Wiki Posts
Search

losi lst xxl?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default losi lst xxl?

Hi guys. I'm about to buy me a losi xxl. Just need to know some thing about the truck before I put down 570 for it. Is it a durable truck without breaking after every run. Is it a good basher/racer. Is it easy to break in and tune also when it does break is it easy to fix and has plenty of parts. I plain on keeping the truck for a quick bit. Thanks guy for the help
Old 09-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Hi guys. I'm about to buy me a losi xxl. Just need to know some thing about the truck before I put down 570 for it. Is it a durable truck without breaking after every run. Is it a good basher/racer. Is it easy to break in and tune also when it does break is it easy to fix and has plenty of parts. I plain on keeping the truck for a quick bit. Thanks guy for the help

well i, havnt ever driven a lst but i did see a xxl on the race track the guy that was driving it dint have it tuned right. so i dint get to see its full pontenial, but it dint look too bad jumping wise but you whould have to get a lower profile monster truck tires the stock ones are too big and will hold the handing away going into the corners .

it seemed pretty dam tough the guy driving it did crash a bit.
it should be easy to get parts for it.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I love my XXL. Its real easy to work on and all the necessary upgrade parts are out there. I run mine converted to brushless and its got more power than any nitro motor I have ever seen and I have never had any real issues. Last night I managed to strip the spur gear but that my own fault. Real easy to upgrade, very capable if you wanna race the monster truck class, and super tough if your just out to have a bash and a good time like myself. In my opinion, its a great choice.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks you guys for the help its nice to hear real losi owners and not the ones getting paid to talk about how unstoppable the truck is. Thanks to all that help with the truck
Old 09-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I got my LST2 back in '05 when it came out. Been racing it every since. I have broken very few parts. 1 spur gear, 1 a-arm, then the normal replacement stuff like engines, glow plugs and bearings. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one or a XXL. I sent you a pm for a great place to go.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks a lot for the info travis. I'm really ready to get thos truck and see if is tough
Old 09-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Angry will a 1/8 body fit the xxl ?

Well I'm wanting to know since the xxl is on the verge of being at 1/10 monster truck will a 1/8 body fit the truck because were I'm getting the truck from has body's as well and they have a really nice Chevy silverdo body for a 1/8. I need a body that's not so fugly like the on thats on the xxl but I like how the bed looks on the truck like a short bed. So will a 1/8 fit on allmost 1/10 please help
Old 09-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Well I'm wanting to know since the xxl is on the verge of being at 1/10 monster truck will a 1/8 body fit the truck because were I'm getting the truck from has body's as well and they have a really nice Chevy silverdo body for a 1/8. I need a body that's not so fugly like the on thats on the xxl but I like how the bed looks on the truck like a short bed. So will a 1/8 fit on allmost 1/10 please help

it might but probetly not just get a 1/8 monster truck body a truggy body might acutally fit not the flatbed ones the regular truggy bodys .
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Ok so I got one more and then I'm done with all these questions. I just want the best monster truck for the buck that can last and not break everyday. So is the team associated mgt 8.0 a good truck because I was trying to find the xxl cheaper and this truck pops up I like the way it looks exexpt the body don't like the flames so the body will have to go Haha. Well needless to say it peeked my curiosity so I got on YouTube and the stuff I watched on the truck I was impressed with it . But the videos didn't say if it was stock and I plain on keeping my stock for a bit. So if you have anything good or bad on the truck please let me know. Last dumb question Haha
Old 09-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Pw8LBAJjg

Other than installing a MMM and single speed hub this truck is bone stock. One warning, don't overtighten the slipper, or you'll have a diff that sounds like this. One turn out will protect your drivetrain.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

lst are very nice but shouldnt be in monster section? Anyways ye lst's are by far top notch for all catagories of running.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
lst are very nice but shouldnt be in monster section? Anyways ye lst's are by far top notch for all catagories of running.
No its says nitro off road and it list monster trucks. That's what I thought and I like the losi xxl. You guys need to get on YouTube and type losi xxl bashing at the psycho pit and there's one more for all the mgt 8.0 lovers mgt 8.0 bashing at the psycho pit these his are sick. The jumps they put these stock trucks through is insane I know either one I het I'm going to be happy with rather It's the xxl or mgt 8.0. If you guys do and I hope you do watch them you'll appreciate these trucks that much more.....
Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Prophet

No its says nitro off road and it list monster trucks. That's what I thought and I like the losi xxl. You guys need to get on YouTube and type losi xxl bashing at the psycho pit and there's one more for all the mgt 8.0 lovers mgt 8.0 bashing at the psycho pit these his are sick. The jumps they put these stock trucks through is insane I know either one I het I'm going to be happy with rather It's the xxl or mgt 8.0. If you guys do and I hope you do watch them you'll appreciate these trucks that much more.....

well you whould get a better answer in the monster truck section do you plan on racing or bashing if you get the lst xxl. if your racing you could just slap on pairs of low profile monster truck tires and change the shock oils and be good.

does your track have a good showing for monster trucks ?
but if your just bashing than leave it the way it is.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well you whould get a better answer in the monster truck section do you plan on racing or bashing if you get the lst xxl. if your racing you could just slap on pairs of low profile monster truck tires and change the shock oils and be good.

does your track have a good showing for monster trucks ?
but if your just bashing than leave it the way it is.
I plain on doing both with it. I went a looked at on today and the truck looks like it can take a beating and then some. There was also a mgt 8.0 there as well and it was almost 200 cheaper than the xxl. Is that truck any good with bashing and racing like the xxl or is the xxl better please let me know which truck is better or even the same....
Old 09-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Prophet

I plain on doing both with it. I went a looked at on today and the truck looks like it can take a beating and then some. There was also a mgt 8.0 there as well and it was almost 200 cheaper than the xxl. Is that truck any good with bashing and racing like the xxl or is the xxl better please let me know which truck is better or even the same....

well ive never seen a mgt 8.0 on the track but i asked somebody about it and they said its not bad at all. as for bashing it, i think it can take a beating but the xxl is beefer and the big shocks on it means its proberty a better jumper and handles the bumps a lot better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.