most only use an alum steering, I just replace my linkage fairly often and use a select few shim's to keep thing's a little tighter.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Z
I've seen Hitec drivers running futaba, just sayin.

Either way, I would stick with Ko Propo,Hitec, Savox, or Futaba, cant go wrong.

Hitec customer service was great for my repairs, taking a little long (three weeks) but they are doing repairs under warranty for me. Thats says a lot considering JR doesnt even do that anymore.

KO also does repairs, they do charge to fix your servo but they charge what it cost them ($20 for a brand new servo motor for a $150 servo), but at least they fix it and their customer service was even better then hitecs (other then charging for the repair).
What do you mean Jr dosnt do it anymore. Jr gives you you a 3 yr warranty. Send it back to Horizon. They always give you crap that its your fault it blew but they always replace them. Or at least they always have for me.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
1oz lighter i find a little hard to believe, the 7955 comes in at 2.29oz or 64.92grams while the Savox SC-1256 is 1.84oz or 52.4grams....which servo is 1oz lighter then a hitec ?
The Savöx tg's are really light...run 2 and save an easy ~20 grams.

The newer HV servo's are the same weight as Hitec's tho.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.