R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   what is your budget? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/427269-what-your-budget.html)

Matt Piva 08-19-2010 08:22 PM

what is your budget?

ok so i have a budget, its 3 kits a year now and the same 900$ in parts, i do this soi dont go overboard. i get great support on my stuff n i run losi. i also have a budget on racing and i live in cali. my profile is all lies lol. i race 20 times a year but practice all year. im normal how are you? what r u like when it comes to this hobby?

its a thread keep it real

tunerjetta29 08-19-2010 08:32 PM

I run about 24 races a year (mostly club level). Figure not including an initial buy in you can run a 24 race season competitively with no sponsorship for $3000 a year?

Figure race entry, fuel, tires, and normal wear/maintenance parts set you back $200 a weekend. Factor in any transportation costs and unexpected replacement parts needed and I cant see a season costing less than that.

jmaxey51 08-19-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 (Post 7830219)
I run about 24 races a year (mostly club level). Figure not including an initial buy in you can run a 24 race season competitively with no sponsorship for $3000 a year?

Figure race entry, fuel, tires, and normal wear/maintenance parts set you back $200 a weekend. Factor in any transportation costs and unexpected replacement parts needed and I cant see a season costing less than that.

200 a weekend??? how much fuel do you burn? just asking because i dont come close to that, but yet i normal only run a tank maybe two of practice. i get 2-3 club races per gallon of fuel.

NitroXray80809 08-19-2010 09:07 PM

I dont pay much attention to my budget. Once i get my gear it basically 15 here 40 there but im mostly club racer. I know 3 kits a year can be reduced and that will save cash?.

camocowboy 08-19-2010 09:11 PM

I only buy maybe one totally new kit a year if that. I usually just replace stuff as needed to keep everything like new. I race at least twice a month, sometimes more. It's gotta be at least a 5k a year hobby if your running buggy and truggy regularly with no sponsor, and I would say that pretty conservative.

tc5 man 08-19-2010 09:23 PM

man i have no idea what.. i spend going racing the whole season (club level)
i dont race every weekend so that helps.

and do tend to let things, wear longer than i should be likes tires and drivetrain
on my truggy.

the best thing to do is, look at all online stores and find the best prices and cheapest shipping like dirt cheap r/c .com and bluegrass hobbies.com

rcdude236 08-19-2010 09:26 PM

ya know i have bought my first buggy and stuff so all my start up cost were quiet a bit. Now its just kinda a few bones here and there.

tunerjetta29 08-19-2010 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 (Post 7830301)
200 a weekend??? how much fuel do you burn? just asking because i dont come close to that, but yet i normal only run a tank maybe two of practice. i get 2-3 club races per gallon of fuel.

I usually run 4 hours of practice before race time to get everything dialed in and play with setup so usually close to a gallon between practice, three heats and a 20 min main. I use the previous weekends tires for practice and a new set for the race.

rcdude236 08-19-2010 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 (Post 7830457)
I usually run 4 hours of practice before race time to get everything dialed in and play with setup so usually close to a gallon between practice, three heats and a 20 min main. I use the previous weekends tires for practice and a new set for the race.

Damn!!! At that pace, doesnt buying motors get old?:lol:

jmaxey51 08-19-2010 09:51 PM

thats alot of running. im a full time college student right now and i cant afford buying tires so much so i dont practice much. wish i could, but i am starting too now. but your track has 4 hours of practice before a race?? thats crazy, most in my area doesnt unless you come the day before lol

NitroXray80809 08-19-2010 09:52 PM

I wish i knew u lol it sounds like u dont need tires as bad, im still runing cityblocks and crossbraces that ive had for months now:lol:still got tread but arent new lol.

tunerjetta29 08-19-2010 10:00 PM

Good thing about night races, whole day is open for practice.

I don't toss tires til they are bald. You get more than 4 hours of run time out of a set? What surface you running on?

8ight-racer 08-19-2010 10:03 PM

Let's just say that if I had to pay for my tires I probably wouldn't race...

kingJurzy 08-19-2010 10:13 PM

how u get sponsored?

NitroXray80809 08-19-2010 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 (Post 7830535)
Good thing about night races, whole day is open for practice.

I don't toss tires til they are bald. You get more than 4 hours of run time out of a set? What surface you running on?

Not to sure how much time i cant even remember how many runs they have, I run on a kinda loose track but its hard. When wet its hard but dry its really loose.