Dynamite LI-po GLOW ignitor: worth it? >

Dynamite LI-po GLOW ignitor: worth it?

Dynamite LI-po GLOW ignitor: worth it?

Old 09-19-2010, 07:53 AM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Dynamite LI-po GLOW ignitor: worth it?

I think they are a great idea wanted to make one way back in the day If you have one how good do they work (dyn1926)...
Old 09-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

I have one. Works great. On a full charge itll last you about 1/2 gallon of starting.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

1000% yes. I have 2 of them and I have used them a couple times. They lazy all day long and then some. I love the charger that it comes with you just plug it in the night before and it cuts off when it's done. Great product. I charged them over a week ago raced last weekend and been breaking in 2 engines with them. Much improved over the old nimh style.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Spot on there, frank. Its a great starter. Btw, how do you know when its fully charged? Does the red light on the wall charger go off when its charged? i never figured that out.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I have one and dont really like it...I use my hot shot more..also I would hope it would last a full day of racing LMAO...my hot shot goes mth easy before I even think about charging it
Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Crazycajun322
Spot on there, frank. Its a great starter. Btw, how do you know when its fully charged? Does the red light on the wall charger go off when its charged? i never figured that out.
Yes that's exactly what happens the red light on the charger goes off when it's done. And now I don't have to use my main chargers to charge that damm nimh battery for 25 hours. Come to think of it that was the last nimh battery in my pit. Everythings lipo now from the starter box to the transmitter and receiver batteries and now finally the glow ignitor. Lipo is the best.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
1000% yes. I have 2 of them and I have used them a couple times. They lazy all day long and then some. I love the charger that it comes with you just plug it in the night before and it cuts off when it's done. Great product. I charged them over a week ago raced last weekend and been breaking in 2 engines with them. Much improved over the old nimh style.
2 engines ? so u did get me one LOL!!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rc racer 103
2 engines ? so u did get me one LOL!!
I told you its backordered projected ship date 2032.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default Lipos

All well and good till one over discharges and burns a house down. I'm done with lipo after having an incident at my home. I'm now running all life packs and so far so good. honestly i would go back to nicd before i run lipos again. this hobby isn't worth the danger lipo brings to the table.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

If the charger is set right and you don't over-discharge your lipo's, they are harmless. Use a cut-off and you are all clear!
I have almost totally switched to lipo - I only need a lipo glow-starter.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nilks
If the charger is set right and you don't over-discharge your lipo's, they are harmless. Use a cut-off and you are all clear!
I have almost totally switched to lipo - I only need a lipo glow-starter.
OOOK. with the hi demand for lipos now a days, the production is way greater then it was years ago when lipo first hit the market. bad cells come out of these factories all the time. lets say 1 out of 10 cells are defective. and you buy a 4cell pack whats your chances of getting a bad cell? and to be 100% honest i would say the defect % is greater then 1 out of 10 CELLS. JAJAJA JUNK!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well guess what, all the cell phones for the past few years have been running on lipo battaries, as long as; 1) the you use a designated charger (a lipo charger) that cuts off upon full charge and 2) the device turns off before the minimum voltage is read, there is no harm in using lipos. Comparing the number of cell phones out there (average 2/house hold, heck we've got 8 in our house) If the cells were going bad right and left then there would be a lot more cell phone ignited fires.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz
Well guess what, all the cell phones for the past few years have been running on lipo battaries, as long as; 1) the you use a designated charger (a lipo charger) that cuts off upon full charge and 2) the device turns off before the minimum voltage is read, there is no harm in using lipos. Comparing the number of cell phones out there (average 2/house hold, heck we've got 8 in our house) If the cells were going bad right and left then there would be a lot more cell phone ignited fires.
Hmm, you must have some interesting phones 'cause I just checked 8 different cell phones and every single one used Li-Ion batteries, I have yet to see any phones use LiPo cells in them.

I personally don't see a lipo ignitor being worth it, charge your ignitor overnight and it'll be fine the next day. Or throw a 4600mAh NiMH cell in it and never worry again.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tromoly
Hmm, you must have some interesting phones 'cause I just checked 8 different cell phones and every single one used Li-Ion batteries, I have yet to see any phones use LiPo cells in them.

I personally don't see a lipo ignitor being worth it, charge your ignitor overnight and it'll be fine the next day. Or throw a 4600mAh NiMH cell in it and never worry again.
ding ding ding...

AND! I never said charging them was the problem. the problem is too many defective cell from the factories. defective cells has nothing to do with user error. junk is junk and most lipo manufactures produce junk. not saying all lipos manufactures are junk but most of the re-bagged ones on the market are pumped out with very low quality control standards.

or how about storage during the off season? I know when racing is slow i tend to forget about my gear and unattended lipos sitting in your home IS UNSAFE. these batteries are know to lose there charge while not being used.... well guess what that battery will over discharge, puff up, and possibly cause a fire. a yr ago i would have said lipos are no problem, and ive seen pits burn to the ground cause of a lipo..... after your running out of your house with shit on fire you learn a quick lesson that it can happen to you. my 0.2
Old 09-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lipo charged to 50% can sit on the shelf over a year without any damage.
Lipo glow igniter is a nice idea but the battery has just too small capacity.

Associated D-cell igniter with 10Ah battery lasts forever

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.