Wiki Posts
Search

steering servo

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
its funny i, run a futaba servo and its always kept its center and for some reason the hitecs i use lose its center a bit after 6 or more runs.

maybe cause i nosedived a couple of times by accident or something.
ive had some pretty bad wrecks and ive hit another truggy at wide open throttle head on down the straight (bc he was going the wrong way ) and never had any problem... your center problem isnt with the $50 or cheaper servos is it? because i have had centering problem on those... but with the 79(whatever number) there hasnt been any problem. futaba is good servos, but i need more torque than they offer.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Never had one little hint of a centering problem on any of my Ti gear Hitec's. I've run 59XX series and 79XX series. Not one little issue.

Futaba's are good servos too, but nowhere near as tough as Hitec's.

Savox servos(Orion)... Well I have no experience with them, but I've seen some big name Savox sponsored racers running Hitec's for steering. So I'd venture to say that Hitec's are better.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
ive had some pretty bad wrecks and ive hit another truggy at wide open throttle head on down the straight (bc he was going the wrong way ) and never had any problem... your center problem isnt with the $50 or cheaper servos is it? because i have had centering problem on those... but with the 79(whatever number) there hasnt been any problem. futaba is good servos, but i need more torque than they offer.

no its the, 7954 sh servo its just when im ready to put the servo horn on it wont center at a 90 @ angle like it did before but the wheels center fine.

god no i stay away from the cheaper diginal hitec servos they sucked.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

no its the, 7954 sh servo its just when im ready to put the servo horn on it wont center at a 90 @ angle like it did before but the wheels center fine.

LMAO! That's not a centering problem, it's called your trim setting. A "centering problem" is when a servo doesn't return to center properly after being actuated. The "problem" you described is simply a setting in your radio bud.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

you dont have your radio close do you? my hitecs and airtronics twitch like crazy if my radio is within a foot or 2 of my buggy/truggy... JR, futaba and scion dont twitch so when i switched to airtronics and hitecs i freaked out one day trying to get them to center.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Prophet

you dont have your radio close do you? my hitecs and airtronics twitch like crazy if my radio is within a foot or 2 of my buggy/truggy... JR, futaba and scion dont twitch so when i switched to airtronics and hitecs i freaked out one day trying to get them to center.

na my hitec, and futaba servo dont twitch at all im using a futaba 3pk with the speckum module.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
LMAO! That's not a centering problem, it's called your trim setting. A "centering problem" is when a servo doesn't return to center properly after being actuated. The "problem" you described is simply a setting in your radio bud.
no i set it at 0 on the trim it still does it.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

how long you been running them? ive seen TONS of engines blow up because of the Orion servos burn up and lock... they might have new ones out now but not sure. i ran one and it lock and thank goodness i was on the breaks.
I've got about a gallon on that servo. So far so good. I'll make a post if it decides to freak out.

see thats, what im saying its all about diffrent driving styles i know somebody on here said that the vds 2015 was good on the truggy and they liked it .
I think this servo has the perfect speed for my driving style. It's fast, but not twitchy fast.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

no i set it at 0 on the trim it still does it.
Yes... Like I said, Trim(or sub trim) setting.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
I've got about a gallon on that servo. So far so good. I'll make a post if it decides to freak out.
they usually go bad at 2-3 gallons... i hope you are one of the ones that have great luck with them
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Yes... Like I said, Trim(or sub trim) problem.
well if i set it at 0 on the trim before i put the servo horn on it should center straight but i goes the left when i press on the alum horn.

the teeth look fine on the horn and the servo.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

I have a jr9100s that twitches like crazy when I let it sit straight... is that the same centering problem you guys are talking about?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mike881
I have a jr9100s that twitches like crazy when I let it sit straight... is that the same centering problem you guys are talking about?

no i dont, have that problem ive ran jr servos in the past and i dont remember it twiching when i let it sit straight.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

well if i set it at 0 on the trim before i put the servo horn on it should center straight but i goes the left when i press on the alum horn.

the teeth look fine on the horn and the servo.
all servos ive had has done that because the teeth arent perfect to your horn... also what ive learn is turn the steering all the way both ways a couple of times before putting the horn on to make it center right.... and problems finding center is when your driving and it wont make the wheels straight after you've adjusted it all up. meaning one time it will pull to the right and you fix that then the next time it will pull to the left, if you know what i mean? all servos you have to adjust them with 99.9% of the servo horns... i hardly ever am able to leave it at 0.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Prophet

all servos ive had has done that because the teeth arent perfect to your horn... also what ive learn is turn the steering all the way both ways a couple of times before putting the horn on to make it center right.... and problems finding center is when your driving and it wont make the wheels straight after you've adjusted it all up. meaning one time it will pull to the right and you fix that then the next time it will pull to the left, if you know what i mean? all servos you have to adjust them with 99.9% of the servo horns... i hardly ever am able to leave it at 0.

i adjust the, trim so i will track straight it does actually somewhat go to the left but than again i could use sub trim. na i cant leave my at 0 ethier now.

i wish i can find the gears for it i know that whould fix it .
the wheels do center back when i turn left and right .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.