Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pros and cons of nitro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

new starter boxes are what? 50-100 bucks?
dont forget to buy a replacement belt! nothing sucks more than being at the track and having that starterbox belt snap.
also if breaking in a new motor, better have a heat gun.

my turnigy's are 4s 30c 5000's.

lol btw, if money is no object.. do both!!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkee
new starter boxes are what? 50-100 bucks?
dont forget to buy a replacement belt! nothing sucks more than being at the track and having that starterbox belt snap.
also if breaking in a new motor, better have a heat gun.

my turnigy's are 4s 30c 5000's.

lol btw, if money is no object.. do both!!
money is a issue thats why i dont know what to go to
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
thats what ive been thinking and i work at a HS as you can see in my signature. they are 129.99 on a main so i bet my cost isnt much over 100 bucks..just like buying a mamba max pro

yup that, engine is about the same price as a mamba 1/8 speedo there tough engines, too i did see one guy i was racing with had the mach. 26 with the red head it was just as good as us guys running the itatian engines.

but the, downside is that the taiwan engines like the dynamite dont last past 1to 3 gallons and the quality isnt as good as the itatian engines.

i use to run a assoc gt2 with a .12 dynamite engine it was good idle like crazy and never flamed out.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

tbh I think people have chipped in enough.. its now down to your decision... what tracks are near you what do they mainly run.. will effect your decision too...

Do you want charge and go

or

Nitro.. where you have to learn tuning ect and tech more than leccy...

as your the on that needs to make the decision.. think people have done there fair share, Dont mean to be rude.. but otherwise its going to go round and round in circles..
Old 09-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yup that, engine is about the same price as a mamba 1/8 speedo there tough engines, too i did see one guy i was racing with had the mach. 26 with the red head it was just as good as us guys running the itatian engines.

but the, downside is that the taiwan engines like the dynamite dont last past 1to 3 gallons and the quality isnt as good as the itatian engines.

i use to run a assoc gt2 with a .12 dynamite engine it was good idle like crazy and never flamed out.
I dunno about that, the go engines seem pretty rock solid to me and they are made in taiwan. I think its more to do with the manufacturer and quality control vs the coutry where its made.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
ya that makes sense but how much is a starter box,glow ignitor,glow plug...but yes that does makes sense....never really thought if that
Not as much as a good charger, and power supply and dont forget the Solder Iron
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Yeah but i thought he already had the stuff for electric and just wanted to test the nitro waters out. I could be wrong though.
Tech Prophet

+1 and i hate soldering.
Tech Master

already have a good charger,power supply and soldering iron. so in that case i think its gonna be electric til i get a stable job
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
tbh I think people have chipped in enough.. its now down to your decision... what tracks are near you what do they mainly run.. will effect your decision too...

Do you want charge and go

or

Nitro.. where you have to learn tuning ect and tech more than leccy...

as your the on that needs to make the decision.. think people have done there fair share, Dont mean to be rude.. but otherwise its going to go round and round in circles..
you know guys run more nitro than electric here brandon, atleast 1/8 scale, more electric in 1/10 scale here. why you always ask questions you already know the awnsers to?? if you get a electric buggy and race at nmrcc there will be 2, if you get a electric truggy and race at nmrcc, there will be 3, if you get a nitro buggy there will be 5 or 6, nitro truggy there will be 13. with that being said, i would save up your pennies for a nitro truggy.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by inferno13
you know guys run more nitro than electric here brandon, atleast 1/8 scale, more electric in 1/10 scale here. why you always ask questions you already know the awnsers to?? if you get a electric buggy and race at nmrcc there will be 2, if you get a electric truggy and race at nmrcc, there will be 3, if you get a nitro buggy there will be 5 or 6, nitro truggy there will be 13.
you wanna help me with getting a nitro then? lol my pocket cant take it
Old 09-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
+1 and i hate soldering.
I actually like soldering, been doing it for about 20 years. I hate micro surface mount soldering, but thats what smd irons are for General soldering is a breeze though, you just gotta practice a few times and it'll be second nature.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jwm2
I actually like soldering, been doing it for about 20 years. I hate micro surface mount soldering, but thats what smd irons are for General soldering is a breeze though, you just gotta practice a few times and it'll be second nature.
i love to solder and im acually not to bad at it
Old 09-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah soldering is easy, just take your time and make sure its flowing properly before removing the iron. Cold solder joints is the #1 reason people can't get things working properly in the industry i'm in. I dunno how many times i've fixed cold solder joints when all that was required was a hot enough soldering iron and enough time on the spot to properly heat all the solder. Oh well, some people never learn :/

The #2 problem is folks who use way too much solder. I mean some things to me seem like common sense, but when you open a part and it has a solder blob the size of my thumb, thats a problem
Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

honestly.. if you are very frugal and negotiate.. you can get both for not too much more than one..

im into both of these about 1k total. and all im missing is bodies
the servo for the electric is included in that 1k.. its just still in the mail

i bought the nitro as a used rtr for 400.
it came with everything needed to run. minus the fuel.
and the engine hadnt even been run.. sticker still on the top.
i realize that 1000 is a lot of dough but to get 2 fully working 1/8 scales, im pretty proud of how little i have actually spent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.