Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have to switch fuel what fuel is the best

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

We used Byrons for the last 2 years with great luck. My son is now sponsored by Horizon so we are now running Blue Thunder Hp8. It runs just as good as the Byrons, had to lean the motor an hour maybe. Taking the motors apart they look great inside, we don't use after run oil and there is not rust. Motors have not shown any wear at all either after a few gallons.

Rex
Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 22Racer
We used Byrons for the last 2 years with great luck. My son is now sponsored by Horizon so we are now running Blue Thunder Hp8. It runs just as good as the Byrons, had to lean the motor an hour maybe. Taking the motors apart they look great inside, we don't use after run oil and there is not rust. Motors have not shown any wear at all either after a few gallons.

Rex
Hmm....Most manufacturers/magazine articles stress running after run oil.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Locum51
There's some fuels that supposedly tell you that you don't have to. I dunno about that one. personally I do every time. Whether I run it 5min or 5 hours.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

if you can find the ingredients in your area you can mix your own fuel. Most of the times you will have to look in the phone book for motor cycle shop and/or where they sell parts for dragsters. Here's what I use:; Benol Castor, Morgan fuels Synthetic Oil, 99.99% pure Nitromethane, and Methanol. Mix them in the desired ratio and you will be laughing at the lhs prices. I make 30% nitro fuel with 12% total oil contents and it runs me about $14.70/gallon.

PM me if you find all the contents and I'll send you an excel worksheet that will tell you how many ounces of what to add in order to make a certain % solution.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xjqkz
if you can find the ingredients in your area you can mix your own fuel. Most of the times you will have to look in the phone book for motor cycle shop and/or where they sell parts for dragsters. Here's what I use:; Benol Castor, Morgan fuels Synthetic Oil, 99.99% pure Nitromethane, and Methanol. Mix them in the desired ratio and you will be laughing at the lhs prices. I make 30% nitro fuel with 12% total oil contents and it runs me about $14.70/gallon.

PM me if you find all the contents and I'll send you an excel worksheet that will tell you how many ounces of what to add in order to make a certain % solution.
This sounds really cool, but to me it's kind of...well I suppose dangerous is the word I'm looking for. Let me explain. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't trust myself enough to measure the ingredients out 100%, and I don't have a safe place to store them either.

I guess if it works for you that's great.

On a side note.

Does anyone know the oil content in the Cold Fusion fuel? I didn't see it on the site. I see there is a Race Mod, Race, and RTR version in various Nitro %'s. So What is the difference, in terms of oil content between the Race and Race Mod? Anyone know?

Also if you could maybe tell me where I could find it in South Florida (I'm in Broward County). I'd love to support a local company (Cold Fusion is based in FL) and try a gallon for my next one if I could find it locally to avoid costly shipping.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Locum51
Most Fuels now days will not rust your motor. I rebuild 100's of motors and don't see rusty ones very often. Never one of my own, I've used Sidewinder, Byrons Gen2, and now Dynamite.

Rex
Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
This sounds really cool, but to me it's kind of...well I suppose dangerous is the word I'm looking for. Let me explain. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't trust myself enough to measure the ingredients out 100%, and I don't have a safe place to store them either.

On a side note.

Does anyone know the oil content in the Cold Fusion fuel? I didn't see it on the site. I see there is a Race Mod, Race, and RTR version in various Nitro %'s. So What is the difference, in terms of oil content between the Race and Race Mod? Anyone know?

Also if you could maybe tell me where I could find it in South Florida (I'm in Broward County). I'd love to support a local company (Cold Fusion is based in FL) and try a gallon for my next one if I could find it locally to avoid costly shipping.
The ingredients are no more dangerous than the blended product

If you can mix 2 stroke gas for your chainsaw or weedwhacker, you can blend RC fuel.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by losewheel
I'm running 1/8 scale buggy with a Picco Evo 3 .21. I have been running powermaster but they went out of buisness.
just run what most of the guys do at the track you race at, that way if you run out you always have a backup, and visa vera, to many salemen here to ask a question like that...lol
Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sidewinder all the way......
Old 09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 22Racer
Most Fuels now days will not rust your motor. I rebuild 100's of motors and don't see rusty ones very often. Never one of my own, I've used Sidewinder, Byrons Gen2, and now Dynamite.

Rex
I can see the fuel not rusting the motor, but.....

It really depends on where you live, and when you race...

When I lived in Austin TX, there was low humidity, and rust never happened, but since moving to the TX coast near Houston, and we have night races starting at 9pm sometimes, and the humidity is, well, sweaty, hot and even foggy late at night, I discovered the importance of really keeping an eye on everything about my engines. Especially running out all residual fuel, and using afterrun oil every time right after the races.....It never hurts to keep the engines sealed when not in use in ziploc baggies, and my ride in the house....
Old 09-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

You'll get 50 answers just close your eyes and pick one. Enie, minie, minnie, MOE!!

Nitrotane or Sidewinder 30% are my two choices
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the break in fuel or beginer fuel is 16% the rtr is12% the majic is 12% and the race is 9%.you guys should really give it a try ron is a great guy to deal with and makes an awesome product you cant go wrong with it. dont forget to check out his site either there are some other products there also www.coldfusionrcproducts.com
Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Have you tried Maxys fuel? Can't get anymore local than that.

Originally Posted by Dredd

On a side note.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ive tried all the fuel out there and i like sidewinder prototype and i like it the best, keeps my motors fresh ans clean of carbon. but fuel is fuel
Old 09-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i just bought a case of eb mods fuel. I hope it is good. Heard nothing but the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.