Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check this engine out!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if you went to the GO website http://www.go-engine.com/ you could see that the crankcase is the same externally and the carb is a ringer also. The info I've seen implies that this engine is manufactured by GO for Preci Rotate to Preci Rotate's specs. Please don't go thinking a GO or GO based engine can't be good. The new GX series GO engines are very powerful and durable. I have more acceleration and top speed than any "econo" engine at our (or other) track. I "give up" nothing in acceleration and top speed to any of the "premium" engines.

This post wasn't made to start a flame contest, It's my experience that GO's (even re-badged ones) are often considered not equivalent to the "premium" engines. In my opinion/ experience, they are as good, or so near to as good, that the single biggest difference is....................PRICE. If you look at the GO thread in this very forum, you'll see owners often describe their GO as a "beast" or a "monster". You'll also see owners of the "MG66" (a GX5R GO built by GO to Massive Mods specs using the Massive Mods cooling head also) saying that the MG66 is the finest engine they've ever owned...........bar none.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomatt
if you went to the GO website http://www.go-engine.com/ you could see that the crankcase is the same externally and the carb is a ringer also. The info I've seen implies that this engine is manufactured by GO for Preci Rotate to Preci Rotate's specs. Please don't go thinking a GO or GO based engine can't be good. The new GX series GO engines are very powerful and durable. I have more acceleration and top speed than any "econo" engine at our (or other) track. I "give up" nothing in acceleration and top speed to any of the "premium" engines.

This post wasn't made to start a flame contest, It's my experience that GO's (even re-badged ones) are often considered not equivalent to the "premium" engines. In my opinion/ experience, they are as good, or so near to as good, that the single biggest difference is....................PRICE. If you look at the GO thread in this very forum, you'll see owners often describe their GO as a "beast" or a "monster". You'll also see owners of the "MG66" (a GX5R GO built by GO to Massive Mods specs using the Massive Mods cooling head also) saying that the MG66 is the finest engine they've ever owned...........bar none.
yes i have heard good about go and was considering the 3 port and pipe deal, ive heard alot of positives about go so i think im might just give the 3 or 5 port a shot.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Either way

It is a heck of a deal with the pipe and all the little stuff included.

GO get one....A Main is a good place to GO shopping.....

It does look similar to an Alpha....Not a bad engine either, I've seen them GO....

The Alpha designer worked for GO. Go figure....

It may GO pretty fast....
Old 08-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6

It does look similar to an Alpha....Not a bad engine either, I've seen them GO....

on that note i'm off to bed....
Old 08-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i laughed soo hard i think i will GO puke
Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

I think im ganna GO look at alphas a bit more before i decide on which engine i should GO for. Im thinking about GOing towards alpha.On that note im ganna GO to bed aswell.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The alphas run a 0801 pipe like the precirotates do. The GOs have a 2041 pipe
Old 08-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bboard
The alphas run a 0801 pipe like the precirotates do. The GOs have a 2041 pipe
GO's also have an 0801. Actually I believe they were the first to have the 0801. They had it before both alpha and PR.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes, GO has a FEMCA 0801, and an EFRA 2072
These are the only GO pipes in the U.S. at this time.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by motomatt
if you went to the GO website http://www.go-engine.com/ you could see that the crankcase is the same externally and the carb is a ringer also. The info I've seen implies that this engine is manufactured by GO for Preci Rotate to Preci Rotate's specs.
Most manufacturers do not change materials so on alloy level they also are the same. The inside differences are mostly visable in milling work like turboscoop(s) and teardrops and small differences in the timings you notice in how the engine response.
I know some manufacturers just have a list of several specced parts you can choose from to create the engine.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Buy one of those! Then use te code mm in check out and it comes out to 219. Thats a good deal. NO break in and they are fast.

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...roducts_id=376
Old 08-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

try a gx7r in a buggy. put in the lowest carb insert. now find a engine that will out rev the gx7r. i got 200 bucks saying you wont. no nova comes close.
speed and b6 are closest but the gx7r is one of the fastest highest revving mother fu^$$%^$ in the market at this time.

i own alot of engines. on long tracks the 7r is the best. for the rest. my speed.

but hands down the 7r will outrev anything
Old 08-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
try a gx7r in a buggy. put in the lowest carb insert. now find a engine that will out rev the gx7r. i got 200 bucks saying you wont. no nova comes close.
speed and b6 are closest but the gx7r is one of the fastest highest revving mother fu^$$%^$ in the market at this time.

i own alot of engines. on long tracks the 7r is the best. for the rest. my speed.

but hands down the 7r will outrev anything
JPX 21 will outrev the GX7R...and has way more bottom to boot........
Old 08-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i agree that it looks like a go but here in australia go tech are winning races so for the price give it a go at the worst you get to keep a pipe and the other stuff if the engine goes so not a complete loss
Old 08-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude236
Buy one of those! Then use te code mm in check out and it comes out to 219. Thats a good deal. NO break in and they are fast.

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...roducts_id=376
I was looking at the go tech massive mods but for 290 i can get and engine with a pipe combo. Also i have no need for a 7 port(isnt the 7 meaning the port?). Im looking for 3 or 5 max since its for a buggy. I think a 7 is over kill for a buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.